New nxt tour vs tour s

fox941

Reaction score
Handicap
I play q star now. Get good results all around except for chipping. Balls just run out too much. Looking at titleist balls to make sure I'm playing right ball. Which titleist ball ( tour or tour s)had less side spin off the tee ( driver) Thanks.

Both the NXT Tour and Tour S will have a similar cover to that of the Q-Star, so you will likely see similar results in terms of short game spin. According to Titleist, you will achieve similar spin off the tee out of the two balls.

One thing to note however, when a company promotes low driver spin or low spin off the driver in terms of golf balls, they are speaking of back spin. There are not too many balls that promote or market to less side spin (Bridgestone e6 comes to mind as 1).

One thing to note however, when a company promotes low driver spin or low spin off the driver in terms of golf balls, they are speaking of back spin. There are not too many balls that promote or market to less side spin (Bridgestone e6 comes to mind as 1).
Polara golf balls :laugh::laugh:

I know a pro that said he got the same numbers on trackman throughout the bag with the next tour s as he did with a pro-v1. He said it performed the same just felt a little harder and clickier.

If your in need of extra green side spin then you could try some of last years top end balls, like penta tp5 you should be able to get some deals on them, I don't know by the way because I live in the UK and if that don't work then you could always try the Bridgestone E5 they have a urethane cover to promote extra green side spin and if you want low driver spin then try the E7 or titleist velocity or something like that your best bet would be to try some out and compare them side by side to be honest, also try B-FIT online chat they usually help people very well.

If your in need of extra green side spin then you could try some of last years top end balls, like penta tp5 you should be able to get some deals on them, I don't know by the way because I live in the UK and if that don't work then you could always try the Bridgestone E5 they have a urethane cover to promote extra green side spin and if you want low driver spin then try the E7 or titleist velocity or something like that your best bet would be to try some out and compare them side by side to be honest, also try B-FIT online chat they usually help people very well.
last year's penta t5 s a good choice.. another to consider is wilson staff FG tour balls

My two cents.....try the e5. Like JB said, most spin claims have to do with BACKSPIN, however, I played the e6 last year and was very happy with it and the Q-Star. Both of which are supposed to help you "straighten" drives by eliminating the side spin. This year I tested the e5 and saw a marked increase in check on approaches and chips / pitches. I'm talking one hop and stop kind of difference! Maybe my swing got a little better, I don't know, but side spin has not been an issue with the e5 for me.

I will also say that the early results on the NEW Q-Star (2013) with Urethane "spin skin" have also sounded similar to the e5.

Keep us posted on where you landed.

J.

I agree with what everyone is saying on the thread. Been playing the NXT Tour for some time and also did some testing for Titleist for the NXT Tour and Tour S. If you are looking for side spin, they probably aren't the ball for you. Definitely a lot of backspin on the ball, which is something I like personally. I love the way the golf ball performs , but that being said - if you are looking for more side spin you might want to look at the Bridgestone e6 or Wilson Staff balls. I actually hit the Wilson Staff balls in February while on vacation and I was very impressed with how they performed.

Going to use some lower compression Wilson Staff balls this spring until the weather warms up. Good luck with your search!!

Back