Has your Putting improved (stats) with SeeMore?

LordByron

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been lurking hard core since making an appointment with a silver cert. SeeMore fitter. THP has been a great source of information, along with the SeeMore site and SPI. I am wondering what kind of statistical improvement people have seen in their putting after making the switch. I anticipate the system helping me. Eliminating setup variables in my iron play has helped me greatly and after reading about SeeMore it seemed like a logical choice.

My interactions with SeeMore to this point have been awesome. My initial inquiry was responded to by one of the owners of the company. The offered to send z series putters to my fitter before they were released if my fitter would have taken place at that time. I know its now secret, but I work in a service industry and have crazy high standards for CS and SeeMore has been crazy good!

All that being said I have also seen SeeMore's in used bins and on BST boards so realistically...doesn't work for everyone.

However I am excited about committing to the system (which makes total sense to me)....working hard to get better....oh yeah and getting a pretty new toy!

Tell me how you improved....or didn't.

Any fitting advice from SeeMore veterans, good questions to ask, things like that would also be appreciated! thanks!
Byron

i've seen a lot of improvement from my SPI instruction from last year. it changed the way i was putting a few different ways.... posture, grip, and stroke being the big 3 right off the top. i would say i've saved 2-3 strokes a round easily i could look back and figure it out. but i don't go over 32 putts often and usually am closer to 30 or under most of the time. and putting was by far the worst part of my game for a very long time.

i think the seemores you see for sale are people that dont understand the system more than anything or aren't following it. and like you said i'm sure there are people it just doesn't work for. but if you put the time in and work at it i bet you see results and your putting improves.

Good Luck on your putting journey. SeeMore and the SPI are a great putter and system.

My putting has definitely improved.

Since taking my SPi putting lesson, I've had two rounds in the low 80's when I hadn't broken 90 in probably 20 years. That doesn't happen without better putting.

I don't track my putting stats terribly closely, but I can tell you my putts per round are going down, and more significantly, my putts per GIR.

Now, is there anything absolutely magic about SPi? No. They teach you to make a good putting stroke. Your putting would improve no matter what type of putter you were using. However, when you combine that instruction with the confidence that RST gives you, that's when things take an extra leap that may not be possible with all putter brands.

Like Buckjob, I suspect the SeeMores in the used bin are people who bought it thinking just owning it would magically make them a great putter.

I'm right there with Buckjob. I have averaged saving 3 strokes per round since I received my SeeMore Si3 as a tester for THP well over a year ago. I really like that once you get used to using a SeeMore if becomes second nature. The RST (rifle scope technology) they created has removed a lot of variables for me when putting and now I am a much more confident putter.

I still pick up drivers and other clubs in golf shops from time to time but I always walk past the putters as I know that my Si3 is the putter for me.

All that being said I have also seen SeeMore's in used bins and on BST boards so realistically...doesn't work for everyone.

My impression is those putters are there because some people move on to a different SeeMore putter and some people ultimately don't like the more methodical approach to putting you get by combining SeeMore putters with SPI (some people are just more comfortable in the realm of putting = feel; SPI may never be a natural home for them).

I have not taken SPI lessons but instead read materials from the website and followed along with the testing threads, incorporating SPI techniques as best I could on my own. I have tried two different SeeMores. When I was using the M3 results were more closely tied to the amount of practice I put in and how well I executed the techniques. Somehow the dynamic is different with the belly putter for me. My putting is definitely better. Previously I may have been in the 34-36 range. Lately I have been in the 32-33 range with what appears to be increasing possibilities of breaking 30.

Thank you guys for all the replies!

I don't expect this to be a magic bullet...but looking forward to having a consistent set up. I have never felt comfortable on the greens for more than 9 holes at a time. I will be moving over from an odyssey #8, with which I used a life line forward press grip. I am hoping that consistency will help me feel more comfortable behind the flat stick!

I am a little concerned with lag putting, as I have read this has been an issue with some when switching to SeeMore.

It has certainly helped, especially in the confidence department, I'm much more comfortable over a putt than nervous, which is huge!

I used a SBST stroke prior to purchasing my first SeeMore and was fairly decent at it. The biggest problem was the lack of consistency in the stroke. With my SeeMore I am "locked in" to a gentle arc that is consistent each and every time. Sorry, I don't have stats but I rarely 3 putt (I did 4 putt from inside 6 feet on a downhill green recently). Now don't get me wrong just because I normally 1-2 putt doesn't mean I don't card a snowman with the best of them. It is just that my putting has become much more consistent since I have started following the SeeMore method.

I can't say that I've see a drop in total strokes with the SeeMore. But what I can say is that consistency improved. Pencil in 32 putts. Maybe more or less but I've stopped seeing big differences in putts per round. Which helps to game plan practices and areas to improve.

I noticed it helped me last year.

Just got out this year and had 22 putts on 8 holes (1 chip in on the 9th) :beat-up:

Hopefully this is just first round problems and things will be back to normal soon

Yes. I dont keep putting stats, but both visibly and my index has gone down since switching.

I went from a 2.1 avg to a 1.8 avg after changing to the SeeMore. I could do much better if I could read greens, especially with judging and controlling the speed. I've always struggled with speed on fast greens, but it's getting better.

I keep my stats and yes, my strokes and game have improved. I had a bunch more rounds under 30 the first year and almost doubled that the following year. I have never been lucky enough to get an SPI lesson, but SeeMore gave me everything I needed from the fitting to lessons over the internet and phone.

I think it is something you have to commit to. Your strokes won't come off immediately and it is a lot of work. That's why the seemore didn't work for me. I couldn't put in enough time to reap the benefits.

