Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering a wedge, need a sand wedge to fill a gap at the bottom of my bag. 53* ideally, but going to try and overcome my OCD and bend either a 52 or 54 there. I'm tossed up between the set SW for my Rocketbladez or a Cleveland wedge and have ruled out others (I think).

On my iPhone T.. T.. Tapatalking away!

Ary, I think the white would be STUNNING on the Ad-di6. Not sure if the orange will be a great match with the orange from the di-6, not positive though
The orange from a GP New Decade matches up pretty good and this one doesn't look that different. White would look killer too.

And theyre nicer than VDR's?? Hmmmm..

The VDRs seem to struggle with longevity in a big way. I don't get that feeling with the RELs at all.

The Crossline ACE's Rickus was talking about are about a buck more per grip.

While I think the NDMC's are the best, REL's have a much better feel and last much longer than VDR's. The VDRs can chip pretty easily.

While I think the NDMC's are the best, REL's have a much better feel and last much longer than VDR's. The VDRs can chip pretty easily.

I never much cared for the NDMC's. They always came off as too rough to me and not nearly tacky enough for my liking. I like the VDR's better than the NDMC's but I like the REL 3Gens and the Crossline ACE better. Something about them feels softer and way more tacky.

I never much cared for the NDMC's. They always came off as too rough to me and not nearly tacky enough for my liking. I like the VDR's better than the NDMC's but I like the REL 3Gens and the Crossline ACE better. Something about them feels softer and way more tacky.

I've been very interested in the Crossline ACE's. How are they? They look pretty good and tacky.

I've been very interested in the Crossline ACE's. How are they? They look pretty good and tacky.

I absolutely love them so far. The tackiness and feel is quite an eye opener as compared to what I previously played (NDMC and VDR) at a fraction for the price (I paid $5.99 per). I went with the standard size on these. After I put them on I honestly thought I had gotten some solvent or glue of some sort on them because I couldnt believe how tacky they were. I even wiped them down with a Gripe and they were still tacky. I dont know if its because I am so used to the others that offer no real tack at all to me or if they are just that good.

I absolutely love them so far. The tackiness and feel is quite an eye opener as compared to what I previously played (NDMC and VDR) at a fraction for the price (I paid $5.99 per). I went with the standard size on these. After I put them on I honestly thought I had gotten some solvent or glue of some sort on them because I couldnt believe how tacky they were. I even wiped them down with a Gripe and they were still tacky. I dont know if its because I am so used to the others that offer no real tack at all to me or if they are just that good.

I'll throw one on one of my irons next week if Dicks has them. Can't wait to try them out.

Pondering a B Asha for the Blue Bomber

Edit: Just saw the price on these bad boys. Ponder has been significantly slowed...

Also pondering these since Bridgestone doesn't offer VDR grips as an option. If adwillingham is saying that the 3Gens are better than the VDRs, I need to seriously look into them. Thinking about either a white or orange grip to go on top of the DI-6 that I'll get put into my Bridgestone driver.

28_Gray.jpg

I switched over to Rel Gen over a 1 year ago from Golf Pride and frankly won't go back. I love the tackiness of the Rel Gen and they clean up really nicely. Before the Gripes, I was using warm water and dishwashing soap and they felt like brand new.

In the process of re-gripping my wedges for this spring ( if spring ever comes) with the Crossline Ace 3Gen. Love the look of them. Ordered a new set of irons (AP1s ) and will be re-gripping as soon as I get them.

So in short, I am right with adwillingham

Wedge ponder possibly reduced to the J40s after some practice with the 56˚ last night. There's even a pair available on the bay with my specs! Do I get the sating chrome to match my specs or do I go black and have them extended? Hmmm....

I currently have an R11S which I love...but always am willign to try out new equipment...

Have an opportunity from a buddy to pick up any club at cost...

I am contemplating the R1 or the Cobra Amp Cell (stretch but maybe the Nike covert)

ORRR

Replace my 21* iWood rescue with some updated rescue (not sure where to go on this one)

I'm pondering a full equipment change (everything but the Putter). I have a good idea of what I'm going to go with except for the wedges. I checked out the TM ATV wedges at Golfsmith and I love the finish but I'm not sure about the all purpose sole. When I opened up the 60 deg on the carpet I felt like the leading edge of the face was a 1/4 inch off the ground. It doesn't seem like this would be a good wedge on tight lies. Anyone using the TM ATV's that has any input?

I'm pondering a full equipment change (everything but the Putter). I have a good idea of what I'm going to go with except for the wedges. I checked out the TM ATV wedges at Golfsmith and I love the finish but I'm not sure about the all purpose sole. When I opened up the 60 deg on the carpet I felt like the leading edge of the face was a 1/4 inch off the ground. It doesn't seem like this would be a good wedge on tight lies. Anyone using the TM ATV's that has any input?

I dont own a 60 degree so I cant help with that but I have had no problem opening up my 56. The whole reason I went with the ATV was because I had trouble chipping from tight lies. It has basically eliminated that as a trouble spot for me.

I keep finding myself looking at G25 drivers on the bay...

I've been pondering hybrids as of late; caught up on the high on the list are the x-hot and Adams super s & LS; I need to find somewhere to hit these things....

I've been pondering hybrids as of late; caught up on the high on the list are the x-hot and Adams super s & LS; I need to find somewhere to hit these things....

My house?

I can't speak to the TM ATV's as I first moved to a 52 degree Vokey and added the 60 degree Vokey about a month later. I don't have any problems tight lies with the Vokey.

I am curious to hear what experiences people have had with the TM ATVs.

I can't speak to the TM ATV's as I first moved to a 52 degree Vokey and added the 60 degree Vokey about a month later. I don't have any problems tight lies with the Vokey.

I am curious to hear what experiences people have had with the TM ATVs.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...s-Review-Forum-Testing&highlight=wedge+review

Fill your boots.

Many here love the ATV's, I thought they were very "meh". All about what you want from your wedges though.

Many here love the ATV's, I thought they were very "meh". All about what you want from your wedges though.

I'm with you. Nothing really special to me.

I really liked the 50* ATV. Fun for full shots, and easy to use for 3/4 shots.

If I was only looking for a 50* wedge right now, I would go with the 50* AW from the Rbladez set. That club is legit.

The ATV wedge is crisp and versatile... I'm pondering get quite a lot haha, Driver= R11s tp 10.5 stiff. 3 wood= RBZ Hybrid 4i= Adams LS Irons= Adams idea cb3. and a super stroke slim for my putter.

The ATV wedge is crisp and versatile...

Shows how different people are, for me they were clunky and struggled mightily on touch shots.

Mind you I havent had the opportunity to try out any other "new" wedges. I knew I had cash for 1 and wanted something that was versatile and was impressed with the ATVs claims and from what I've experienced on the course I cant complain knocking it stiff from 70yards and in. its a 54* so in the business of picking up a 50* any suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back