GD tour AD DI trimming?

PinHunter

Reaction score
Handicap
So if I was to buy a tour Ad DI driver shaft that was playing at 45" in a titleist driver could I still tip trim it enough to have it play at a standard length in a 913 fairway wood?

So if I was to buy a tour Ad DI driver shaft that was playing at 45" in a titleist driver could I still tip trim it enough to have it play at a standard length in a 913 fairway wood?

If you want it stiffer, than yes. If you just want a FW shaft and want to keep the flex, than just butt trim it. Either way you can make a driver shaft a FW shaft quite easily.

I think Graphite Design recommends trimming a DI 0.5" for a 3 wood or 1" for a 5 wood in order to maintain flex, but your best bet is to contact them to be sure.
If you just swap the shaft and trim the butt I think it will play soft to flex.

I believe the 913 driver BBGM (bottom of bore to ground measurement) is 1.5", which means the raw shaft length is 45" - 1.5" = 43.5". Let's assume the shaft is untipped.

For reference, I believe the 913 fairway BBGM is 1.25". Installing that shaft directly into the fairway wood at 1.25" BBGM would give you a playing length of 43.5" + 1.25" = 44.75". However, you would typically tip a shaft when installing in a fairway wood (for the Tour AD DI it is recommended 0.5" for 3 wood and 1" for 5 / 7 / 9 woods). Accordingly, tipping per Graphite Design's instructions, you could get a max playing length of 44.75" - 0.5" = 44.25" in a 3 wood and 44.75" - 1" = 43.75" in a 5 / 7 / 9 wood.

Conclusion - the shaft is easily long enough for installation, including appropriate tipping, in a fairway wood.

If the shaft is already tipped, you would have even more room to work with. To know whether or not the shaft has been tip trimmed already, it should measure 24.75" from tip to the first green hoop in the graphics in its raw untipped state.

Good luck. :)

I believe the 913 driver BBGM (bottom of bore to ground measurement) is 1.5", which means the raw shaft length is 45" - 1.5" = 43.5". Let's assume the shaft is untipped.

For reference, I believe the 913 fairway BBGM is 1.25". Installing that shaft directly into the fairway wood at 1.25" BBGM would give you a playing length of 43.5" + 1.25" = 44.75". However, you would typically tip a shaft when installing in a fairway wood (for the Tour AD DI it is recommended 0.5" for 3 wood and 1" for 5 / 7 / 9 woods). Accordingly, tipping per Graphite Design's instructions, you could get a max playing length of 44.75" - 0.5" = 44.25" in a 3 wood and 44.75" - 1" = 43.75" in a 5 / 7 / 9 wood.

Conclusion - the shaft is easily long enough for installation, including appropriate tipping, in a fairway wood.

If the shaft is already tipped, you would have even more room to work with. To know whether or not the shaft has been tip trimmed already, it should measure 24.75" from tip to the first green hoop in the graphics in its raw untipped state.

Good luck. :)

Thanks for the info!

Luckily I found a used one in like new condition with the 913F adapter already installed!

Thanks for the info!

Luckily I found a used one in like new condition with the 913F adapter already installed!

Ha - that's easier!

Back