Cobra AMP CELL Driver & AMP CELL Pro Driver Preview

That is a sweet looking driver Icey!

Does any one else feel like the stock regular flex Fuel shaft plays a little softer than an R should play? I have the stock RIP R flex in my 10.5° AMP, and recently traded a bunch of clubs in on a silver AMP Cell (only ~ $20 difference!!). I hit the old AMP pretty much straight to a baby fade, nice trajectory, and average between 240 and 250 total. With the Cell (at 9.5°D), I am hitting it much higher than the old AMP, and fading it pretty hard too. It certainly feels softer then the RIP in the old AMP. (Old, don't know what else to call it lol). My last round I bagged both drivers, and hit tee shots with both. It certainly did not seem to be the swing, because I was nutting the old club every time, and fading the Cell real hard every time.

I picked up a new stiff flex Fuel that was a pull off of eBay cheap, and a new adapter, so I'm going to play around with shafts and see what happened. I'm really hoping to make it work like the old AMP, because these clubs look amazing!

OK, got the new adapter glued to the stiff shaft that I got off eBay. That was the ticket. This club is NUTS!!! Haven't played a round with it yet, but a small bucket on the range has proven VERY favorable. :D

First range session with the amp cell was promising. Tees they had were either too short or too tall for the cell (tall one was perfect for the classic) but I just dealt with the short one as I didn't want to put any dummy marks on it first time out. Think I need to dial it back down to 9.5 as it was ballooning a bit in the wind. Good shots were just a bit short of the classic but my misses were much more forgiving. If I can get the loft dialed in I think this could be a winner. Should have some more feedback after my round this weekend. Most likely gonna give the cell the whole round and see how it shakes out.

Anyone know off the top of their head if shaft upgrade costs are lower on the Pro head?

Anyone know off the top of their head if shaft upgrade costs are lower on the Pro head?

I know with other OEMs, shaft upgrades are the same cost

I know with other OEMs, shaft upgrades are the same cost

Thanks Freddie.

Find it odd that companies say that their pro versions generally costs more because of stuff like a more expensive stock shaft, but yet upgrades costs the same.

i'm loving the look of that driver Kyle.

the grip to shaft to head to headcover colors blend together perfectly. excellent choices sir.

I like it !!!

First range session with the amp cell was promising. Tees they had were either too short or too tall for the cell (tall one was perfect for the classic) but I just dealt with the short one as I didn't want to put any dummy marks on it first time out. Think I need to dial it back down to 9.5 as it was ballooning a bit in the wind. Good shots were just a bit short of the classic but my misses were much more forgiving. If I can get the loft dialed in I think this could be a winner. Should have some more feedback after my round this weekend. Most likely gonna give the cell the whole round and see how it shakes out.

Nice thoughts! I love that the misses were more manageable. Really great to hear.

I can't wait to hear how you like that shaft combo Icey. Really can't wait till you hit that thing.

Nice thoughts! I love that the misses were more manageable. Really great to hear.

So did I. I love my Classic still, but seems I have developed a little more of a lateral miss which totally threw my swing off. When you hit it pure the Classic is long, but my misses lately have been pretty penalizing. I definitely hit some fades with the Cell that weren't intentional yesterday, but really had to try to slice it off the planet. Also, and I have no idea why, I seemed to find the middle of the face on the Cell more yesterday than the Classic. May be honeymoon, but I'm gonna roll with it for now. Even if it's not quite as long (though I'm sure it will be), I'm committed to trying to play from the fairways this year. I think this driver could definitely help me with that. Can't wait to put it in play this weekend.

I'm seeing a lot of love and orders for the Cell Amp, but is there anyone hitting / ordering the Pro version?

I'd love to hear some thoughts/experiences/expectations on it!

I love this driver.

30 mph winds were no match. 11 out of 14 fairways and fantastic distance.

Tapped out on my EVO 4G LTE

I love this driver.

30 mph winds were no match. 11 out of 14 fairways and fantastic distance.

That's awesome to hear. Did you change loft at all cuz of wind?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Im looking at swapping the fubuki out for an Excalibur tour 6+ S-flex. What do you guys think about this combo?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1367615862690.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367615862690.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367615874539.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367615874539.jpg
    3.7 KB · Views: 0
  • uploadfromtaptalk1367615884057.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1367615884057.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 0
Ooooooooo I like that blue.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

Im looking at swapping the fubuki out for an Excalibur tour 6+ S-flex. What do you guys think about this combo?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
Looks like a sweet blue combo!

That's awesome to hear. Did you change loft at all cuz of wind?

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Nope, stuck with 10.5. Ball wasn't going anywhere into the wind no matter what loft it was set at. Was getting such fantastic ball flight though. It was to the point where it was damn near automatic off the tee today

Cobra is jockeying with PING in my 2013 club pondering season. This driver is the reason why. I have to admit that I thought it was really ugly at first, but after seeing it several times in person and reading up on it a bit, it's really starting to grow on me.

DSC04627_zpsf4e64d00.jpg

DSC04630_zpsf4581a83.jpg

DSC04632_zps1d926e10.jpg

DSC04634_zps73af4848.jpg

DSC04633_zps4f259f20.jpg

DSC04635_zps20a2e660.jpg

DSC04636_zps2114f8cc.jpg

DSC04638_zps48871664.jpg

DSC04637_zps39b2b7cf.jpg

DSC04631_zps71a11a6e.jpg

Just got back from a photo session with my new Cobra Amp Cell Pro. I'm in love with this Driver!

I went with a Medium Multi Compound Grip and the RIP Beta White Shaft.

image-1_zps8c17296f.jpg

image-1_zpsbfb88044.jpg

I think that is the first Cell Pro I have seen in Blue. Looks amazing with the white shaft.

joining in on the fun....

this is one great looking driver:
DSC00998.JPG

DSC01001.JPG

the headcover and some beautiful ladies:
DSC01006.JPG

in case you were wondering how to hit your new driver......
DSC01009.JPG

Good looking group you got there TyNo. What shaft did you end up with?

Back