THP Events- No West Coast?

Gulby

#SemiPro
Reaction score
Handicap
RCGA 12.9
Does anything ever happen for us West Coast folk? Or is everything pretty much Central US?

There was a big Callaway event out there about a month ago. Also Vegas last year.

It's based on where the people are, and the logistics of THP HQ being able to get there. There are many California get-togethers though, as there are all over the country.

I also think the Guantlet is moving there this year

I take it you aren't getting a huge supporting cast from the Pacific Northwest?

I take it you aren't getting a huge supporting cast from the Pacific Northwest?

Also important, the site owners live in Florida. They try to make it to as many places in the country as possible, but can't be on the road all the time. Plus the logistics of getting equipment to the cities where events are held.

I noticed it as well, but figure things will change year to year. It does make it difficult for us out here to think about planning a cross-country trip for an event. But, if you look at the map, we are definitely the minority out here.

I noticed it as well, but figure things will change year to year. It does make it difficult for us out here to think about planning a cross-country trip for an event. But, if you look at the map, we are definitely the minority out here.

I honestly don't think that is true. With the 15 events being held this year the locations are pretty much spread apart offering the opportunity for all. I was just looking at the events that have had sign ups and they have people signing up from various parts of the States. I myself are traveling more than 15-20 hrs for two of the events. Granted there may not be an event in your area this year, THP does switch it up from yr to yr. Hope to see you at an event in the future.

Granddaddy will be on west coast later this year.

Last year there were two THP Events on the west coast.
Las Vegas and Palm Springs.
Right now the calendar in 2014 has 1 event on the west coast (Grandaddy in Dec).

The good news is that travel is available for anybody that wants to attend an event if its in their means, just as it is for us. We understand the expense and the time it takes (truly we do) and understand that it is not possible to get to everywhere. So our goal is to pick locations that are somewhat easy to get to, affordable to get to for everybody and change each year.

Last year there were two THP Events on the west coast.
Las Vegas and Palm Springs.
Right now the calendar in 2014 has 1 event on the west coast (Grandaddy in Dec).

The good news is that travel is available for anybody that wants to attend an event if its in their means, just as it is for us. We understand the expense and the time it takes (truly we do) and understand that it is not possible to get to everywhere. So our goal is to pick locations that are somewhat easy to get to, affordable to get to for everybody and change each year.

that's great to hear re: the grandaddy. I totally understand why the events are located where they are and I appreciate the efforts to spread them out - it is not easy task, I'm sure.

mmaynard11: which part wasn't true...the map interpretation or that it's difficult to travel? thanks...

Back