TMAdidas

Reaction score
Handicap
I called my local Dick's today with a coupon for a $1 club re-gripping (out of tape and don't feel like buying any more) and was looking at having my lie adjusted and my loft checked and set back to standard if need-be. Well, my concern was that I would need to pay for a full-on wedge fitting just to hit the lie board to see what lie I'd need. Well, I called and the head-pro said that not only would he not make me pay to hit the lie board, he would give me a free wedge fitting that included length, loft, lie and all that jazz. Also, they have my grip (Golf Pride NDMC White-outs) on sale half-price. Just though that I'd report some good news from bigger companies that are often viewed as unknowledgeable and unfriendly customer service.

I called my local Dick's today with a coupon for a $1 club re-gripping (out of tape and don't feel like buying any more) and was looking at having my lie adjusted and my loft checked and set back to standard if need-be. Well, my concern was that I would need to pay for a full-on wedge fitting just to hit the lie board to see what lie I'd need. Well, I called and the head-pro said that not only would he not make me pay to hit the lie board, he would give me a free wedge fitting that included length, loft, lie and all that jazz. Also, they have my grip (Golf Pride NDMC White-outs) on sale half-price. Just though that I'd report some good news from bigger companies that are often viewed as unknowledgeable and unfriendly customer service.

They're not all bad out there. Glad you had a good experience there. Makes you want to return

They're not all bad out there. Glad you had a good experience there. Makes you want to return

Yeah, I still probably wouldn't get an actual fitting from them if it wasn't free, but the guy was incredibly nice and knowledgeable. My "fitting" will probably be in a week or two.

Had the fitting today. At first I hit 2/3 balls bad off the heel, and one good one still of the heel. He bends it (IDK how much) and its amazing. No bad heel shots, and center ever time. All in about 15 minutes. And it only cost me $5 for the whole process with the lie adjustment. He also checked the loft to make sure it was spot on.

Had the fitting today. At first I hit 2/3 balls bad off the heel, and one good one still of the heel. He bends it (IDK how much) and its amazing. No bad heel shots, and center ever time. All in about 15 minutes. And it only cost me $5 for the whole process with the lie adjustment. He also checked the loft to make sure it was spot on.

That's fantastic TM. Sounds like you were treated right today. Now go and hit it better than ever.

Yeah, the guy is an actual PGA Professional fitter, did great work and was really nice. He was much nicer than I could've imagined and he made sure that I was fit to the best of my ability. I'll be going back when I need stuff done again.

I had a great experience at Dick's as well. They reshafted, gripped and adjusted all my irons (4-PW) and only charged me for 4 ($80). They were very easy to work with and did it very fast.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I wish the customer service was that nice at the Dicks Sporting Goods near here

Tappin like its my job

Yeah, this guy's new and much nicer than most of the other guys. He just moved up here

That's great! Hopefully he maintains that personality. The "head pro" we have at ours basically looks down his nose at you when you ask about equipment and such.

Tappin like its my job

Back