Trying to get comfortable with Pat O'Brien grip, posture, SeeMore method in preperation for my fitting seemed like an up hill battle with my oddysey #8. Noticed the similarity the m6 has to the Plop......I work at a retirement community and there was a Plop sitting in our basement, I was told it was up for grabs and am currently ploppin it up on the carpet at my home.

I have to say whole heartedly, YES. I broke out my old putter Sunday for the first time since I received my m1. I used it again today in league. And I can say honest say, YES. My putting is definitely better with the seemore in my hand. The distance is not the problem, but the aim. I have much better aim with the Seemore.

I think it is something you have to commit to. Your strokes won't come off immediately and it is a lot of work. That's why the seemore didn't work for me. I couldn't put in enough time to reap the benefits.

I'm not sure to what you refer.

Unless there's something special which I have not been shown, SPi teachings are about posture, alignment, ball position, and a solid connected stroke.

Regardless of your putter brand, these are things on which you're going to concentrate if you want to become a better putter. So I'm not sure how a SeeMore takes more time than any other brand of putter.

It's certainly true that working hard to become a better putter takes more time and effort than just putting however you want, but again, that's independent of putter brand.

My putting got substantially better when I really committed to the work last year. I went from 34-36 putts down to 30-32 by the end of the season.

I saw a five stroke decrease when I adopted the SPI methodology. I'm back on the technique and 30 minutes a day rolling the rock using the SPI method.

The biggest difference I noticed was with lag putting. Instead of a 6-8 foot second putt they are usually within 4 feet now.

SPi teachings are about posture, alignment, ball position, and a solid connected stroke. Regardless of your putter brand, these are things on which you're going to concentrate if you want to become a better putter. So I'm not sure how a SeeMore takes more time than any other brand of putter.
Stand upright. Ball position is specific and important. No forward press. Rock the shoulders. Grip. etc.

This makes it different from what most people do, which frankly I think is to approach the ball in way that seems comfortable and rely on feel as the primary guide for their stroke (watch a practice green and see all the different stances; see how often people buy new putters because it feels good, etc.). I actually think SPI is one of the biggest changes in golf - going from a core system based on what feels naturally normally / right to a system that asks you to do certain specific things.

I agree on the technique aspect of it. I think if you adopt their concept on posture, grip, ball position, etc. that you will see improvements regardless of the putter brand you use. For me the biggest adjustment was getting the club more in the fingers instead of the palms and standing more upright. It took many rep's to get comfortable so that now that putting style feels natural. I think that some people won't give it enough time and reps to get comfortable with the changes and will go back to "their" style.

The biggest difference I noticed was with lag putting. Instead of a 6-8 foot second putt they are usually within 4 feet now.

Is this due to better aim for the most part? Or is your distance control better than is was in the past?

I feel like with the consistent SPI set up I have been practicing for the last week I roll the ball where I was aimed much more consistently. Distance control is still a work in progress, nothing horrible just leaving more 3-4 footers from long range right now but the lines are really good.

Is this due to better aim for the most part? Or is your distance control better than is was in the past?

I feel like with the consistent SPI set up I have been practicing for the last week I roll the ball where I was aimed much more consistently. Distance control is still a work in progress, nothing horrible just leaving more 3-4 footers from long range right now but the lines are really good.

For me, it's aim. Using that Seemore Triangulator was an eye opener. Most golfers are set-up right of the hole and think they are square. I was setting up aimed about 9" right of the hole. Don't know how I made putts. After using it I had to get comfortable with what actually was being aimed at the hole, but now the putts are much closer from distance.

I have been lurking hard core since making an appointment with a silver cert. SeeMore fitter. THP has been a great source of information, along with the SeeMore site and SPI. I am wondering what kind of statistical improvement people have seen in their putting after making the switch. I anticipate the system helping me. Eliminating setup variables in my iron play has helped me greatly and after reading about SeeMore it seemed like a logical choice.

My interactions with SeeMore to this point have been awesome. My initial inquiry was responded to by one of the owners of the company. The offered to send z series putters to my fitter before they were released if my fitter would have taken place at that time. I know its now secret, but I work in a service industry and have crazy high standards for CS and SeeMore has been crazy good!

However I am excited about committing to the system (which makes total sense to me)....working hard to get better....oh yeah and getting a pretty new toy!

Tell me how you improved....or didn't.

Any fitting advice from SeeMore veterans, good questions to ask, things like that would also be appreciated! thanks!
Byron

I think the SeeMore putting method is a commitment more-so than a novelty. The reason you see some popping up in used bins and on the Bay is due to A. Lack of instruction/understanding/application or B. Upgrading to a new putter (SeeMore or otherwise).

You have to drink the Kool-aid if you're going to be successful with their system. That means changing your setup, posture, ball position, etc. Personally since I've switched, it's shaved 3-5 strokes off my scores. The biggest difference (and the reason I switched, incidentally) is my 5-10 foot range makes. Before I was 50/50 at best. Now I'm over 80% and that saves rounds. This putting method gives you the positive instant feedback to KNOW you are aligned correctly and make a confident stroke. And that is what putting is all about, CONFIDENCE.

The only part of their instruction I have not been able to put into play is the grip. To me, it is very uncomfortable and awkward. I understand why they want you to do it this way but I just can't subscribe to it. Putting mechanics are great and all but I've gotta feel that putter to get the ball started on line with the correct speed.

As far as your fitting goes, have fun and don't go into it with preconceived ideas, have an open mind. The method works, plain and simple. It's up to you to trust it and apply it. GOOD LUCK!!

Back