Squiddy

The Game
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey Guy's, I need the nations advice, I'm currently using a 2012 Scotty Del Mar, I had 20 gram weights installed by Scotty Cameron.
I have always enjoyed a heavier putter as it tends to keep me less handsy and my Stroke is much smoother.
Year's ago I used a heavy putter and from inside 10 feet it was Light's out but anything past that I could never zero in on the distances.
I have heard good thing's about Boccieri golf grips, Has anyone had any success or other wise with them, I'm trying to find a Happy medium.

Last edited:
I haven't had any experience with the Boccieri's, are those the ones you are zeroed in on? Or are you open to others?

Hey Guy's, I need the nations advice, I'm currently using a 2012 Scotty Del Mar, I had 20 gram weights installed by Scotty Cameron.
I have always enjoyed a heavier putter as it tends to keep me less handsy and my Stroke is much smoother.
Year's ago I used a heavy putter and from inside 10 feet it was Light's out but anything past that I could never zero in on the distances.
I have heard good thing's about Boccieri golf grips, Has anyone had any success or other wise with them, I'm trying to find a Happy medium.

Here's my home page review.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/?p=20633

They were OK. The biggest thing for me was that a light headed putter didn't take well to the added weight. I liked it with a slightly longer, heavier headed putter.

Never used a Boccieri grip before. What I can recommend based on the few putter grips I used is the Winn JumboLite. Fat pistol grip that is light enough to give very little additional weight to the top of the putter.

Last edited:
I haven't had any experience with the Boccieri's, are those the ones you are zeroed in on? Or are you open to others?

1 thing I have learned when it pertains to golf is ALWAYS keep your mind open to new and old ideas, By all means DC PLEEEEEASE enlighten me sir

Never used a Boccieri grip before. What I can recommend based on the few putter grips I used is the Winn JumboLite. Fat pistol grip that is light enough to give very additional weight to the top of the putter.

I have seen those in Golf Galaxy here locally, I will do some research and check those out....Thank you very much.

1 thing I have learned when it pertains to golf is ALWAYS keep your mind open to new and old ideas, By all means DC PLEEEEEASE enlighten me sir

Lol! I am partial to the Lampkin's. Good material, doesn't get to slippery in the humidity (northern golfer) and comes back to life nicely with a quick wipe down with gripes.

They were OK. The biggest thing for me was that a light headed putter didn't take well to the added weight. I liked it with a slightly longer, heavier headed putter.

Thanks Hawk, I found out a long time ago You can go to any store or Pro shop and roll as many putters as you can handle but when it comes to Grips it a buy and try deal,
And now days grips run anywhere from 5 bucks to 40 and finding the right one can set you back which is why I counting on the Hacker Nation to give me some in site.

Lol! I am partial to the Lampkin's. Good material, doesn't get to slippery in the humidity (northern golfer) and comes back to life nicely with a quick wipe down with gripes.

DC thanks for the input, I know the Lampkin name quite well and have used their grips on my irons before, I know their Iron grips are quality, To be honest with you I had forgotten all about them, Slipped my mind completely..They are deffinately worth a Look, Thanks again DC

Some Grip advice

DC thanks for the input, I know the Lampkin name quite well and have used their grips on my irons before, I know their Iron grips are quality, To be honest with you I had forgotten all about them, Slipped my mind completely..They are deffinately worth a Look, Thanks again DC

No problem dude! Let us know what you end up getting.

Lol at me adding a "p" in Lamkin. Amateur hour over here. Sheesh.

I use a Boccieri B-3m heavy putter with their standard grips and as someone who has alway needed a little extra weighting, I find them extra comfortable in my hands and seem to get a very smooth strong stroke with very little effort.

No problem dude! Let us know what you end up getting.

Lol at me adding a "p" in Lamkin. Amateur hour over here. Sheesh.

Apparently you must not have seen my spelling, LOL, Thanks for sharing

I use a Boccieri B-3m heavy putter with their standard grips and as someone who has alway needed a little extra weighting, I find them extra comfortable in my hands and seem to get a very smooth strong stroke with very little effort.

