The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Thain should post it in the NJ Invitational thread. It was not technically part of it, but close enough. Then we might have to repost in recap thread next week, if its as good on video as it was in person.

1. He clearly over pured it
2. I thought exactly what JB said haha

I see nothing wrong with what you said. If a girl is going to annouce she likes to sleep around, I am not venturing down that road with her. I never asked for a sexual history and was never asked. I do not agree that sex has to have feeling attached to it all the time. I was single once and played the field as a single man, til I decided one day I wanted a wife and some serious structure in my life.

Guys and girls can be dogs, I dont want to hear about it and I don't want to a girl to tell me she 'enjoys' sex. Usually means there some questionable choices in the past.

I bring this up because we have a Facebook confession for our school. You go into SurveyMonkey and confess something, but it remains anonymous. One girl today wrote, "I hate how girls get called sl*** just because they enjoy/ want to have sex. That's so wrong."

I proceeded to comment about how Sex is different then most things and it should be taken more seriously. Doing it should be done by 2 people who really care about each other. Therefore, if you sleep around and you don't care about this, people will call you a sl**.

I could've ended it there, but no I had to continue and write, "Most guys aren't into used product anyway. New>Heavily Used."

That word, product, it just ended any and all product debate. I got flamed for as one girl called, "My A$$hat, D***head, White male privileged ideas."

It's totally not how it meant to come across as, but there it goes. That's why I brought it up, not just THP.

I have to go buy a new laptop. Jacqui's is messed up so she is getting mine.

I bring this up because we have a Facebook confession for our school. You go into SurveyMonkey and confess something, but it remains anonymous. One girl today wrote, "I hate how girls get called sl*** just because they enjoy/ want to have sex. That's so wrong."

I proceeded to comment about how Sex is different then most things and it should be taken more seriously. Doing it should be done by 2 people who really care about each other. Therefore, if you sleep around and you don't care about this, people will call you a sl**.

I could've ended it there, but no I had to continue and write, "Most guys aren't into used product anyway. New>Heavily Used."

That word, product, it just ended any and all product debate. I got flamed for as one girl called, "My A$$hat, D***head, White male privileged ideas."

It's totally not how it meant to come across as, but there it goes. That's why I brought it up, not just THP.

Those types of girls exhist?! Where were they when I was single for those two weeks in college. I was an emotional wreck that was looking for bad decisions. Granted, I got back together with the lady who became my wife. But damn, I would have enjoyed some random beast-with-two-backs action.

Those types of girls exhist?! Where were they when I was single for those two weeks in college. I was an emotional wreck that was looking for bad decisions. Granted, I got back together with the lady who became my wife. But damn, I would have enjoyed some random beast-with-two-backs action.

They were around. You just weren't looking in the right places. Closing time at a college bar is a good place to start -- or so I've heard.

They were around. You just weren't looking in the right places. Closing time at a college bar is a good place to start -- or so I've heard.

I definitely didn't figure that out. I was too busy being awesome - playing HALO 2.

I should have been trying to be awesome by ruining some drunken ladies' self worth.

Gotta start at least 15 mins before the bar closes, leaves time for a backup plan if all else fails... allegedly

Gotta start at least 15 mins before the bar closes, leaves time for a backup plan if all else fails... allegedly

I've heard that if you're a closer that you don't require a backup plan -- allegedly.

EDIT: I'm totally guessing on that last part.

I've heard that if you're a closer that you don't require a backup plan -- allegedly.

And thats why i was playing Crazy Taxi in my dorm alone at 3am.

Called my car in stolen today. Car was supposed to be here on the 25th of last month and still isn't. Shipping company gave me some bull crap story yesterday about the reason why it wasn't delivered yet and today they completely talked around the same story. In the end it's the same outcome, still no car, so I called it in stolen and had my credit card company pull the funds from the shipping company.

I definitely didn't figure that out. I was too busy being awesome - playing HALO 2.

I should have been trying to be awesome by ruining some drunken ladies' self worth.

In fairness, if Halo 2 existed when I was in college, I probably would have been doing the same. I think the best we had was early versions of Madden and NCAA football.

