Callaway X-Hot & X-Hot Pro Driver Preview Thread

I think Freddie got to get some X Hot love in today, X Hot with a Black Tie shaft Freddie? I NEED to hear more!!!

XHotness. I love it.

Or, in my case, FrankenXHotness.

Hey.. Mike... Buy the XHOT, I dare you.

I still think that PX combo was nearly perfect for you.

I double dog dare you!

On another note I am afraid to try this. I just got the RAZR Xtreme and don't want this to kick it out of the bag. Haha.

I will have to give this a try very soon.

So I was out hitting balls at the heated range today and not getting along with my rbz tour driver. I picked the rbz tour up for cheap from the used bin over the winter as I wanted to try one out. Anyway, its probably too much club for me, but I couldn't come close to hitting the thing remotely close to straight so I don't think it will be in the bag this year. So what does any golf nut do, stop at the local shop to try other drivers. I hadn't really considered the xhot, but it is now at the top of my list. I was hitting the xhot 10.5 with a regular flex shaft and was quite impressed with it. I continually was hitting it straight up to about a 6 yard draw on the sim. I have hit before a lot on this sim and it is pretty accurate. Besides the one ball I kinda popped up on a bad swing, I found it to be really consistent. I normally hit my driver low, but was getting a nice 13-14* launch with this club. I am going to go back and try out some different combinations, but what direction do you think I should go to straighten out the ball flight a bit ?? (only reason is because my normal miss is a bad hook, however, I did not hit any of them in the 15 swings I took). I am thinking just moving to the stiff shaft will take care of that as it seemed a bit soft. Normal driver swing speed is 95-98mph. I did not try the pro version, but does anyone know if you can get the pro shaft in a regular head ?

You can order the Pro shaft in the regular head. There is no upcharge.

I think Freddie got to get some X Hot love in today, X Hot with a Black Tie shaft Freddie? I NEED to hear more!!!
You ask and you shallreceive. I managed to pickup the Xhot driver and asked for the black tie over the stock PX. The guy and Edwin watts had no idea I could use a shaft spec'd for the Xtreme in the Xhot. I told him he needed to get on THP.

anyway, I started on the range with some smooth swings just to see where I was from a swing stand point. I was hittingEverything square with no movement. The black tie gave the Xhot a mid ball flight, just above the 30' pines that line the side of the range. It was chilly so I wasn't expecting much as far as distance but from where is stood I was carrying the 240 flag with no issues. Be fore I headed to the 1st tee I really put my backside into one with my opening tee shot in mind. I flagged the teaching pad on the back of the range with a mid/low bullet. Great thoughts going to the tee. I swiped the opening tee ball and carried the edge of the waste bunker that sits 275 from the back tees.

I hit it when ever possible through the round. And the balls jumped off the face and were well on there way when I hit my follow through. The thing about it is that the hit doesn't match the distance or flight. Nothing that smooth should have so much force behind it. I missed a few and I mean it. I hit two OB on the front with going fades that just caught the wind and kept going. Bad misses for me but my miss none the less.

The black tie felt ok, nothing earth shattering. A guess a little muted in the Xhot which is the exact opposite feeling I get when paired with the Xtreme. It's a good combo and if I didn't know better I'd say I could game it. But after the results I saw with the Xhot pro and Kiyoshi, I can say this falls a bit short for me. It had straight, it had long but just ok on feel and not quit the extra gear I want. But for someone else this could be a game changer.

Thanks for the update Freddie. I'm planning on trying everything possible in terms of shafts and lofts in both drivers before I make my decision.

The Texas THP Invitational is going to be a great testing opportunity I hope as I will not likely be able to hit these outside until then.

Good writeup Freddie, I think the straight and long you experienced will be just fine for us mortals

I did not try the pro version, but does anyone know if you can get the pro shaft in a regular head ?

As stated above, you can order it that way with no up charge. It does seem that custom build is on a 3-4 week back order though, as that what I'm looking at doing.

Thanks for the update Freddie. I'm planning on trying everything possible in terms of shafts and lofts in both drivers before I make my decision.

The Texas THP Invitational is going to be a great testing opportunity I hope as I will not likely be able to hit these outside until then.

The demo day was key for me because I got to hit as many shaft as I wanted outdoor. Numbers are great but feeling the results you are seeing is tops.

Mikedean don't get me wrong, I like the ball flight. It reminded me a lot of my current hammer but it just seemed to fall out of the sky. The kiyoshi just kept going and completed its arc

I see mention of the Pro shaft. Are we talking PXi?

The demo day was key for me because I got to hit as many shaft as I wanted outdoor. Numbers are great but feeling the results you are seeing is tops.

Mikedean don't get me wrong, I like the ball flight. It reminded me a lot of my current hammer but it just seemed to fall out of the sky. The kiyoshi just kept going and completed its arc

Totally get what you are saying, I think anyone can take that face and with the proper shaft for them really do some damage, face is just that hot

To my understanding, the PX Velocity in the standard XH is a "made for". The XH Pro comes with what they label the PX Velocity Pro, which to my understanding, is the "real deal" PXV Tour (not to be confused with the PXV Tour 52 series) if you were to buy one aftermarket.

Should be getting mine this week. So excited.

Well, I played 18 and hit about 10 bags of balls today. A looooooooot with the driver after my round to gets some stuff fixed.

I can say this without batting an eye, the forgiveness of this head across the face, particularly off the heel, just makes me smile. In my round I was catching EVERYTHING inside (including one that was on the absolute inside of the face, as close as you could get tot he edge) and the ball consistently stayed in play. Obviously, I gave up distance with the misses like that, but the ball was straight and in play allowing me a chance to save the hole time and time again. That opened my eyes.

