The Subaru thread

Does anybody know a decent place other than craigslist to look for body parts?

2010 impreza for me, got it In February with only 9,800 miles. I love it, looking forward to taking it up to some snow soon.

Here's mine on the right;

IMG_2721-1.jpg

'93 model, first of the WRX's.
It's been in my family since '97 and I've been using it since about '06/07.

So much fun.

Got the new wheels on about a month ago. Looks pretty good, imo.
u6azede7.jpg

Can't really tell in the pics but i blacked out the grill on my car and it looks sweet!
Before:
tavu4epe.jpg

after:
2uby7aje.jpg

Can't tell a difference to be honest. Must just be the picture.

It looks a bit cleaner jack.

Just speaking on subaru, they seem to design really boring looking cars, and really busy cars, nothing in between anymore.

It looks a bit cleaner jack.

Just speaking on subaru, they seem to design really boring looking cars, and really busy cars, nothing in between anymore.

Honestly that's exactly what i thought about mine for the last year or so- it can be ugly because it's a grandma car. But just recently i've started seeing it at different angles, and it looks pretty sweet with the stance it takes with those new bigger wider tires. It's a sweet looking car if you can see past the ugly :alien:

Honestly that's exactly what i thought about mine for the last year or so- it can be ugly because it's a grandma car. But just recently i've started seeing it at different angles, and it looks pretty sweet with the stance it takes with those new bigger wider tires. It's a sweet looking car if you can see past the ugly :alien:

As long as you like it, thats all the matters dude. And as long as it gets you from point A to point B!

I was speaking more towards the new ones bud. Subie made some nice looking cars once upon a time. A wagon is rarely a great looking vehicle, but your car looks nice for what it is man. I hope you are having fun with it.

I was speaking more towards the new ones bud. Subie made some nice looking cars once upon a time. A wagon is rarely a great looking vehicle, but your car looks nice for what it is man. I hope you are having fun with it.

Yeah i dont think they ever made great looking cars...
I love my car man, & i am having fun with it. Or at least however much fun my dad will let me have...

I like my 2010 Outback. Love the look, the comfort and everything else about it! 2010 was the first year of the new body style. Less wagony, more of an SUV look. But I liked the wagon look on the older Outbacks too.

A lot of us older Outback drivers don't care for the new SUV look, but after seeing the huge squared-off maw of a trunk opening, I'm reconsidering.

I like my 2010 Outback. Love the look, the comfort and everything else about it! 2010 was the first year of the new body style. Less wagony, more of an SUV look. But I liked the wagon look on the older Outbacks too.

does anybody know anything about getting windows tinted? that's the next thing I'm doing to my wagon..

Don't do it yourself. That's what I know. Haven't ever done it, but I've seen the results.

does anybody know anything about getting windows tinted? that's the next thing I'm doing to my wagon..

Just about any body shop or window repair place will offer it. Read some local reviews though, its not as easy as it looks and some places do a horrible job.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

So as I enter 2014, I am starting to look for a new car. Been driving a 2005 Baja for the last 10 years and it is definitely on its way out.

Going to take a hard look at the new Forrester or the Crosstrek..

But I have to admit, when the time comes - going to miss my Baja.

So as I enter 2014, I am starting to look for a new car. Been driving a 2005 Baja for the last 10 years and it is definitely on its way out.

Going to take a hard look at the new Forrester or the Crosstrek..

But I have to admit, when the time comes - going to miss my Baja.
I love when I see a Baja driving around. Not too many of them, but I see one every couple of weeks. You should keep the Baja if you can!

I love when I see a Baja driving around. Not too many of them, but I see one every couple of weeks. You should keep the Baja if you can!

Would love to but it is starting to burn oil and I am not sure there is a lot I can do with that. I was disappointed they decided to stop making them - hopefully they bring them back in the future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Would love to but it is starting to burn oil and I am not sure there is a lot I can do with that. I was disappointed they decided to stop making them - hopefully they bring them back in the future.

I would much rather they start making a truck truck. Maybe something on the Tribeca frame, since they are discontinuing it anyway. So something the size of a Ranger or similar.

Smalls how many miles on your 10?

About 130,000

Oops.. Thought that was directed towards me.

50,531. Just checked! Had 6,900 when I bought it in November of 2010.

Be interested to see what happens when you get up around 100k.

I thought Subaru had their head gasket issues figured out but I have done 3 sets in the past 3 weeks all on outbacks with damn near 100k on the dot.

I would much rather they start making a truck truck. Maybe something on the Tribeca frame, since they are discontinuing it anyway. So something the size of a Ranger or similar.

I have always wondered why they have never really ventured in the truck market.

Back