No way buddy. I always tell my soldiers before the weekend during a safety briefing "If she's drunk, don't dunk". Many women have a bass ackward idea of what consent is after the fact. And not many people are very quick to listen to a guy's side of the story when all is said and done.

No way buddy. I always tell my soldiers before the weekend during a safety briefing "If she's drunk, don't dunk". Many women have a bass ackward idea of what consent is after the fact. And not many people are very quick to listen to a guy's side of the story when all is said and done.

That's why I would have given them a fake name, like James Miles.

Called my car in stolen today. Car was supposed to be here on the 25th of last month and still isn't. Shipping company gave me some bull crap story yesterday about the reason why it wasn't delivered yet and today they completely talked around the same story. In the end it's the same outcome, still no car, so I called it in stolen and had my credit card company pull the funds from the shipping company.
Sorry to hear that Colt - that's definitely worthy of a Rant-of-the-Day Award. Sounds like there is a lot more to that story.
I hope things work out in the end for you.

R.O.

Sorry to hear that Colt - that's definitely worthy of a Rant-of-the-Day Award. Sounds like there is a lot more to that story.
I hope things work out in the end for you.

R.O.

There's quite a bit more. But I don't have enough room on here to rant about the details.

I'll just say that the shipping dispatcher hasn't been in touch with the trucker transporting my car since last Monday... The 22nd of Apr (the day he picked my car up from the port). he hasn't returned their calls to his COMPANY PROVIDED PHONE one single time yet.

What kind of car?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

What kind of car?

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

2012 Hyundai Elantra Limited (fully loaded w/ every option available)

Freaking 300 pound mama black bear and two little cubs just came up on my deck and ripped my bird feeder down, tore the bottom off and ate all the seed. They just waddled off in search of another snack and left the mess on the deck. Now there are birds sitting around wondering where the effin feeder went. Just one of the perils of living in the North Georgia mountains. Quite a sight to watch though through my glass doorwalls about 12 feet away.

Freaking 300 pound mama black bear and two little cubs just came up on my deck and ripped my bird feeder down, tore the bottom off and ate all the seed. They just waddled off in search of another snack and left the mess on the deck. Now there are birds sitting around wondering where the effin feeder went. Just one of the perils of living in the North Georgia mountains. Quite a sight to watch though through my glass doorwalls about 12 feet away.

You are amazingly unsurprised about this.

So we are replacing our 14 yr. old roof NO THANKS to Certainteed faulty shingles to the total of $10,500.00. So we recive a check for $750.00 from them after going though all this bs. to get our part of a law suit filed agaist them 10 yrs. ago for faulty shingles. SUCK IT Certainteed....prorated fomula my arse..

So we are replacing our 14 yr. old roof NO THANKS to Certainteed faulty shingles to the total of $10,500.00. So we recive a check for $750.00 from them after going though all this bs. to get our part of a law suit filed agaist them 10 yrs. ago for faulty shingles. SUCK IT Certainteed....prorated fomula my arse..

The consumer WILL...NEVER...WIN, dude! Sorry for your luck!

Are you kidding me? You reported a car stolen because of shipping delays? An officer actually took that report? Is there any reason to believe it is actually stolen and not just delayed due to the company doing a crappy job?

You are amazingly unsurprised about this.

Yeah. We get them on our back decks looking for food several times during the summer. I walked out into my sunroom one day which is on a third deck about 35 feet above ground and came face to face with a bear standing erect looking at me from the other side of the doorwall. We both were quite surprised and both started back pedaling. She climbed over the railing and back down to the ground. She also had two cubs that had climbed up two trees to see what mom was up to. I have a gas grill on that level and I'm sure she came up to check it out. Black bears are usually people shy, but can be dangerous if they feel their cub(s) are threatened. That is about as close as I ever want to be to one, however.

Edit: As I was pushing post on this, Mama and the two cubs from the bird feeder incident an hour or so ago just came up to the second level deck and looked at me through this doorwall. My desk is about 5 feet from the doorwall. Now that is too damned close! That glass door would be nothing to her. I tried to hide behind my LCD screen. LOL. The two cubs are the tiniest I've seen, perhaps only days old. They're off again now, but this is getting to be a little much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back