That is an AWESOME club to paintfill!! I really like what you did.

Thanks. I found testors paint today and really like the results. I'm going Red/Black throughout the bag. I'll finish this and then work on the CG16 wedges. Those will be fun.

Well somehow I found a moment of clarity. Here is what I came up with.

gegy7a8y.jpg

So, wasn't sure where to put this.

I'm thinking change the purple dot to some lime pearlescent fill and I'm in business. This is going to look GOOD on these irons.

DSC_0791_zpsd172170d.jpg

Well somehow I found a moment of clarity. Here is what I came up with.

gegy7a8y.jpg

really like the one on the left.

Jman do you think there is an alarm that will go off at PING HQ if you change the paint on the dot?

Looks AWESOME with those ferrules dude!

I think they are going to turn out nicely, I really do. Got it turned down flush with some acetone and I really like the look. Single stripes on the i20's, double stripes on the X-Forged wedges methinks. Thinking about pulling my CT shaft bands off too.

really like the one on the left.

Jman do you think there is an alarm that will go off at PING HQ if you change the paint on the dot?

Thanks Dean. What don't you like about the one on the right? I am not thrilled with it either and the wife didn't like it either. I do however really like the one on the left.

We are going to find out. Might be one for the dot change and another for TRUE ferrules on a PING iron that aren't the stubby 1/4" ones!

I think they are going to turn out nicely, I really do. Got it turned down flush with some acetone and I really like the look. Single stripes on the i20's, double stripes on the X-Forged wedges methinks. Thinking about pulling my CT shaft bands off too.

PING go to white?

Thanks Dean. What don't you like about the one on the right? I am not thrilled with it either and the wife didn't like it either. I do however really like the one on the left.

I like them both. I actually did red paint fill on my Cally Jaws CC wedges back in the day. I just like how the Blue and Yellow really seem to compliment each other well. Also it's a less busy wedge design.

I like them both. I actually did red paint fill on my Cally Jaws CC wedges back in the day. I just like how the Blue and Yellow really seem to compliment each other well. Also it's a less busy wedge design.

Maybe that's it. Just too much going on.

Oh and its Orange and Blue. haha :act-up:

Maybe that's it. Just too much going on.

Oh and its Orange and Blue. haha :act-up:

I say take the X-Forged nekkid and just let 'em rust. Its what I'm going to do...well...outside of a little pearlescent lime on the X of course! hehe

So, wasn't sure where to put this.

I'm thinking change the purple dot to some lime pearlescent fill and I'm in business. This is going to look GOOD on these irons.

DSC_0791_zpsd172170d.jpg

How hard was it to put those green hosels on? I need those like 5 mins ago.

How hard was it to put those green hosels on? I need those like 5 mins ago.

The ferrules? Easy.

Just have to pull the heads (which with steel is easy since no worries about fraying graphite), remove the old ferrule, install the new one, re-epoxy the head, and turn down the ferrule to make it flush. Seems like a lot in writing, but it really is easy peasy.

The ferrules? Easy.

Just have to pull the heads (which with steel is easy since no worries about fraying graphite), remove the old ferrule, install the new one, re-epoxy the head, and turn down the ferrule to make it flush. Seems like a lot in writing, but it really is easy peasy.

Yes the ferrules sorry. But those lime green are so nice! And I'm obsessed with like green!

I say take the X-Forged nekkid and just let 'em rust. Its what I'm going to do...well...outside of a little pearlescent lime on the X of course! hehe

Haha. Yeah I might take some out of it. Just seems like to much going on. Might let the numbers and Callaway golf just rust out and just do the X.

Yes the ferrules sorry. But those lime green are so nice! And I'm obsessed with like green!
As am I buddy. For me, its repping THP as much as I possibly can though. I love it.

If you decide to do it, go to cell-parts.net. Not the cheapest, but TREMENDOUS quality. I won't use anyone else.

Haha. Yeah I might take some out of it. Just seems like to much going on. Might let the numbers and Callaway golf just rust out and just do the X.
Great minds dude...great minds...

Great minds dude...great minds...

You got it man!

what exactly do you do to turn down a ferrule? Sorry I know its a little off topic but hoping to do some club building and dont feel like heading over there when you are right here. haha

You got it man!

what exactly do you do to turn down a ferrule? Sorry I know its a little off topic but hoping to do some club building and dont feel like heading over there when you are right here. haha

No worries. Sometimes the ferrules will be a bit larger in diameter than the hosel, in that case you need to turn it down. Some use a cloth belt on a table belt sander type setup, I use a piece of old t-shirt and some acetone. Pour some acetone on it, place the cloth between my thumb and indexfinger, grip the ferrule and spin the head with my other hand. They key is, you HAVE to keep moving or the shirt will stick and rough up the ferrule. I just keep rotating long enough and the while spinning the head move my grip down the shaft and off the ferrule. Sounds harder than it is.

I need to make a video methinks.

No worries. Sometimes the ferrules will be a bit larger in diameter than the hosel, in that case you need to turn it down. Some use a cloth belt on a table belt sander type setup, I use a piece of old t-shirt and some acetone. Pour some acetone on it, place the cloth between my thumb and indexfinger, grip the ferrule and spin the head with my other hand. They key is, you HAVE to keep moving or the shirt will stick and rough up the ferrule. I just keep rotating long enough and the while spinning the head move my grip down the shaft and off the ferrule. Sounds harder than it is.

I need to make a video methinks.

Gotcha. Seems easy enough. I didnt realize acetone will eat away at the ferrule. Good stuff. Thanks bro!

Gotcha. Seems easy enough. I didnt realize acetone will eat away at the ferrule. Good stuff. Thanks bro!

Yep, does a GREAT job, and it polishes the ferrule as well. Just have to keep moving.

I do think I'm going to do a vid in the next couple of days, could be useful. Still need to do one on saving grips without a compressor too.

Left side ftw!

Mike did you remove the original paint? I have the same wedge and can not get the paint to stick in the two chevron logos.--- sorry the one on the left. Yours came out nice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back