most spinning wedge

ulle73

Reaction score
Handicap
what wedge gives most spin? anyone seen any charts on tests? i know they can model them different depending on loft, but lets say a standard off the shelf 56

The Callaway MD2 are the most spinny wedges i have played but have not tried the new SM5's or some of the other new wedges

The Callaway MD2 are the most spinny wedges i have played but have not tried the new SM5's or some of the other new wedges

okay, what wedges have you played before that you can compare to md2?

All about newness and technique. I've never seen a new wedge spin more than any other new wedge.

Very few will differ a ton. Its about technique, urethane covered ball and good contact.
With that said, I find when I grab the Cleveland 588 line, everything just works great for me.

I typically think this has much more to do with the golfer and the swing than the wedge itself, but montior testing has shown the MD2's are higher spinning for me too. They are new and it's not a huge percentage though.

Compared to Nike Toe Sweep, Hopkins, 588 F.

Steeper angle of attack on a urethane ball will tend to give more spin. You also get more spin lower on the face (my experience). That being said I find new wedges with sharp grooves spin the most.

In most cases between different brands I never see more than 300-400 spin difference. Not enough for me to chose one over the other. I chose wedges based on feedback of the face, bounce, grind, and weight in my hands.

The old Eidolon wedges spun a ton. The older Cleveland Zip grooved wedges and Callaway Mack Daddy wedges also created a lot of spin.

Believe most of the CC wedges are about the same.

Very few will differ a ton. Its about technique, urethane covered ball and good contact.
With that said, I find when I grab the Cleveland 588 line, everything just works great for me.

Must agree with all of this, JB..

Non conforming grooved wedges which are legal for use in most USGA play until 2024

Shaft plays a huge role in this factor.

I have played Vokey, 588, act, md2 and j40. The J40s have no equal

I've played vokey, cg15, callaway forged copper and the copper spun the most for me

sent without the boss's knowledge...

Back