First hole of 2013; How did you do?

Finally played my first round of 2013 today i had a par on the first hole drove right down the middle of the fairway.... had 143 left ended up hitting a soft 8 due to strong wind and still flew the green chipped up to 12' and drained the putt. draining the putt was a great way to start the year thats the one place i want to really improve even more this year.

My first hole was a par. I missed the 8 ft birdie putt by a 1/2".

First hole this year was a par 5. Pulled my drive weakly to the left rough. Tried to layup with a 4 iron and topped it. Then hit another 4 iron left of the green. Chipped up to about 10 feet and rolled it in. Par!!!!!! Just goes to show it only takes one good shot to make a par. As long as it is the last one!

First hole of the year was about 1 week and a half before the AT&T tournament... at Pebble Beach... Needless to say the course was in phenomenal shape, they were in the process of setting up the stands and the energy of the place was evident. First hole: Driver in the fairway, 7 iron on the green in regulation (35 feet below the hole) Juiced the putt about 8 feet past and missed the slick comebacker... Bogey...
Front nine 42 with a birdie on the epic par 4 8th hole (2nd shot over the cliff and the Pacific). Back nine golf was not as remarkable but what happened on the 16th hole, I will absolutely never forget...

Our fourth (random pairing and hadn't ever met the guy) had told us before the round that he was due for surgery the following week. Didn't think too much of it until 16 rolls around. I hit a chip up to the green with too much on it and its rolling to the back of the green... Right towards our fourth who is laid out at the back of the green... I run up to him as the caddies and others are starting to tend to him and realize he has no pulse. I start chest compressions and get EMT called. For 10 minutes until they arrive I am doing chest compressions to maintain some perfusion. EMT arrives and we start a full ACLS resuscitation with the defibrillator, meds through an IV etc. The AED confirms that the guy is in a BAD rhythm ventricular fibrillation (torsades de pointe)... The resuscitation measures snap him out of it for all of about a minute and a half and he's back in a pulseless rhythm. At that point we decide it's still better if he's on his way to the hospital ASAP as we have gone well down the ACLS algorithm (several shocks, multiple doses of epinephrine, IV fluids, lidocaine...) So off he goes and I'm pretty worried at this point that the guy won't make it... at least 20 minutes of chest compressions with no pulse of his own.

We catch our collective breaths for a while after he's off to the hospital... A few groups have gone through and we decide to finish up 17 and 18 just to clear our heads. We finish off 18 and the Pro shop ends up comp'ing us the greens fees.

Of course I'm worried about the guy and golf really is irrelevant at this point... As I reflected back, 3.5-4 hrs into our round the weather was cooling down, it was a long time in the sun possibly without adequate liquids and nutrition. Prime conditions for a cardiac event for someone with a vulnerable heart.
Then the good news came... It turns out that he was stabilized in the ICU, had his surgery and is still recovering, neurologically intact... Talk about a miracle... I was delighted to get his email letting me know he was recovering and happy to be around still.

As I mentioned earlier, the round will be one I never forget... Message to all of you... Play safe this year... Stay hydrated, work to stay in better shape. Recognize your limitations and play within your capacity. Have a wonderful (and hopefully not nearly as remarkable) 2013 golf season.
Cheers,
Ash
p.s. It doesn't really matter what you shot on your first hole does it now? Not for me...

Heading out today for first try of 2013, I'll report to you guys tonight.

Double bogey six from middle of fairway. Score not worth discussing. Year has to get better from here.

tick, tock..

tick, tock..

I'm the same. Maybe get my first round in of 2013 hoping anyways planning it come on Mother Nature go along with it

Amphibians can tapatalk!

Two balls OB, ended up with a snowman. Would rather talk about the 4/5/6 where I went par, birdie, par. Was surprised to get out there today, but boy it felt good.

My drive landed on the driving range, but I found it ok. Second shot into the wind came up short, ok chip, missed the putt and tapped in for bogey!

First hole was a bogey... There's OB to the left of the first hole, so I aimed too far right and ended up under a tree, nice pitch out, good PW into the green and 2 putt. I'll take it since my average on the first hole at my course is a double bogey.

Does a score really matter???

Does a score really matter???

So, its 35 degrees at the teebox, with a 18mph wind out of the NNW... each of us had three layers on... but getting out for the first 9 holes of the year with my 7 year old was a "hole in one" for my book!

Elle whack.jpg

I will be able to post a first hole score for 2013 this weekend. I can't wait. maybe i even roll the putt in the hole with the Bettinardi BBO I got from Buckjob!

I will be able to post a first hole score for 2013 this weekend. I can't wait. maybe i even roll the putt in the hole with the Bettinardi BBO I got from Buckjob!

WHOA now, its gonna be a little soggy still

my first hole of 2013 consisted of a 30 foot birdie putt, that I of course 3 jacked for a bogey.

home course is still playing winter greens and matts... Scottish weather SUCKS!!

Drive in the fairway. GIR. 3 putt bogey from 15 feet. Suck.

If my calculations are correct, 257 more hours until the first hole of the season. Yesterday was in the 50s here but there was still too much snow on the ground. Thought about it. Of course now it 19 degrees with snow and 30mph wind. Missed that window.

My first hole of the year was today. Since i stay in the US for two weeks as holidays i thought i could play a round of golf. I played the coral oaks golf course in cape coral. shot a 99 and was pretty happy for my first round this year.
The first hole was a GIR and a ugly 3 putt for bogey ;)

First hole of the year was about a 360 par 4. Pulled the drive left off the fairway and had about 100 yards left. Missed the green left but pin high. Pitched up to about 3 feet for a par.

First round of the year, got a par on the first hole. Short little 360 yd par 4. Was right off the tee with a tough lie but hit a beautiful PW to about 10 feet and 2 putted for the par!

All new bag, stiff wind, and cold 45* conditions had my tee shot come a club shorter than ideal, but I was on the fairway.
The approach shot on 1 needs to stay below the hole, but again I was perfectly on line but a club shorter than intended.
Slightly off the green, I "Texas wedged" my putter to gimme distance for a par.
No complaints.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21363321951.793560.jpg

360 yd par 4. Hit my drive about 310 yards down the gut, knocked an easy 58* a little past pin high and about 15 feet right onto the green. Missed my birdie try, but buried the little 3 foot knee knocker for par.

Back