Non-Golf Stress and How it Affects Your Game

Just_Brad

#GD 2023Legacy #HYFY - JB says "Be a Brad"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am in the midst of of some pretty big life changes right now, trying to have kids, angst at work, things like that....

It got me thinking today, how it would be great to get out for a round (if there weren't snow), as a way to try and relieve some stress. But then I wondered how outside things would affect how I played, my enjoyment, and in general my attitude towards the game of golf.

Do influences outside of golf impact your game for the better/worse? Is your scoring/enjoyment affected?

It really depends for me. Sometimes golf gives me enough space that the stress rolls away but other times I just cannot escape whatever the source of the stress is. My primary job is very high stress and it has started to take a toll on my health. To help combat this, my wife has encouraged me to play more this year in hopes golf will relieve it more.

I am in the midst of of some pretty big life changes right now, trying to have kids, angst at work, things like that....

It got me thinking today, how it would be great to get out for a round (if there weren't snow), as a way to try and relieve some stress. But then I wondered how outside things would affect how I played, my enjoyment, and in general my attitude towards the game of golf.

Do influences outside of golf impact your game for the better/worse? Is your scoring/enjoyment affected?

Back