Favorite sounding driver?

My name for my Classic is "The Bat"
Just like a baseball bat it gives me that feeling of crushing a ball.

Any persimmon driver sounds better than the metal drivers. I love my 910 D3 as it really hits good and sounds ok but persimmon sounds great like the wooden bats still sound better than metal.

Loved the sound of my Classic 290, a great crack without the horrible metallic noise of some other drivers in recent years. Just couldn't hit the thing consistently...

I love the sound of my 905 but the best I've heard is the Cleveland Classic, the muted sound on a well struck drive is authoritive.

I like the sound of my Ping K15 driver. Woods and hybrids are a little dead though. I always loved the sound of Callaway woods. Their Heavenwood hybrids sounded sweet as well. Miss that sound.

Even though I didn't buy it, the X-Hot sounds really, really good. Probably one of the best I've heard.

Toss up between my 910D2 and my old R9 Supertri. My Covert is a bit muted even when I swing out of my shoes.

my g25 with 20xi-x balls ..... P..I..N..G!!! turning heads. But my friend who has last years RBZ with this ball is deafening.

Hard as it may be to believe, sound makes absolutely no impression on me. As long as it hits and feels good, it could sound like nails on a chalkboard, or a gunshot.

Dan

G20 and XHot in a dead heat (no pun intended)

Razr Fit Extreme an Cleveland Classic are a tie for me.

Ping anser :D

I thought that club sounded really good when I hit it in St. Louis, which goes against every experience I had with Ping prior to that.

As for me, I have to say my 910D2 is the best sounding driver I have experienced. Shocker, I know.

R11s V2 with hot melt and cotton balls
super quiet just a dead thud at impact

1. Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme/ Razr Fit/ Titleist 913....I cannot choose!

I'm big on the sound and feel of a driver. I absolutely hate a high pitched ringing one where people look from the next hole over or stare on the range.

I typically like composite drivers. They do a nice job with the sound -- more muted and just powerful sounding. I think they sound most like the old persimmon ones (yet feel and perform worlds better).

The best sounding driver I've ever hit was the Diablo Octane in IMIX. Callaway really nailed it with this one. It just sounds like it is crunching the golf ball. The newer Callaways are actually a step backwards (and more mainstream) to me.

Cleveland Launcher
launch.jpg
[/IMG]

I'd have to say my old supertri, or the 913.

Callaway X Hot

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

I really like the sound at impact from my razr fit along with the new x hot pro. I also really like the muted but powerful sound of the cobra amp cell. I had a hard time not buying the blue amp cell at pga superstore.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

Titleist drivers have always sounded the best for me.

I thought that club sounded really good when I hit it in St. Louis, which goes against every experience I had with Ping prior to that.

As for me, I have to say my 910D2 is the best sounding driver I have experienced. Shocker, I know.

It was more of a joke, I hated the sound of it

I still have it. I should have known you would post right after me. All I can say is it goes straight, but, I flinch when I hit it.

I am actually letting a friend hit it. He loves it, the only problem is that I have to hear it. He asked me the other day why I hum while he hits.

Last edited:
I like it too - I. have a feeling we are in the minority. Sounds like a car crash..in a good way

+1, but I do miss the sound of my TaylorMade R7 425.

Back