G15 Driver Snapped

Wongstongs

Reaction score
Handicap
I was at the driving range last night practicing as usual. When I got to practicing with my driver the WORST happened...after crushing a few awesome drives I took a few more and noticed that the driver was sounding a bit off (not sure how to describe it, but it wasn't as tingy? sounding). Then on the next swing, when I struck the ball it felt super weird and as I completely lost my balance without the weight of the club head, I saw it flying through the air :beat-up:.

Worst feeling ever! My driver is a G15 9 degree with TFC stiff shaft, it snapped off right inside the hosel. I called PING Canada this morning and they said it should be covered under warranty which makes me feel much better. All I need to do is take it to Golftown and they should take care of it.

Anyone else have this happen to them? They didn't give me and estimated time to get it fixed, but I hope it isn't too long.

Happens all the time. I have seen it with pretty much every manufacturer at one point or another.

Yep, has happened to me before no real reason, but it happens.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Interesting, didn't know it was that common.

Worst part was that it went out about 100 yards. They announced over the PA (to a very full range) that someone had lost their club out on the range and for everyone to stop hitting so I could go grab it...so embarrassing haha.

Interesting, didn't know it was that common.

Worst part was that it went out about 100 yards. They announced over the PA (to a very full range) that someone had lost their club out on the range and for everyone to stop hitting so I could go grab it...so embarrassing haha.

Should have turned around to face everyone before you picked it up and flexed.

That sucks... That's my driver too, I love it. But I got it used, not sure what would happen if the same thing happened to me.

I went to an Adams demo day years ago and was testing out their latest Driver. ( A4 maybe? ) Took a few swings, hit it pretty well, and then took a swing and the head flew right off into the crowded driving range!, leaving me standing dumb founded with only a shaft in my hands. My daughter, who was 8 at the time, still laughs about that to this day. The guy who was running the demo day was totally non plussed about the whole thing, and just laughed. Shockingly, I didn't buy that driver!

Once you drop it off its usually 2-3 weeks or so before it comes back to te shop. I've seen quicker though. Good news, in cases with head damage and no more heads in stock, you'll get the newer version to replace it.

I was at the driving range last night practicing as usual. When I got to practicing with my driver the WORST happened...after crushing a few awesome drives I took a few more and noticed that the driver was sounding a bit off (not sure how to describe it, but it wasn't as tingy? sounding). Then on the next swing, when I struck the ball it felt super weird and as I completely lost my balance without the weight of the club head, I saw it flying through the air :beat-up:.

Worst feeling ever! My driver is a G15 9 degree with TFC stiff shaft, it snapped off right inside the hosel. I called PING Canada this morning and they said it should be covered under warranty which makes me feel much better. All I need to do is take it to Golftown and they should take care of it.

Anyone else have this happen to them? They didn't give me and estimated time to get it fixed, but I hope it isn't too long.

I know this stuff happens, but I've been playing since the early 70's and I've never had a club come apart, and I've owned a bunch of clubs. I'm sure Ping will take care of it.

It seems guys with a lot of wrist snap, like a baseball swing have it happen the most. One of my regular playing partners has snapped Adams & Callaway driver heads. Tommy Armour 4 & 5 irons, & a Callaway X20 5 iron...

My buddy had the same thing happen with a Nike on the tee box. I could not stop laughing mainly because of how far the head went into someones back yard and he had to walk around ring the door bell and ask to go in the yard to get his driver head. That is still a thing that he gets picked on about.

I have only had one club snap on me and that was a cheap 6i from a set I picked up when I first started playing again after a long break so I wasn't too bothered about it, but I can imagine when it happens to an expensive club it can be gut-wrenching

I had to send back my Ping G20 driver twice within a 60 day period. The airline broke the shaft - ping charged $70.00 - then as I was teeing off the head flew off. Ping apologized & repaired it free.

my roommate broke a callaway like that one time. On the last tee of the day, something sounded off, and I saw the head fly right into the lake. I'm still laughing about that one.

It happened to me with a Ping G5 a few years ago, it definitely sucks!

I had an Adams Speedline driver crack at the hosel. Adams replaced the shaft at no charge. Just take it to any authorized dealer and they will handle the transaction.

Ping has great customer service. I had the head snap off 4 different graphite shafted G2 irons within 1 year. Ping replaced each shaft at no cost to me, other than 1 way shipping. Turnaround was about a week as I recall.

Happened to my buddy with an old Cally FW once.

Hope it gets fixed quickly. If not, let me know I have that EXACT driver lying around and we can work out something.

Happened to my buddy with an old Cally FW once.

Hope it gets fixed quickly. If not, let me know I have that EXACT driver lying around and we can work out something.

Cool, I will keep that in mind!

I stopped by Golf Town yesterday and they will be sending it to PING on Monday. They said the turnaround time is 3-4 weeks, they will call me and let me know when PING gets it and what they are going to do with it. Gonna be a terrible few weeks without the driver as it one of my favourite clubs to hit...

It seems guys with a lot of wrist snap, like a baseball swing have it happen the most. One of my regular playing partners has snapped Adams & Callaway driver heads. Tommy Armour 4 & 5 irons, & a Callaway X20 5 iron...

Interesting, I wonder if there is anything to that as my swing incorporates a very quick/sharp release...hopefully I don't snap more clubs!

Happens all the time. I have seen it with pretty much every manufacturer at one point or another.

+1 99% of shafts that fail fail at or in the hosel. The Matrix code shafts had a tendency to fail in the middle of the shaft but that was the only shaft I have had a problem with breaking anywhere but at the hosel.

have had it happen on numerous occasions with irons...with my TaylorMade Burner 2.0's I think I had 5 shafts replaced...same place...right at the Hosel...in several cases down inside the hosel...

Yupp, same as mine, actually inside the hosel

have had it happen on numerous occasions with irons...with my TaylorMade Burner 2.0's I think I had 5 shafts replaced...same place...right at the Hosel...in several cases down inside the hosel...

Back