Membership Fees and Green fees

Danville. Oddly enough we have a lot of courses for the population and income level here. IMO

Okay, out west-ish. I have family out near lynchberg, blacksburg, roanoke area. It is nice out there, never played golf out there though.

The last time I checked, which was about a year ago, here was the breakdown for the clubs closest to me:

#1 - Non equity CC, @17K initiation, total monthly fees (monthly + pro rated quarterly food & beverage) about $500ish
#2 - Equity CC, @30K initiation, total monthly fees (monthly + pro rated quarterly food & beverage) about $500ish
#3 - Equity CC, @5K initiation, total monthly fees (monthly + pro rated quarterly food & beverage) about $500ish
#4 - Non equity semi-private GOLF club, 2 courses, @12K initiation (with some creative sign-up/trial options), $325 per month dues, no food or drink requirement.

I think all of the above was for an individual membership. Family memberships kicked up the monthly dues.

#4 is extremely enticing from a golf perpsective. They rotate the courses on a bi-weekly basis, opening one to the public and restricting the others to members. Unfortunately it is the furthest from my house and the lack of convenience is a real problem...deal breaker so far, actually.

non-equity for $10k+???? Screw that. I'm in North Florida and recently joined a non-equity club (completely private though, apart from the occasional weekday afternoon fundraiser scramble). Granted, I am young enough to get in their "junior executive" level, but it's only about $100 or so difference. For my dues of $285, my family gets golf, tennis, 2 pools, dining access, and access to a bunch of other clubs around the country (200+ I believe, a lot of them in Atlanta, Texas, AZ, Cali, Vegas...all over really, but a bunch in those areas, as well as a decent number in Florida). I'm golfing in AZ next month at two very nice looking courses for a grand total of $95, and that's with paying $50 for loaner clubs at one of the facilities (most of the affiliates offer free loaners to affiliated members though)

There is a course by me that is consistently top 20 in the state that I really want to join. Their monthly membership is $215 for their "Young Executive Membership" for those age 40 and under. Maybe I can convince them to give me a "Young Entry-Level Membership" for a bit cheaper :act-up:

I am really thinking about joining but I need to get in contact with them on fees associated, contracts, amenities, etc.

Is it a ClubCorp affiliated club? I know there are a bunch out in Texas and that rate sounds about right compared to mine here in FL. Ours actually changed the young executive level from 40 to 35 recently, which essentially sealed the deal for me.

HOLY MOLY!!!!

Some of these prices make me feel really good and the public scheme I just signed up for!

£398 ($600) gets me unlimited play on 6 courses (4x18, 2x9), membership of a club (for comps and handicap), 10% off in local golf superstore and that price is for a year.

Limited facilities and never going to be immaculate courses but at this point in my golf "career", I'm really grateful for this scheme.

So if you live south it's an option to join for say November to march when you love down there then stop paying till November again the next year when you essentially rejoin, or would that require another initiation fee?

THPing on Tapatalk
No, most have a 1 year minimum, at least they do here.

non-equity for $10k+???? Screw that.
I know. And that (as well as the other prices) is the bad economy lower price. There's a reason my family and I are not members of a club. I keep seeing prices in other parts of the country and gnash my teeth over our prices.

$500 initial fee/bond and $687 a month +150 minimum ever 2 months and cart is $25. Has a pool and tennis courts. There are less expensive options like no weekend golf.

Clicgear 3.5 is coming very soon for me!

Is it a ClubCorp affiliated club? I know there are a bunch out in Texas and that rate sounds about right compared to mine here in FL. Ours actually changed the young executive level from 40 to 35 recently, which essentially sealed the deal for me.

I do not believe they are ClubCorp, but they are affiliated with another Club in Houston, so I'd be able to get round in on both courses (45 holes total). I'm only 24, so that would be the reason that I am really leaning towards joining the club. And maybe it'll motivate me to get out and play a little more.

I'm paying 48€ a month as student, but i guess my club doesn't qualify as private - you don't need to know a member to get on, guests may play for greenfee.

The clubs in my area are pretty consistent. Most will waive the initiation fee which is generally $10-$15K after which dues are $8K-$10K per year. That's in the midwest where we get six good months of golf and two miserable months.

Here in Ohio, I believe its anywhere from $7,000-$12,000 for a private club.

For Private clubs there are no lower priced ones around me. Been looking and would have to take out a second mortgage to pay for them. Saving my pennies for Jasna Polana though.

For Private clubs there are no lower priced ones around me. Been looking and would have to take out a second mortgage to pay for them. Saving my pennies for Jasna Polana though.

Pick one with a good guest policy ;)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Pick one with a good guest policy ;)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

HAHA, you know it!

Jasna is awesome.

Never played there but snuck on a couple years ago at night just to see what it was all about. Looked great. Once both my kids are out of daycare I am seriously considering joining there.

HAHA, you know it!

Never played there but snuck on a couple years ago at night just to see what it was all about. Looked great. Once both my kids are out of daycare I am seriously considering joining there.

If you're ever looking for someone to join you for a round once you join and also wouldn't mind a bottle of bourbon of your choice, let me know. It's a great course with an amazing clubhouse.

If you're ever looking for someone to join you for a round once you join and also wouldn't mind a bottle of bourbon of your choice, let me know. It's a great course with an amazing clubhouse.

For sure man! Its not for another 4 years though. But I'm counting down the days! Was looking at Forsgate but just wasn't impressed. Heard they lowered their initiation fee to under 4k though. Must be hurting.

Yeah I've heard a lot of clubs in the area reducing or dropping their initiation fees. I guess it's one of the best ways to attract new members.

I was looking at a few clubs last fall and one had a beverage minimum of $35 a month. So I asked if that included booze, of course not. I walked away right there. I don't think I go through $35 worth of non alcoholic drinks in a year, unless they were going to deliver jugs of milk to my house. Just seemed like a way to nickel and dime the members, even with no initation fee.

Yeah I've heard a lot of clubs in the area reducing or dropping their initiation fees. I guess it's one of the best ways to attract new members.

I was looking at a few clubs last fall and one had a beverage minimum of $35 a month. So I asked if that included booze, of course not. I walked away right there. I don't think I go through $35 worth of non alcoholic drinks in a year, unless they were going to deliver jugs of milk to my house. Just seemed like a way to nickel and dime the members, even with no initation fee.

That's crazy. I've never heard of that before. Soon they'll charge you for the bathroom.

That's crazy. I've never heard of that before. Soon they'll charge you for the bathroom.

Almost of the the places by me have $150/month minimum food and bev and none of them include alcohol. The end of the month is always funny. Everybody is trying pick up everybody else's food tab.

I agree and am generally turned off by clubs with odd minimums, etc. Just tell me how much you'll charge me, period, and I can figure out if that works for me.

The clubs in my area are pretty consistent. Most will waive the initiation fee which is generally $10-$15K after which dues are $8K-$10K per year. That's in the midwest where we get six good months of golf and two miserable months.

Wow, those dues seem really high given the length of the golf season. Makes $600-800/month here in So Cal look ok by comparison, as we can play year round just fine (although I rarely choose to play when it dips below 60!)

Yikes people!

I'm paying ~$800 a year. Part of which is initiation fee that will go away after 6y membership. Might be a small somewhat rural club, but nothing wrong with the course, and I get on well with the Pro.

Back