The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents must be real winners, my daughters teacher has told us some stories, great job raining kids folks. Some people just have no business having kids

If only there was a way to prevent that from happening...

Ghost I'm sorry to hear that bro, thoughts and prayers

Parents must be real winners, my daughters teacher has told us some stories, great job raining kids folks. Some people just have no business having kids

My 4-year old has been in public Pre-K this year and it has been really eye-opening. I mean, intellectually you know that there are a lot of really poor family dynamics and poorly educated adults in this SE Tennessee region, but short of going to Wal-Mart, we really don't encounter them in our everyday lives (yes, I realize how arrogant that sentence sounds). In that sense, I am really glad that their kids are getting an early educational opportunity like they are. The classic story is that the teacher told us there were parents who actually got angry with her during parent-teacher conferences because the learning expectation was beyond what the parents thought was appropriate.

We haven't had much problem with bullying or anything, but I'm really surprised the teacher there is letting that happen (if aware of it) Tadashi.

Hoping the best for you, Ghost.

Really not a good start to the morning. Get a early morning text message from a high school friend with horrific news.

I grew up in a small fishing community, after high school one of my god friend's followed in the steps of his father and grandfather by getting into the lobstering/fishing industry. Anyways, long story short, the text message informed me that his boat went down early this morning and still no life boat found. Couple close friends on that boat.

Just hoping for a text with good news now.

Sorry to hear this Ghost. I know it stings for this type news to come forth. Prayers are with you and friends family.

Really not a good start to the morning. Get a early morning text message from a high school friend with horrific news.

I grew up in a small fishing community, after high school one of my god friend's followed in the steps of his father and grandfather by getting into the lobstering/fishing industry. Anyways, long story short, the text message informed me that his boat went down early this morning and still no life boat found. Couple close friends on that boat.

Just hoping for a text with good news now.
Thoughts are with you Golf Ghost.

I just dropped my kids off at daycare. As I walk my son into his class one of the kids says what smells? His sidekick yells my son's name. The rest of the kids laugh. My son has this look on his face like I've never seen. I hate seeing my son distressed in anyway.

I lectured the two boys as the rest of the kids started playing with my son. When I was done my son comes with a rye smile and a high five. I never knew kids could be so mean
That just suck, tad. Good thing you were there so you could do something about it.

Golf Ghost, my thoughts and prayers are with you this morning.

Freddie, that really sucks as from what I have seen of your little guy he seems really cool. Glad to see you stepped up immediately!!

Ghost, sorry to hear about that man, praying for best.

Nothing better than starting the week on less than 3 hours of sleep!!

Pop Quiz, Hotshot:

The weather is finally going to be decent after 7-10 days of cold, wind and/or rain.

You're able to get out of the office early today, and the weather will be sunny and in the high 50s.

But, today is also your wife's birthday, and if she learns that you're hitting golf balls this afternoon, you are toast.

What do you do? (What do you do?)

/Shoot the hostage?
//Too obscure?

I decided that I would take a lady friend with me to Top Golf in Dallas last night instead of me just going to the range to get some practice in before the Dallas Outing and when we arrived, it was a 4 hour wait!!! And that was at 5:30pm.
Note to self, call before going----I live an hour away!

Pop Quiz, Hotshot:

The weather is finally going to be decent after 7-10 days of cold, wind and/or rain.

You're able to get out of the office early today, and the weather will be sunny and in the high 50s.

But, today is also your wife's birthday, and if she learns that you're hitting golf balls this afternoon, you are toast.

/Shoot the hostage?
//Too obscure?

Tread lightly grasshopper

Take care of the wife, it will come back in your favor down the road

I decided that I would take a lady friend with me to Top Golf in Dallas last night instead of me just going to the range to get some practice in before the Dallas Outing and when we arrived, it was a 4 hour wait!!! And that was at 5:30pm.
Note to self, call before going----I live an hour away!

That's crazy! Business must be awfully good. You should open one in FW! Ha

What she dos'nt know wont hurt you...

Pop Quiz, Hotshot:

/Shoot the hostage?
//Too obscure?

Don't do it! Haha.

Doing some "rant of the day" skimming.

Ghost -- Really sorry to hear about your friend. Hope everything turns out okay.

Freddie -- I've realized that little kids can be really mean and hurtful, sometimes even despite their upbringing. I've seen little kids in my daughter's pre-K program, from "good" families, act like total brats. IMO, some of the issues is just kids setting boundaries and trying to determine what they can get away with. But, the parents really need to do a better job explaining what is acceptable and what isn't. Sorry that you're little guy had to deal with that, though.

Just to keep everyone updated. Life Craft was found, they used thermographic cameras from the life guard to see that there's bodies on the the craft, just how many are on and how many are alive is still unknown as the winds are too strong right now to get close with a boat right now or try to lower anything from the helicopter.

So at least it's something right now, fingers still crossed.

Just to keep everyone updated. Life Craft was found, they used thermographic cameras from the life guard to see that there's bodies on the the craft, just how many are on and how many are alive is still unknown as the winds are too strong right now to get close with a boat right now or try to lower anything from the helicopter.

Happy to read this buddy, holding out hope!

That-s good news. Hoping for a good outcome for the rescue efforts.

Thoughts are with you, dude. This is good news and I hope it just keeps coming.

That's good to read. I hope it turns out well for you.

Really pulling for everyone involved ghost. Talk about nervous wait time. Hope everyone is okay and on the boat.

That's good to hear, Ghost. Hopefully everyone, including your friend, is accounted for and ultimately safe.

Ghost, sorry to hear that hope everything turns out alright.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back