2014 ATT Pebble Beach National Pro-Am Thread (Spoilers)

coers

@andrewcoers
Reaction score
Groveland,IL Central Illinois/Just south of Peoria
Handicap
I watch simply to watch the course.

Pebble Beach is a amazing course. Also kinda cool to watch some of the celebs and see what kind of game they have.
I watch simply to watch the course.

This is a bucket list course that can actually be played. I will play both courses one day.

I'm watching last years on the golf channel now, but I agree on all accounts. Amazing scenery and it's cool to watch some of the celebs play.

One of my favorite tournaments to watch every year. The scenery is simply breathtaking

IDK if your still watching but dam James Hahn has a sweet swing.
I'm watching last years on the golf channel now, but I agree on all accounts. Amazing scenery and it's cool to watch some of the celebs play.

My grandparents live in Pacific Grove, the town adjacent to Pebble and when I was a kid my dad would take me out of school to go down there to watch the practice rounds. I absolutely love the vibe of the tournament, the setting, the memories of being there with my dad. All these things together make this one of my favorite tournaments of the year.

Plus, I used to be a Northern California Golf Association member and it used to only cost us like 30 bucks to play Poppy Hills. I always enjoyed watching the shots of the players treading the same fairways I had.

I love this tournament just because of the fact I love Pebble Beach. Definitely one of the courses on my bucket list.

Sneds really tore it up last year. Hopefully we see lots of non-celebrity golf :)

The course is definitely beautiful, but I will always feel that 17 is a stupid hole.

The course is definitely beautiful, but I will always feel that 17 is a stupid hole.

I agree with you...if it wasn't for the famous shots of Nicklaus and Watson, I bet the would have done some redesigning there. Nice piece of land (unlike the old #5) but plain odd green complex.

On an unrelated note, joke per Jason Sobel on Twitter today

I agree with you...if it wasn't for the famous shots of Nicklaus and Watson, I bet the would have done some redesigning there. Nice piece of land (unlike the old #5) but plain odd green complex.

Yea, for a hole that is in the home stretch it's just an odd one to me. Half the time they are lucky to even hit the thing, much less get lucky enough to stick it close.

Sneds really tore it up last year. Hopefully we see lots of non-celebrity golf :)

Let's hope he plays more like he did last year and less like he did last week.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Agree hopes its lots of non celebrity golf.

Awesome place! I was fortunate enough to play in a Pro-Am there. Stayed at The Lodge and walked right out of my room onto the 18th fairway. Played Pebble, Spanish Bay and Spyglass. Only bad part about the whole thing was finding out once I got home that we had a tee time set up for us at Cypress one morning. Talk about BUZZKILL!!

Bloody typical, we've had months of great weather here, blue skies and sunshine, the day the tournament starts, it chucks it down LOL. As I live just on the edge of Monterey, I should really get myself into gear and look to head down to Pebble on Sunday.

I'm becoming SUCH a Hahn fan.

I love Pebble Beach. Mark Frost describes it majestically in his book The Match.

James Hahn looking good.

I hate asking this question for the fear of sounding like a noob, but how exactly is the tournament scored. I understand a pro is paired with an amateur, however is there a total score between the two and do they play the entire tournament together. Or are the amateurs scored separately from the pros. I have watched this tournament for years I just never figured it out.

I hate asking this question for the fear of sounding like a noob, but how exactly is the tournament scored. I understand a pro is paired with an amateur, however is there a total score between the two and do they play the entire tournament together. Or are the amateurs scored separately from the pros. I have watched this tournament for years I just never figured it out.

For the PRO / AM portion of the event, its a combined score between the amateur and the pro (including handicaps for the amateur). I believe there is a cut for the Pro/Am teams as well as the regular Pro cut you always see. So the AM keeps playing with their Pro until they're cut or the tournament is over. If it happened, I believe a pro would make the cut if his Pro AM team scored well enough even if he didn't, but I think that would be a rare occurence anyways.

For the PRO / AM portion of the event, its a combined score between the amateur and the pro (including handicaps for the amateur). I believe there is a cut for the Pro/Am teams as well as the regular Pro cut you always see. So the AM keeps playing with their Pro until they're cut or the tournament is over. If it happened, I believe a pro would make the cut if his Pro AM team scored well enough even if he didn't, but I think that would be a rare occurence anyways.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Back