GopherNut

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm going to be buying a new cart bag very soon. My dilemma is how big to go? They range in size so much. I've included two pics as a reference of the two extremes I'm considering. One is the Ogio 01 which is about 10lbs and under $100. The second is a Sun Mountain C-135 which is also around 9lbs but roughly twice the price and more like a staff bag with the practicality of a bag meant to sit on a cart, not be carried around by a tour caddie.

These might not be the best examples but ultimately, for those with cart bags, do you wish you went bigger or smaller?

I usually ride but do some walking with a push cart too. Any general thoughts would be appreciated. I'm leaning towards a smaller one to save a little money and because I don't think I'll ever fill up a full-sized bag since I typically have a sweater basket on a cart or a basket on my push cart.

O1_black.jpg

golfcartplace_2268_2779373

I had a Sun Mountain for a while, and its a fantastic cart bag. Might want to check specs to see if it will fit on your push cart, though.

For me personally I like the setup of the Sun Mountain bag, but its purely subject to individual taste.

Do some of the really big cart bags not fit on a push cart very well? I have an odd (upright caddy) 4-wheel push cart which would probably fit a full-size staff bag but I hadn't considered size, just weight.

If you want a great bag for push carts and riding, the better option I feel is the Sun Mountain Sync. Not as bulky as the C130 and works awesome on push carts.

Thanks fupresti. Did you feel you still had room for everything in the smaller sun mountain option? I typically have 15 or 16 clubs (including an Orange Whip & maybe a spare putter or demo club) but don't seem to carry much for clothes, extra towels or tons of extra balls.

I carry 14 clubs with an orange whip and 2 alignment sticks and everything fits just fine. In fact the Sync has 14 spots and a putter well

I recommend Sun Mountain anytime Sun Mountain is an option. Best bags on the market IMO.

I like the ogid one, I cant tell if it has a putter tube though, if it didnt, it would be a no-go for me :)

my sun countain c-130 fits perfectly on my clicgear 3.5+ - I'd think the 135 is going to work the same way. FWIW, the c-130 is a great bag and can be had on the cheap if you look for last year's colors.

I like the Sun Mountain. I prefer one that has plenty of pockets for personal items and not a 14 way divider.

I have a C-130 that I used to use and I found it was pretty great. Nice size could fit everything I wanted to in it and it fit on my push cart very well.

All I can say it the C-130 has lasted 2 years for me, I play and practice so much that is easily the longest I have had a bag last. I will definitely purchase another for that reason alone.

Almost went C130 myself and so glad I made the jump to this Bennington QO12. The C130 had everything I was looking for but went Bennington. Unfortunately you won't be able to see one up close and personal, but I am really happy with mine. The WFO is also very interesting an new, but haven't seen one in person. Those links will also pop up a 20% off coupon.

It is a little taller than all other bags, but fits just fine on my Clik 3.0 and in my Burstproof 2 travel bag. Just some more options to look at, good luck!

I love my C-130, but searched Craiglist and got it on bargain ($60 and had only seen about 5 rounds, has a tournament logo on it but that's ok). I too was looking at the Bennington QO-12, and would have went that route had I not found the deal on the C-130. I was hesitant on the Bennington because of the price and just when I decided to pull the trigger the deal on mine popped up. The only complaint I have on the C-130 is that on riding carts, the rubber feet don't seem to allow it to set fully in the well for the bottom of the bag. It sets ok when strapped in, just wish it would set all the way down in the well.

After researching a number of models (including several from Sun Mountain, Taylormade, and RJ Sports) I recently purchased the Ogio Itza cart bag in black, and I like it a lot. Has all the storage I want, all dividers are full-length and individual, and it has both a front putter tube/well and drink cooler pocket. For a cart bag, it is relatively light weight. It has very good build quality and all the pockets, zippers and handles are well made. I bought it on sale as a clearance item for about $129 - I think it might be now discontinued and I'm not sure which new model replaced it, but if you can find it on sale, it would be a good find.

Good luck.

If you're looking to save money, I got the clicgear cart bag from last year for an insane deal ($80).

My favorite things about it are how insanely balanced it is compared to other bags I've used, and the full bag rain cover.

Fits like a charm (obviously) on my clicgear 3.5+.

Would check it out if you plan on using it on both types of carts.

Thanks for the ideas. After strolling through a local golf store today, I think I'm leaning towards a smaller version rather than a full-size cart bag. The Datrek and C-130 and Callaway Org were all just so bulky, I don't think I need that much capacity. It'll just add to the difficulty of loading into my trunk and encourage golf bag "hording."

Any suggestions for small cart bags? I like the Ogio Syncro but I'd really like to stick to something without a 14-way top divider system. I like the 6, 8 or 10 way dividers if possible. Just a personal preference. I know bridgestone used to have a nice 6 or 7 way top with separate putter tube a while back but I haven't seen one for sale in a while.

If you're looking to save money, I got the clicgear cart bag from last year for an insane deal ($80).

My favorite things about it are how insanely balanced it is compared to other bags I've used, and the full bag rain cover.

Fits like a charm (obviously) on my clicgear 3.5+.

Would check it out if you plan on using it on both types of carts.

Where did ya find a deal like that? Im wanting to buy a clicgear bag.

I have the last years SM S1 bag. Really like it. It's a touch heavier than what I wanted but it works really well. I was between that and the SYNC. I like the newer design of the S1 for this year though.

@cpetticrew

Costco had them on clearance last year for $80 dollars! Free shipping and everything.

It was pretty unreal and I'm ecstatic about the bag.

Back