How much was your electricity bill this month?

Ole Gray

Mayor of the Woodshed
Reaction score
Handicap
Average
With the cold weather we have had in Georgia this month and the old heat pump system we have which is not energy efficient, my bill this month was:

$335.00 - Which is a record for me.

I am on a plan that equalizes my payment over 12 months so my bill is the same regardless of usage.

I pay $155.00 per month.

Thank god I have gas heat. Otherwise I would be up where you are Ole Gray plus another couple hundred. Haha.

I am on a plan that equalizes my payment over 12 months so my bill is the same regardless of usage.

I pay $155.00 per month.

Do you have gas heat?

Our provider, NYSEG, combines gas and electricity onto one bill. Our last bill was about $260.

Electric bill was $78 last month.

Our electric wasn't too much high, a little over $100 I think. But our gas was WAY high, also a little over $100. Probably about double what's normal during winter months.

I pay $155.00 per month.

Same here, $147 per month.....would have been $401.24 on my last bill.

Electric was only $100, gas was $25 but oh cr@p oil did the damage $240... I hate oil and we only have a 2 bedroom apt...

I'm extremely jealous of some of you guys.

My was just over $400 because of the unusually cold weather. I wonder if my electric company offers the equalized payments.

Gas budget $116.00 a month.

$270 actual usage for gas and electric. Amount due was $130 b/c of level payment plan.

Usage is much higher this year than last. Almost a dollar higher a day.

My electric bill was $124 last month. We heat with natural gas and that one was $187.

$140. Propane is the killer for me right now. Expecting it to cost me about $500 a month over the winter.

$94 on the budget plan

Gas and Electric $150. No fixed rate, just a small house. Usually runs $120.

My last electric bill was $90 and gas was like $50. But I also live in an apartment, so it's not really comparable to you guys.

$67 for gas+electric. 1000 sq ft. townhome with only one exterior wall helps. Programmable thermostat turns down gas heat when I'm gone. Electric heat sucks and is so inefficient.

I don't even know what a heat pump is.

Definitely too much. We run everything on electricity. We're apparently green with all the tax credits, but it stings when it gets this cold.

Ours based on usage was $240. Usage was a lot higher than anytime in the previous 12 months.

Ours went down from $175 in December to $146 last month, but this February is looking to be a very cold one.

EDIT: That ^ was for gas. All our heating (furnace, water heater, range, fireplace, dryer) is gas. Electricity is pretty level at ~$80/month during winter.

My last electric bill was 220, but I am trying to keep from filling my propane tank since propane has gone crazy on price. Looking at a thousand dollars or more just to half fill my tank at these rates.

Electric was 89. Gas bill hasn't came in yet and thats what I have. Should get that in the next day or two.

Back