Cobra AMP CELL Irons Preview

Hit these at a demo day earlier today. Im pretty confident that these will be the ones for me. Even with the horrid swing I am employing these days I saw a more predictable result out of these than I did the pro and the forged. Ball flight was high and in the wind today it made it more exaggerated than it probably really was. I'm ready.
I haven't even hit one and I'm ready to sell my TaylorMade logo'd bag and R11s and just do it! I don't know if I can even wait to hit them at the Outing, if they'll even be there, then I might be heartbroken.

Hit these at a demo day earlier today. Im pretty confident that these will be the ones for me. Even with the horrid swing I am employing these days I saw a more predictable result out of these than I did the pro and the forged. Ball flight was high and in the wind today it made it more exaggerated than it probably really was. I'm ready.

Any idea what color you might roll with?

I haven't even hit one and I'm ready to sell my TaylorMade logo'd bag and R11s and just do it! I don't know if I can even wait to hit them at the Outing, if they'll even be there, then I might be heartbroken.

Im hoping I have mine by then. If I do you can take some cuts at the outing with them.

Any idea what color you might roll with?

Still thinking blue. But the orange looks good to me too. I just dont want to go silver. Give me some color

Color is the way to go. I am thinking blue or red but it may depend on the shaft. Did you get to mess around with shafts at all today or do you have one in mind already?

The one rep didn't seem interested in changing shafts and the next time I stopped by the booth was packed. I will probably ask for either kbs tour or px 5.5.

The one rep didn't seem interested in changing shafts and the next time I stopped by the booth was packed. I will probably ask for either kbs tour or px 5.5.

That stinks Dean. Didn't they know who you were?

Told them I was a big deal. They reminded me I lost to you and shot me down.

They just don't understand how big a deal I am!

I am really looking forward to getting these in the bag. I think I will get a few more GIR's which will help lower my scores. The added distance will also be a boost to the old ego. The only choice I still need to work out is the color.

Good to hear my man. Added yards is never a bad thing!

Good to hear my man. Added yards is never a bad thing!

Thanks buddy. This will be my first time gaming what Cobra calls "Game Enjoyment Irons" and I really think it will help change my game for the better.

Thanks buddy. This will be my first time gaming what Cobra calls "Game Enjoyment Irons" and I really think it will help change my game for the better.

I love that name. Really fits Cobra.

i am really looking forward to getting these in the bag. I think i will get a few more gir's which will help lower my scores. The added distance will also be a boost to the old ego. The only choice i still need to work out is the color.
red all the way!!!

I went red in driver fairway woods an hybrid but liked the look of the silver irons much better than the colors.

Greetings. Just got back into golf last year and noticed that my game had deteriorated a tad (probably a lot to due with me nearing my silver years). Decided to see if my Cleveland hybrid irons were still working for me, so I went to get analyzed. Hit my clubs, followed by: Amp Cell, XHot, JPX-825, Superlines, G25, Rocketbladez and Nike VR-S.

Best suited irons for me, according to analysis, were the Amp Cells and XHots. Worst were the Rockets and the VRS. The Amp Cell and XHot figures were nearly identical, with the Cobra's having the edge in distance and consistency and the Callaway's having the edge in L-R accuracy and feel. After some internal debate, I bought and got fitted with the Amp Cells - in silver of course.

I went red in driver fairway woods an hybrid but liked the look of the silver irons much better than the colors.

I think I'm with you, I can handle colors on the driver, any one will do, really, they're all awesome. I think the colors on the irons look a bit weird, though. I like the irons to be a little more understated, I guess.

I really hope I get to try these out soon with the Project X Flighted 95 or the Nippon 950.

I'm just about ready to update the sig and add these to the bag. When I hit them side by side at the range with along with the Pro and the Forged they were certainly the winner for me. Yes the sole was thicker and the topline a little more substantial than the other 2, but neither of those things bothered me one bit. Give me a chance to change the shaft as I prefer something that weighs a little more, but I'm ready. I actually think these could bring a lot more fun and enjoyment to the game for me. Something I haven't had in a couple years since I had the Razr X irons. I loved having the extra distance with those and the ability to miss on the club face and still get decent results. I imagine these will be the same way for me. Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy my current irons, but there are days when I just want to go out there and not think, not worry, and not go through a check list of swing thoughts. I want to just hammer some clubs and have a good time doing so.

I'm just about ready to update the sig and add these to the bag. When I hit them side by side at the range with along with the Pro and the Forged they were certainly the winner for me. Yes the sole was thicker and the topline a little more substantial than the other 2, but neither of those things bothered me one bit. Give me a chance to change the shaft as I prefer something that weighs a little more, but I'm ready. I actually think these could bring a lot more fun and enjoyment to the game for me. Something I haven't had in a couple years since I had the Razr X irons. I loved having the extra distance with those and the ability to miss on the club face and still get decent results. I imagine these will be the same way for me. Don't get me wrong, I really do enjoy my current irons, but there are days when I just want to go out there and not think, not worry, and not go through a check list of swing thoughts. I want to just hammer some clubs and have a good time doing so.

This echos my thoughts almost exactly.

I hear ya chluckin big chicken!!!

I'm thinking the exact same way, the help on the miss hits and the peace of mind you get from having clubs you know are going to help makes the game a lot more fun!

I like it, welcome to the world of easier golf. :)

No one going with the Baffler hybrids though? C'mon guys!! :alien:

I hear ya chluckin big chicken!!!

I'm thinking the exact same way, the help on the miss hits and the peace of mind you get from having clubs you know are going to help makes the game a lot more fun!

I just know that the pro irons would cause more frustration than joy for me. Personal preference of course, but Id like to get a set that might help me enjoy the game more.

I like it, welcome to the world of easier golf. :)

No one going with the Baffler hybrids though? C'mon guys!! :alien:

I think you should talk frogger into them.

I think you should talk frogger into them.

I tried. :banghead:

I do look forward to hitting the Bafflers head to head against my beloved Altitudes at demo day.

I tried. :banghead:

I do look forward to hitting the Bafflers head to head against my beloved Altitudes at demo day.

they were fun to hit at the AC tour stop, I'll give them that

Back