Need to plan a trip to Myrtle Beach with my wife.

crazygolfnut

Let's have fun out there!
Reaction score
Handicap
Ok, my wife suggested we plan a trip to Myrtle Beach. I was there in 1996 with a group of guys so I don’t remember much about where we stayed or played. I think we went around the end of October.

My question is where is a reasonable place to stay and play a few rounds with your wife? We usually go to Phoenix every other year and find good golf deals when we get there. I am not sure where to start with MB. We don’t have unlimited funds so we usually play on several rounds on nice courses with specials and then one round on a higher dollar course to end the week. Normally we will play five days in a row.

We are not sure when the best time of the year to play in MB. We need to consider when the best time of the year is to get good deals, where to say, the weather and we try to avoid crowds.

I know thats a lot of info to ask for so I want to thank you in advance. :act-up:

Look at this link http://www.legendsgolf.com/ , when we go over they include our breakfast and lunch with each round each day. We are staying in their villas this year as it will save us some travel time. The 3 onsite courses are all challenging and I would imagine you would be hard pressed to find accomodations and golf at a much better price.

Last edited:
Well, the good deals are to be had during the hottest part of the summer, July and August. They also give a good discount for the very early tee times, and then at least you're finishing before it gets too hot.

I've taken quite a few week long trips down there, and if you pick the right time and call ahead you can get good deals on stay and play. I'm not sure what your idea of a good deal is, but there's quite a few resort golf packages available. I did the Legends Stay and Play last year in August for $275 per person, but our rates were based on a 4 person group taking up the Condo. Included in that price were 3 nights stay, 3 rounds of golf, breakfast, lunch and 2 drinks and range balls.

Pretty good deal, I wouldn't call the courses the cream of the crop for the area, but for the price it was a good deal.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you click the banner above this thread and contact them and tell them you are a THPer, they have some great deals all the time and you get 2 of the best courses in the entire area.

Look at this link http://www.legendsgolf.com/ , when we go over they include our breakfast and lunch with each round each day. We are staying in their villas this year as it will save us some travel time. The 3 onsite courses are all challenging and I would imagine you would be hard pressed to find accomodations and golf at a much better price.

+1 for this option. Legends has 3 nice layouts, with one a Pete Dye and another a Tom Doak design.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you click the banner above this thread and contact them and tell them you are a THPer, they have some great deals all the time and you get 2 of the best courses in the entire area.

+1 here also, since I assume JB is referring to Caledonia and True Blue.

Also, you can do a South strand course package which can include the TPC.

Also, the Barefoot Resort has 4 courses which are all solid choices, with the Dye course being the best.

We're fans of the Litchfield resort. Its down on the southside of the Grand Strand not far from Pawley's Island. They have ties in to several courses. www.litchfieldbeach.com

I have used myrtlebeachgolfmasters everytime I have gone and love their service. We do the legends courses and love them. Breakfeast, and lunch and two drinks everyday is great. The courses are nice and they are all right there unless you want to go 40 minutes south down the the Heritage Club which is beautiful.

I am soooooo looking forward to playing in your company tournament at the legends this year!

I am soooooo looking forward to playing in your company tournament at the legends this year!

It is a great deal, we will be there 5 nights and won't even spend $500 apiece on the entire trip including the entry fee for the 3 day tournament. Looking forward to us having a blast in MB.

We did the Legends package last fall.....best deal we've had in the 7 years I've been going. We've booked thru Condolux....Greg Chin, I believe was his name. always been pretty good to us. Going next week with the family to a VRBO rental. We'll grab rounds from the Kiosk in Martin's Golf lobby. You can only book 2 days ahead but we got great rates that way in the past....$50-80 per round. Enjoy your trip!

I wish my wife was a golfer. Then I could go to Myrtle Beach some day. She's OK with me golfing on vacation, but she insists on there being something for her to do that she's interested in while I'm golfing. Unfortunately, hanging at the beach isn't in her wheelhouse. So it's typically Phoenix or Vegas or Denver (she's an outdoors girl, hiking, taking pictures and whatnot) so it's not like I'm complaining, but MB is somewhere I've always wanted to go but probably never will unless it's just with the guys - unfortunately my guy friends don't golf (well) so that's not likely to happen.

Thanks for everyone's input. It gives me some ideas on what to start researching.

Back