Bridgestone J40 Dual Pocket Cavity Iron Review Thread

So I built my dream set of irons on the Bridgestone site and went to put the order through and turns out they don't even ship to Canada. Seriously, in this day and age?
I know there are some ways around this I just find it frustrating that I have to jump through some hoops to buy their product. Luckily, Bridgestone's amazing support of THP outweighs their inability to find Canada on a map lol.

Bummer dude, maybe contact them and see what they can. They have great customer service.

Also, I got my first two rounds of the year with these this weekend and lets just say I have a feeling good things are to come. I threw some darts with these and hit 6 of 8 greens on par 3's, which I never do.

Did you get this resolved ArmyGolf? Would love to hear that Bridgestone was able to take care of this some how. Maybe send you to someone local that could hook you up with some of their clubs, maybe?
My order last weekend was not as bad, but when I placed my ordered at Golf Galaxy, they did not have the ability avaiable to order the clubs bent to my specs. I find that rather peculiar. How can you fit someone to a club and have it delivered to their home, and not have the ability to ordered the clubs to the fitted specs? I have to receive the clubs and take them back in to then have them bend them to spec. Strange.

So I built my dream set of irons on the Bridgestone site and went to put the order through and turns out they don't even ship to Canada. Seriously, in this day and age?
I know there are some ways around this I just find it frustrating that I have to jump through some hoops to buy their product. Luckily, Bridgestone's amazing support of THP outweighs their inability to find Canada on a map lol.

Bummer dude, maybe contact them and see what they can. They have great customer service.

Also, I got my first two rounds of the year with these this weekend and lets just say I have a feeling good things are to come. I threw some darts with these and hit 6 of 8 greens on par 3's, which I never do.

Nice! The constant positive reviews of these irons have sucked me in. So many iron sets come, get raved about, then are forgotten shortly thereafter but these seem to really have some staying power. After hitting one, I'm sold.

Did you get this resolved ArmyGolf? Would love to hear that Bridgestone was able to take care of this some how. Maybe send you to someone local that could hook you up with some of their clubs, maybe?
My order last weekend was not as bad, but when I placed my ordered at Golf Galaxy, they did not have the ability avaiable to order the clubs bent to my specs. I find that rather peculiar. How can you fit someone to a club and have it delivered to their home, and not have the ability to ordered the clubs to the fitted specs? I have to receive the clubs and take them back in to then have them bend them to spec. Strange.
I'm working on it still. Yes, that is very strange as their website allows for plenty of customization. If you order through GolfTown up here they want $1200 for a stock set...ouch.

Nice! The constant positive reviews of these irons have sucked me in. So many iron sets come, get raved about, then are forgotten shortly thereafter but these seem to really have some staying power. After hitting one, I'm sold.

They really are, and I haven't even hit any fitted for me yet, I think my kind will be blown then.

That is a very big ouch in my book. I got the 4-pw on order for around $800. So now the waiting is killing me. I just want them here so I can get them back to the store and get the lie bent correctly. I can't wait to see what a club fit to me actually feels like.
I'm working on it still. Yes, that is very strange as their website allows for plenty of customization. If you order through GolfTown up here they want $1200 for a stock set...ouch.

Jesse played these irons SO well this weekend, he needs to stick with these things, he's going to be lethal after he gets used to them some more.

Pretty surprised that they don't ship to Canada. I'm anxious to hit these

I played with these Saturday and Sunday too. Remember Jman, I have cookie's in my bag still. I absolutely love them. I can't wait to get mine in and bent to my specs, so that I can enjoy them even more. What an incredible iron set.
Jesse played these irons SO well this weekend, he needs to stick with these things, he's going to be lethal after he gets used to them some more.

They are truly AWESOME for sure!

I felt like a whole new man after gaming these. I probably tripled my chest hair count from 10 to 30 just by simply putting these in play.

I played with these Saturday and Sunday too. Remember Jman, I have cookie's in my bag still. I absolutely love them. I can't wait to get mine in and bent to my specs, so that I can enjoy them even more. What an incredible iron set.
Are you sending them back to B-stone to get customized to your specs? Or just a builder in your area?

Golf Galaxy will bend them up to my specs for free. That will actualy work out good, because I can go straight into a hitting a bay and throw on some tape and check each club right then. Guaranteed to have the right lie this way. That should be a big confidence booster, knowing that they fit my swing correctly.
Are you sending them back to B-stone to get customized to your specs? Or just a builder in your area?

I felt like a whole new man after gaming these. I probably tripled my chest hair count from 10 to 30 just by simply putting these in play.

Those are some serious results!

Ordered my set of J40 DPC's! It's been quite awhile since I've been this excited over a piece of equipment and the pending wait while they build and ship is killing me. I emailed/tweeted to Bridgestone regarding shipping to Canada yesterday but heard nothing back (yet) so I just made alternate arrangements. I have to get them shipped to WA State and then drive over the border to pick them up which works because I'm close, but it's still a PITA. I ran into a guy at the range who had them and he was kind enough to let me try them out and it was love at first swing.
Ordered my set with GPND Grips, PXi 6.0 shafts, 1* flat and 2* weak to give me a 48* PW. The "old school" lofts are something I've wanted for quite some time as the set I gamed for years prior to my CG7's and R11's was this way and a 44* PW...errr 10 iron just never felt right to me. I plan to use my 52,56,60 CG14 wedge setup until I can afford to get a new 54/60 setup. It goes without saying that I am itching to receive these.

Congrats Army! I think the PXi's in these are going to be a great combo.

Awesome Army! Let us know your thoughts once you get them, throw some pictures up!

Glad to see you got it worked out Army. Still waiting on mine to arrive, and my wife can't wait, so I will stop bugging her, "Did they arrive today". Every day, it's the first question I have when walking in the door.

Glad to see you got it worked out Army. Still waiting on mine to arrive, and my wife can't wait, so I will stop bugging her, "Did they arrive today". Every day, it's the first question I have when walking in the door.
Yeah man Im definitely on pins and needles waiting for these. The hard part is practicing with irons you know you are about to replace...its like taking your girlfriend out to dinner to break up with her.

After playing the 3/6/9 iron test set for about a month and a half I really hated to give them back to GG on Saturday! I hit these so pure and that is with the wrong shaft and the wrong lie angle....can't wait to get a set with a proper lie and shaft in them!!

Thats awesome Army. I really wish they were available in Canada. I have never even seen a Bridgestone club in person. Really cool to pick them up in WA.

Back