2013 Ohio v Michigan outing: TreeTops

No, its alright we are having a competition, I will play from wherever we set. And he's about the same as me 10-12 hcp.

Good luck to all of you guys - I just received our annual e-mail for our friendly outing as well for the last weekend in July, should be awesome!

I'll be interested to what shape those courses are in at that point. Gaylord still has about 3 feet of snow on the ground (4 in the woods) and are expected to get another 1-2 feet through Thursday. I live near Bellaire and I know Shanty Creek does not even expect to open their courses until late April at the earliest.

I'll be interested to what shape those courses are in at that point. Gaylord still has about 3 feet of snow on the ground (4 in the woods) and are expected to get another 1-2 feet through Thursday. I live near Bellaire and I know Shanty Creek does not even expect to open their courses until late April at the earliest.

We went the same time last year (first week of may) and it was immaculate. Greens were perfect and same with fairways. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363697580.743908.jpg

Tapa Slice

Yes, but last year at this point we had been playing for almost two weeks! My guess is you will see early spring conditions given the course of this winter. Hopefully though we will have a good warm spell and things can open soon.

We went the same time last year (first week of may) and it was immaculate. Greens were perfect and same with fairways. View attachment 8549

Tapa Slice

Yes, but last year at this point we had been playing for almost two weeks! My guess is you will see early spring conditions given the course of this winter. Hopefully though we will have a good warm spell and things can open soon.

I'm just trying to stay positive lol

Tapa Slice

Sorry, didn't mean to rain (or snow as it were) on the parade - just wasn't sure if you all were aware of how much snow we still have up here - I was shocked to drive an hour south and see no snow on the ground over the weekend.

I'm just trying to stay positive lol

Tapa Slice

Sorry, didn't mean to rain (or snow as it were) on the parade - just wasn't sure if you all were aware of how much snow we still have up here - I was shocked to drive an hour south and see no snow on the ground over the weekend.

Yea the weather has been real annoying in Cleveland too. Yesterday it was freezing rain during the day and then mid 40s overnight lol followed by snow today

Tapa Slice

Off hand idk

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

The buddy shoots to about a 10 give or take

I'm a Michigan alum. Go Blue!

The only michigan competitor left of the course I think

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Ya but he's on team red

Lol ok well we need to come up with a better name for this. Maybe something that might stick and turn into a yearly event

Tapa Slice

Red vs grey showdown

that could work. maybe something like the Scarlet and Grey Cup?

Something like that scarlette and grey the bears cup

Brutus Cup and have the teams pick their names??

I like that I'm still team scarlett

To make every round competitive and figure out our teams maybe we should have each team as a foursome then what we can do is everyone plays their own ball and score then at the end we can take the best score from each hole and use that as our total. Then best score gets the point. That way every round is competitive and we can feel out all the players. For the first round that is.

To make every round competitive and figure out our teams maybe we should have each team as a foursome then what we can do is everyone plays their own ball and score then at the end we can take the best score from each hole and use that as our total. Then best score gets the point. That way every round is competitive and we can feel out all the players. For the first round that is.

I really like this idea. We could also take total score from all four players on each team. This way every stroke matters

Tapa Slice

I really like this idea. We could also take total score from all four players on each team. This way every stroke matters

Tapa Slice

Ya whatever works. I was just say because we are starting out on the hardest course and I know our team has never played together, it would be a way for us to evaluate our team and still have a point up for the round. I suppose it could go either way, but say one person shoots a 10 on a hole, that pretty much takes the team out of that round.

Back