Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was skimming the pros bags on PING and saw something that kind of made me say WHAT! Anybody ever looked at the specs on Bubba Watson's irons? PING states on their site that they are bent 10* open... Can you even do that? And if so then holy smokes does that guy turn it over hard!!!

Going off memory and that is always troublesome, but I believe that I've always read it is something about his grips

Going off memory and that is always troublesome, but I believe that I've always read it is something about his grips

I believe he has some ridiculous amount of wraps under his grips making them more like a baseball bat than golf club. He has some funky things going on with his setup that is for sure.

I believe he has some ridiculous amount of wraps under his grips making them more like a baseball bat than golf club. He has some funky things going on with his setup that is for sure.

8 or 10 if I recall.

Again, going off memory but I think he also has grip installed weirdly. I know he uses a ribbed grip as I like them as well. Normally they are installed in the 6 o'clock postion. I think he has his cranked open to 8 which would make his club look very open at address.

It made me really happy that my dad came to me and asked about it all and for advice. He's always been extremely proud of my reviews and such, but its the first time he's asked for my thoughts/input. Very cool day for me.

I'm a little late on this one, but I love doing that for my dad. I've basically given him advice over the past 3 years, we've replaced everything in his bag except for his hybrids. He replaced his putter on his own and went to a jumbo grip on that (couldn't believe he experimented with it!), but I've had input in his driver, fairway wood, irons, and wedges. I got him 588 wedges for his birthday last year, the first shot he hit with the 58 degree wedge was a pitch shot from about 20 yards off of the green that he hit to about 2 feet away from the hole. The smile on his face was something I'll always remember.

I'm a little late on this one, but I love doing that for my dad. I've basically given him advice over the past 3 years, we've replaced everything in his bag except for his hybrids. He replaced his putter on his own and went to a jumbo grip on that (couldn't believe he experimented with it!), but I've had input in his driver, fairway wood, irons, and wedges. I got him 588 wedges for his birthday last year, the first shot he hit with the 58 degree wedge was a pitch shot from about 20 yards off of the green that he hit to about 2 feet away from the hole. The smile on his face was something I'll always remember.

My dad got a driver fitting a while ago at my behest, I'm trying to get him to replace his 20 year old Big Bertha irons, have made some progress but it hasn't happened yet.

My dad got a driver fitting a while ago at my behest, I'm trying to get him to replace his 20 year old Big Bertha irons, have made some progress but it hasn't happened yet.

Up until about 2 years ago, my dad was playing Mizuno irons with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts in them! He really liked them because he had been using them for about 5 years, but I finally coaxed him out of those irons. I got him into Burner 2.0 irons and he got used to the lighter shafts, gained about 15 yards over his old irons.

Up until about 2 years ago, my dad was playing Mizuno irons with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts in them! He really liked them because he had been using them for about 5 years, but I finally coaxed him out of those irons. I got him into Burner 2.0 irons and he got used to the lighter shafts, gained about 15 yards over his old irons.

My dad complains about his lack of distance with his irons, but continues to play his old sticks. He did buy a set of A4r's a couple years ago, but that didn't work out so well.

Hey guys I'm pondering going back to my mid size grip. After I purchased my driver, I handed the guy at Dick's a mid sized tour velvet grip to replace the standard (too little for my hands), and found out it was the Jumbo he had installed :bulgy-eyes:. My hands are large but not NBA basketball player large. The club (my new Cobra amp cell) felt off a bit today during my playing round. It felt heavier and I suppose that the balance I'm accustomed to, was altered. Not to mention the shaft is 46 inches long and I normally play my driver shaft at 44.5 .

This is really cool Ary, that smile just had to make your day. Its all just very exciting for me.

I've been doing this same thing with my dad. We got him a R9 460 2 years ago and threw some adapters on a couple of shafts. The Supertri I had bought prior had a regular shaft, so I gave that to him as well. Then last winter we pulled out the DG s300's that were in my razr x irons and installed a graphite shaft for him and those became his irons. Now he has an Eidelon wedge because he liked the SCOR wedge I had for a bit. For christmas he got an M7. Now he just keeps asking me about all these new drivers that are coming out. I really want to get him a driver fitting at some point in time.

I liked them a lot dude! Love the colors and you are right. The feel was not expected but very nice. Not sure why I was not expecting to like them but I did.

Small ponder but I saw the Golf Pride Niions yesterday in person. Really like them and think the White/Lime could be something I would rock

They feel really nice don't they?

I stumbled across these as well at Golfsmith up at Palm Beach last week. Had no idea what to expect but loved the look and feel. I think I was expecting a slughtly "firmer" feel but they felt great anyways. They had ALL the colors except the green/white. That niion orange is more like a safety veat orange and was a bit much for my eye. The niion yellow was very similiar to the "srixon yellow". At 7.99 these are definitely on ponder mode.

Tapping away on my S3

Pondering getting rid of my R11s fairway and getting something else.

I stumbled across these as well at Golfsmith up at Palm Beach last week. Had no idea what to expect but loved the look and feel. I think I was expecting a slughtly "firmer" feel but they felt great anyways. They had ALL the colors except the green/white. That niion orange is more like a safety veat orange and was a bit much for my eye. The niion yellow was very similiar to the "srixon yellow". At 7.99 these are definitely on ponder mode.

Tapping away on my S3

Got the lime greens on my RBZ's and love the feel...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

XHot!

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

I'd like that a lot! I'm thinking about putting it on the marketplace for a trade though. I'd like a Ping G20 or I20. The prices are the same as the R11s at most retailers. A 910 if someone would offer it, but I extremely doubt it.

I'd like that a lot! I'm thinking about putting it on the marketplace for a trade though. I'd like a Ping G20 or I20. The prices are the same as the R11s at most retailers. A 910 if someone would offer it, but I extremely doubt it.

You'd get 50 percent trade bonus at Golf Galaxy for it, probably end up getting over a hundred bucks for it to put towards the XHot.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

The 35% coupon for TaylorMade preowned has me pondering R11s TP driver. I really have no need to be pondering drivers.

I just can't get rid of my love affair with a set mizuno mp-53's. I still hit them every time I'm in a store and fall more in love every time. So now I'm hunting the bay for something for something that will fit the budget, which is a tall order for mizzys..

I just can't get rid of my love affair with a set mizuno mp-53's. I still hit them every time I'm in a store and fall more in love every time. So now I'm hunting the bay for something for something that will fit the budget, which is a tall order for mizzys..

Good luck with the hunt. Those are gorgeous irons.

After today, The Xhot 3wood. Was seeing some really really nice carry distance

SeeMore Putters, all of them

...and Nike wedges. Still.

Good ponder on the Nike wedges. I'm still pondering a 60*.
I ponder them daily, and have yet to see the 2013s in hand. Mine are just done, no bite left in their bark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back