gatoreric

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.6
I have a couple of "trophies" that me and a couple different buddies play for. Both are just headcovers. One is a LionHead that is up for grabs when I play with my one friend. The other is a Yoda heacover slightly modified with a mustache and "Mr. B.I.G." (Best In Group) written on his forehead. Amazing what playing for a silly headcover and pride can do to your game. Got me to wondering what kinda items or trophies that you and your buddies play for?

big.jpg

The ladies I played with last year played a game of "Rabbit". They had a small rabbit that would get passed around depending on who was winning at the time. It had velcro arms so we would hang it on the side of the cart of the person who was winning.

I like this idea quite a bit thanks!!!

The Morgan Cup

Every year since 1992 we play a Masters Tourney on the Saturday of the Masters in Rain, Wind or Cold.... Here is the trophy and Goodwill Green Jacket that I had embroidered with a generic Masters Logo that I won last year with a 79.

masters2013.jpg

The head cover thing sounds fun, I might need to suggest that to a couple of friends.

Every year since 1992 we play a Masters Tourney on the Saturday of the Masters in Rain, Wind or Cold.... Here is the trophy and Goodwill Green Jacket that I had embroidered with a generic Masters Logo that I won last year with a 79.

masters2013.jpg

That is an awesome trophy and great jacket. I think you even look happier than Adam Scott. Now the guy in the background does not look near as thrilled as he should though. Very cool. Playing for a little something adds a great element to playing with friends. Congrats on the 79. Good score.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Years and years ago me and my buddies used to play for the Gilmore Cup. It was a fairly cheap trophy of a golfer on a little plinth, obviously named after the film. I won it fairly often. When I moved down to London 15 years ago, the guys let me keep it. I still have it.

We have a golf club I run that is made up of a bunch of golf buddies that we golf together alot. We have 4 major tournaments and 8 regular tournaments which follow the pga. each of these outings we have trophies for the winner and then medals for the 2nd 3rd places depending on how many peopel make the event. So we have team trophies for this events or plaques as well. Each outing is different in the way we play it could be a team event or match play or just lowest score. but this makes it alot more fun than just 8 to 12 of us golfing on a sunday. And then the last event we take the top 4 top scores from all events and those 4 people play for the Club Championship and that has its own trophy as well,,, so some could end up with multiple trophies and plaques, or medals.

Cash is king $$$$$

Best trophy in my collection...

8a8yrapa.jpg

saguzysu.jpg

My favorite trophy:

I want to have that pic pretty bad cookie

Those are some awesome pics cookie. I love that display you have too. Nicely done.

Those are some awesome pics cookie. I love that display you have too. Nicely done.

Thanks buddy, need to come check it out in person!! It's a growing display that I plan to add to this year. :)

The Championship Trophy for our league....HEAVY!

cup_zps069b7cea.jpg

ena7u9en.jpg

I'm part of a group of 8 that have been playing for this for 12 years now...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a group of THPers from Western NY that plays for a bright red "Hello Kitty" towel. Last i heard it made a trip to Binghamton NY and has not been seen since....lol oh where ,oh where has "Hello Kitty" gone?

The same group of THPers will be playing a Thru-Way series this year. Players from Buffalo area, Players from Rochester area, Players from Albany area will be competing. Hope to make it an once a Month tournament alternating the City we play near. Should be a lot of fun and some pretty good golf too !!!!

Our regular group trophy:

Back