The THP Bridgestone Championship - THP Invades Las Vegas

Lets try to keep this one to the event guys. THanks.

Out of who is going any poker players? How about a little THP WORLD POKER CHAMPIONSHIP ? :)

might want to check the post right above yours

Yeah, we may have a few surprises up our sleeves.

In lieu of golf on TV, can soon be now?

Please.

Pretty please.

Pretty please with a birdie on top.
I second Cookie's motion :)

I know you will let us know when it's time but I hate seeing this thread fall off the top 10.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Gotta say, I'm quivering with anticipation, waiting to hear what could possibly make this event even better

Same. Are guys planning on a Monday round anywhere before flying out?

I am planning on a Monday round.

Correct. My folks live in Vegas so I'm going to stay the extra night and get a little face time with them.

In other news, airline tickets are purchased: $293 from Portland for midday Friday/Monday flights. That was way better than Alaska - my normal carrier - which was $420 + luggage.

Who did you book with for this flight?

My favorite cigar smoking spot is the Irish pub at NYNY. They have a balcony that overlooks the strip that you take this small staircase to get to. Pint of guinness and a good smoke = happiness.

Count me in!

We will have some cool details coming out to go along with this event coming up soon.

Can't you wave the magic THP wand, give the details and make it be event day tomorrow?

This may be the first time I go to Vegas without giving my family out there a ring. My aunt and uncle live out in Summerlin, and I always visit with them when I go. This trip may be kept on the DL.

Business partner is in summerlin so if you want to take a quick ride out and have a easy call out of there til keep it quick, I can do that.

Also, for those of you looking for flights, look at airfarewatchdog. You can input dates, it searches all carriers, you can set a price alert, I now use it for most of my trips I can plan ahead for.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

@dan- my flight is with SW.

The other coaches here at school are INCREDIBLY jealous of this trip after I was telling them about it. Another reason its nice to not be coaching football anymore, golf in the fall.

I'm starting to get nervous that a Sunday departure will be necessary. Price difference in flights alone to wait til Monday are going to run us $200+. :beat-up:

Edit: Check that, price difference will be a little over $200 with room included. Not as bad but dang!

I'm starting to get nervous that a Sunday departure will be necessary. Price difference in flights alone to wait til Monday are going to run us $200+. :beat-up:

Edit: Check that, price difference will be a little over $200 with room included. Not as bad but dang!

It will come down as we get closer, it should in theory be cheaper to fly out monday eventually than sunday

Dont panic Joe Dirt. It will come down.

Has anyone done the ship your golf bag with fed ex or UPS thing? If so did it work ok and how was the price? Reason I ask is I can book now on allegiant right out of springfield for dirt cheap but the bags with are out of hand. I can book round trip with them for about $240. SW is around $400 and I would have to drive to Kansas city.
I am going to check the Fed Ex deal now, but would feel better if someone who has used that service lets me know what they thought about it

Has anyone done the ship your golf bag with fed ex or UPS thing? If so did it work ok and how was the price? Reason I ask is I can book now on allegiant right out of springfield for dirt cheap but the bags with are out of hand. I can book round trip with them for about $240. SW is around $400 and I would have to drive to Kansas city.
I am going to check the Fed Ex deal now, but would feel better if someone who has used that service lets me know what they thought about it

I have shipped it. No issues. Done it with UPS too.

I actually read an article on Yahoo the other day that said that September and October are historically the cheapest months to fly.
That makes a lot of sense, after summer break but before the holidays.

How much is the extra night room charge going to be?

Ithink that is the way for me to go. I can just take one small carry on the plane, not having to drive to KC is owth at least $100 anyway :)

I have shipped it. No issues. Done it with UPS too.

By going directly to the Rio's website they look to be quite cheap for Sunday night. $63 for a room with 1 king bed.

tough to beat that!

That definitely makes up for a potentially higher plane ticket home on Monday.

Like others said, prices will change but I am really surprised to see higher prices on Monday than Sunday for flights home. Mine was exactly the opposite. Plus this way.....you can have a little fun on Sunday night. You know you want to.

Back