Living in WI and wondering how far south I would have to drive to golf in Feb or Mar?

packerfan

Reaction score
Handicap
I have no problem golfing in 50 - 60* temps. However, I'm wondering how far south I would need to drive to find a few decent courses that are still open this time of year. Any help is appreciated.

I have no problem golfing in 50 - 60* temps. However, I'm wondering how far south I would need to drive to find a few decent courses that are still open this time of year. Any help is appreciated.

What is your lowest acceptable temperature? I believe there are open courses in Illinois.

If your talking March, then my guess is around a line of about Iowa southern state line...ish. We usually have decent weather here in Kansas, good enough to golf, usually around the 2nd or 3rd week of March.

Yea, you're going to need to go pretty far south into IL this year. There is all kinds of snow right now.

I bet it would be cheaper to check flights to anywhere that you know the weather would be nice enough than to get in the car and go at this point.

My course is open year round but we currently have like 6 inches of snow. Say I would say Carbondale and further south or maybe Kentucky and further south. If you swing through central Illinois pick me up lol.
What is your lowest acceptable temperature? I believe there are open courses in Illinois.

My course is open year round but we currently have like 6 inches of snow....

With more on the way. The boss was talking about opening a shop in Texas. Sounds pretty good about now.

Youre probably looking at either Missouri or Kentucky.

Back