NHL 2012-2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy Boucher fired by the Lightning. I know they are struggling but I didnt see this coming.
Agreed, I don't think he was the root of their problem.

Kovy out 2-4 weeks ugh.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

As always, very excited for Pittsburgh/Philly. Penguins have been money defensively lately - always a good test regardless of how bad the Flyers have blown this year.

In other news, sounds like Brenden Morrow to the Penguins? I really like the addition but I hope they get more than just Brenden Morrow if they're moving Joe Morrow.

As always, very excited for Pittsburgh/Philly. Penguins have been money defensively lately - always a good test regardless of how bad the Flyers have blown this year.

In other news, sounds like Brenden Morrow to the Penguins? I really like the addition but I hope they get more than just Brenden Morrow if they're moving Joe Morrow.
I'd trade Brendan for Joe any day. But I'd rather have Iggy.

Caps go to MSG tonight for a big game with the Rangers. They need to keep up the momentum and end this road trip on a high note.

It was down to Pitt and Boston but Morrow just chose Pitt.

Kind of a steal if you ask me on Pitts end.

We also still have $4M cap space left.

I don't know who I want.

Would fit perfect with this squad in my opinion. Big, physical, stay-at-home defenseman.

Letang-Despres
Orpik-Martin
Regehr-Niskanen

Eaton, Engo as your 7th/8th.

At this point in the season, I think I'd take Eaton over Despres to be honest.

Of course, if Eaton continue his solid play it lessens the need for a defenseman. Might be content moving forward. This trade really gives the Penguins three lines again - pushes Bennett down to the third line. I think he will do well in that spot. That's a great third line.

At this point in the season, I think I'd take Eaton over Despres to be honest.

The upside with Despres is just too high. He's a fast, puck-moving defenseman. Underrated physical element to his game as well.

I'd be more inclined to say that it this point I'd rather have Eaton in there than Orpik.

I still say "Bring me Iggy!"

I still say "Bring me Iggy!"

I think the price is too high. If the going for Brenden Morrow is Joe Morrow..I'd be afraid to see what it is for Iggy.

And I just don't see where he fits right now. I want Beau Bennett in the lineup. Right now, you're looking at:

Kunitz - Crosby - Dupuis
Morrow - Malkin - Neal
Cooke - Sutter - Bennett
And then some combination of Glass - Vitale - Jeffrey - Adams - Tyler Kennedy; my preference would be Adams - Vitale - Kennedy

This move adds some skill to the fourth line (and hopefully somehow puts an end to the Tanner Glass experiment). I think Tyler Kennedy is dreadful but will be a solid fourth line player.

Iggy takes Dupuis spot, who would then move down to the 3rd line with Sutter and Cooke. That's what they were saying the other day anyways.

There aren't many d-men that are up for trade right now I don't think.

Iggy takes Dupuis spot, who would then move down to the 3rd line with Sutter and Cooke. That's what they were saying the other day anyways.
They would never take Dupuis away from Crosby. Never. Although I guess now that I think of it, Kunitz has been killing it...

Yeah, I'm sure that's what would happen. I don't think I want to touch that first line though.

I understand Dupuis does well there, but Iggy is a former 50 goal scorer and played with Crosby during the Olympics. That line gets better.

True! I say again, "Bring me Iggy!"

Jerome Iginla is one of my favorite NHL players. Would love to see him in the black and gold.

And the Morrow deal is official.

I get the sense that the asking price for Iginla would probably be something along the lines of a high-end D prospect, Beau Bennett, and a first.

No thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back