Now, on the range afterwards, I fixed some things and found that ole familiar grin from finding the middle of the face. A wondermous (yes, wondermous) sound and the ball just GONE. Its an eye opener for me.

Finally going to truly go toe to toe with my 11.5 Fit tomorrow just to see. I'm eager and curious.

Well, I played 18 and hit about 10 bags of balls today. A looooooooot with the driver after my round to gets some stuff fixed.

I can say this without batting an eye, the forgiveness of this head across the face, particularly off the heel, just makes me smile. In my round I was catching EVERYTHING inside (including one that was on the absolute inside of the face, as close as you could get tot he edge) and the ball consistently stayed in play. Obviously, I gave up distance with the misses like that, but the ball was straight and in play allowing me a chance to save the hole time and time again. That opened my eyes.

Now, on the range afterwards, I fixed some things and found that ole familiar grin from finding the middle of the face. A wondermous (yes, wondermous) sound and the ball just GONE. Its an eye opener for me.

Finally going to truly go toe to toe with my 11.5 Fit tomorrow just to see. I'm eager and curious.

My miss is inside this pleases me that the face kept the ball in play...

My miss is inside this pleases me that the face kept the ball in play...

It does me too, this miss the past three rounds has been killing me. But, its keeping the ball in play and giving me chances still. Gotta love that, on range afterwards, night and day. Night and day.

Iam looking forward to spending time with you on the range in Dallas

Iam looking forward to spending time with you on the range in Dallas

And I with you dude.

I've got 1000 thoughts going right now. Its killing me on the tee.

Went to the range, just "let my body support the swinging of the instrument" and bam. Piping it.

Mental.

Thats my biggest tip with the driver. swing the club and let the ball get in the way. It is so freeing...
And I with you dude.

I've got 1000 thoughts going right now. Its killing me on the tee.

Went to the range, just "let my body support the swinging of the instrument" and bam. Piping it.

Mental.

I finally got to hit this over the weekend. We had snow in Raleigh this weekend (just a dusting but that is usually all it takes to shut down the city) so I figured I could get out and get some swings in on a monitor. My first stop was GolfSmith. Still no LH XHot or FitXtreme. Are you kidding me? Just ridiculous. I had some errands to run on that side of town, and when I was done I went home. Got up Sunday and headed to Golf Galaxy. They had the XHot in the 10.5* with the stiff shaft, which is exactly what I wanted to try. As I am waiting to get on their only monitor I hear the guy telling everyone that for some reason the monitor is reading everything as 10-15 yards short. I watched person after person go in and out saying that they agreed it was 10-15 yards short whether hitting irons, hybrids, FW's, or drivers. Finally I get in, and ask the guy to let me take 20 swings and give me the averages for carry and total distance. I start taking a couple of practice swings to loosen up and then set up to take my first swing. What a great feeling as it is just effortless. I was not even paying attention to my swing because I was paying attention to the sound that I have been hearing you guys talk about, and now I get it. I finish my 20 swings and look at the screen, and the dispersion from the center line is awesome. Everything is almost dead straight. I look at the guy and he says 237 carry 248 total. I am not long so I was pleased and thanked the guy. Someone else was getting set up and I was putting my coat on getting ready to leave and he says to me "Don't forget, these readings are 10-15 yards short." I stopped dead in my tracks looked at him and said "you didn't add that in already?" He just smiled and shook his head no. I am not saying that I will not look at anything else, whether it is a shaft change, or the Xtreme, but I am very impressed with the initial results. Now I have to find some place to hit this outside and see what happens.

I finally got to hit this over the weekend. We had snow in Raleigh this weekend (just a dusting but that is usually all it takes to shut down the city) so I figured I could get out and get some swings in on a monitor. My first stop was GolfSmith. Still no LH XHot or FitXtreme. Are you kidding me? Just ridiculous. I had some errands to run on that side of town, and when I was done I went home. Got up Sunday and headed to Golf Galaxy. They had the XHot in the 10.5* with the stiff shaft, which is exactly what I wanted to try. As I am waiting to get on their only monitor I hear the guy telling everyone that for some reason the monitor is reading everything as 10-15 yards short. I watched person after person go in and out saying that they agreed it was 10-15 yards short whether hitting irons, hybrids, FW's, or drivers. Finally I get in, and ask the guy to let me take 20 swings and give me the averages for carry and total distance. I start taking a couple of practice swings to loosen up and then set up to take my first swing. What a great feeling as it is just effortless. I was not even paying attention to my swing because I was paying attention to the sound that I have been hearing you guys talk about, and now I get it. I finish my 20 swings and look at the screen, and the dispersion from the center line is awesome. Everything is almost dead straight. I look at the guy and he says 237 carry 248 total. I am not long so I was pleased and thanked the guy. Someone else was getting set up and I was putting my coat on getting ready to leave and he says to me "Don't forget, these readings are 10-15 yards short." I stopped dead in my tracks looked at him and said "you didn't add that in already?" He just smiled and shook his head no. I am not saying that I will not look at anything else, whether it is a shaft change, or the Xtreme, but I am very impressed with the initial results. Now I have to find some place to hit this outside and see what happens.
Nice York.....I'm the same as you, I really am more of a visual guy and want to hear/feel/experience this out on the range to see with my own eyes!

That's long dude....you need to get one of those outdoors stat!

Back