Thanks Shantzman, sounds like you and I have a similar desire for the extra weight in the putter,Again Thanks for the input .

I have used the Boccieri grips on my 7 iron and Driver in the past. I haven't tried their putter grips. I am using a SuperStroke 3.0 and have seen better consistency with my putting stroke.

Thanks Shantzman, sounds like you and I have a similar desire for the extra weight in the putter,Again Thanks for the input .

Not a a problem, I switched to the Heavy Putter because I was having a serious under swing and a severe case of the yips. Switched to the B-3M with a 42 inch grip (not a belly putter for but I need to shave two inches off) and it took care of all that.

I have used the Boccieri grips on my 7 iron and Driver in the past. I haven't tried their putter grips. I am using a SuperStroke 3.0 and have seen better consistency with my putting stroke.

You Hit the nail on the head CONSISTENCY, People will always say that Confidence is the key, But to me how can you have confidence if you are not Consistent..???
Knowing what to expect and then being able to duplicate it repeatedly will provide the Confidence that people crave.
Super stroke seems to be everywhere these days, They are on every tour and are winning...Thanks for the input and another idea to take under consideration.

You Hit the nail on the head CONSISTENCY, People will always say that Confidence is the key, But to me how can you have confidence if you are not Consistent..???
Knowing what to expect and then being able to duplicate it repeatedly will provide the Confidence that people crave.
Super stroke seems to be everywhere these days, They are on every tour and are winning...Thanks for the input and another idea to take under consideration.

Prior to going to a SuperStroke I had too much wrist and hand movements. Went out on a whim and threw in the 3.0 and BAM!!! With Consistency comes confidence!

I think finding out which size works for you will be key. Most of the golf stores carry various sizes and just finding what fits you will work.

Good luck and let me know what you end up going with.

How does the 3.0 feel as far as the thickness. I use the Ping Gold grips on my G25s so I do have overaverage hands, and that might be a solution for my old Ping Anser

Prior to going to a SuperStroke I had too much wrist and hand movements. Went out on a whim and threw in the 3.0 and BAM!!! With Consistency comes confidence!

I think finding out which size works for you will be key. Most of the golf stores carry various sizes and just finding what fits you will work.

Good luck and let me know what you end up going with.

I certainly will let you guys know what I go with and again thanks for taking the time to share

Great review Hawk, Very nice , in depth and an easy read, I would have a tendency to agree that I as well think that it would work better with the heavier head to balance it out.

How does the 3.0 feel as far as the thickness. I use the Ping Gold grips on my G25s so I do have overaverage hands, and that might be a solution for my old Ping Anser

I used mid size grips on my clubs. The 3.0 works for me. I felt that the Fatso was just to big for me. IMO you may want to look at that size if your have over average hand size.

I used mid size grips on my clubs. The 3.0 works for me. I felt that the Fatso was just to big for me. IMO you may want to look at that size if your have over average hand size.

I have what you may call tweenier hands, I use a Mid sized grip with extra tape on my Driver, 3 wood and 4-W, I use Jumbo on my wedges, always have, seems i have more control on my wedges and can work them easier, And for some strange reason I use a Jumbo on my Hybrid, Again a control issue...But then again I'm weird that way,
Thanks for the additional input

Thanks Hawk, I found out a long time ago You can go to any store or Pro shop and roll as many putters as you can handle but when it comes to Grips it a buy and try deal,
And now days grips run anywhere from 5 bucks to 40 and finding the right one can set you back which is why I counting on the Hacker Nation to give me some in site.

Great review Hawk, Very nice , in depth and an easy read, I would have a tendency to agree that I as well think that it would work better with the heavier head to balance it out.

No problem. I played with it for a while last year, but I'm just not a counterbalanced/heavy putter guy, so went back to my normal set up. If it's your thing I think it's a pretty cheap experiment, at least opposed to buying a new putter. Easy install as well.

Back