Tiger Woods Regains #1 - Wins Arnold Palmer Invitational - WITB

I think it all comes down to him being with blonde hair and blue eyes again. All his recent success is thanks to his new girl.

I find it interesting he goes from PW to 56* and 60* that is quite a gap.

That's what you call old school. It used to be the way they all played

IMO, he still has some level of dominance. Some of his irons out of deep rough round obstacles at long distances and still make the green, not many of the athletic youngsters can do that.
His A game putting, might as well call it a day...........Done, game over!

Always awesome to see Tiger win. Though want to see Rory get back to his form last year as well so we can see some battles.

Great picture
BGOSgcVCAAAFpBY_zps0aa2a61c.jpg
I want to know what's so funny?

"Rickie actually thought he was going to win for a second there Arnie!"

Day 1 at Augusta will be very telling for Tiger. He's gone to a slight fade almost exclusively and everyone knows that Augusta is set up for a slight draw ball flight.

With that being said I still wouldn't mortgage my home against Tiger winning. He is truly amazing and will end his career as the greatest golfer to ever live. How cool that we've all had the opportunity to watch him play!

I heard this guy named Jack did well hitting fades there

I think it all comes down to him being with blonde hair and blue eyes again. All his recent success is thanks to his new girl.
+1. Stress relief is key.

Tiger is no doubt one of the best golfers to ever live....
People say the playing field is more level now with Tiger's age and the young gun's coming up...

Look.... Tiger still have a good 10+ years left.... Tiger will get the major's and will win 100+ events...

He has established himself now after the drought and now if he's within 4 shots of any lead on Sunday, I don't care who it is somebody better watch out....

He played the course perfect today... No need in trying to make birdies until someone closed the gap....

Congrad's Tiger....

I find it interesting he goes from PW to 56* and 60* that is quite a gap.

That's what I said in one of his previous WITB and someone pointed it out to me as well that his PW has a higher loft than is typical.

Tiger has been quite dominant in his wins this year. I'm really excited to see how the rest of the year shapes up. I think the most intriguing thing to me is with Rory getting back into form, will he and Tiger finally start their "rivalry" that the media and most golf fans desperately want to see.

Day 1 at Augusta will be very telling for Tiger. He's gone to a slight fade almost exclusively and everyone knows that Augusta is set up for a slight draw ball flight.

With that being said I still wouldn't mortgage my home against Tiger winning. He is truly amazing and will end his career as the greatest golfer to ever live. How cool that we've all had the opportunity to watch him play!

Tiger has won Augusta playing a fade. The greens require hit soft fades that stop on a dime. Not sure I have herd of Augusta setting up for a draw game.

his game still has some room for improvement, but I think his attitude will determine his finish at Augusta. If he can shrug off a few inevitable mistakes and keep plugging along, he'll do fine. That's most of what fouled him up last year, he wanted it too much, and got too frustrated on missed shots and allowed it to affect multiple shots.

Tiger has won Augusta playing a fade. The greens require hit soft fades that stop on a dime. Not sure I have herd of Augusta setting up for a draw game.

It all goes back to people saying Martin Kaymer changed his swing to hit a draw because it favours Augusta off the tee.

As you said though, Tiger has done it with a fade in the past. Jack was dominantly a fader of the ball.

I think it favors a draw off the tee but a fade is preferred into the greens for the reason you stated. At least that's what I've always heard. "They" always said Trevino couldn't win there because of that. Now whether some of the changes they have made over the years has reduced the need for the draw off the tee, I don't know.

There are as many draw shots needed vs fade that it's almost a wash. Winners there have their short games on display and putt lights out.

Lets just day you need every shot in the bag To win at Augusta.

He's worked darn hard to regain this top spot. Seems like its good timing for the game as a whole. How many majors will he win? No telling, but you gotta believe his favorited for at least the Masters, not sure about US Open at Marion....

The question for me now really becomes how long will he keep it at #1!!!!

Well I'm late to a fun discussion as usual and so I will just write what I think and no one will read it lol. Take this for what it's worth as I'm a huge Tiger homer.

He is back. He is back as good as he has ever been. Maybe a bit more streaky but I think he is getting past the streaky part and getting back to the every dang tournament he enters he has a phenomenal chance of winning phase. His ball striking is incredible. I take his word for it that he is hitting the ball better than he ever has.

He finally seems to have his short game distance down. He doesn't seem to have as many fly the green shots as he was having. His putting looks to be back as well and when it comes down to it that was always what completely set him apart from everyone else. If he needed to make a putt he made it. Every dang time. He's got his short game mojo back.

I think we are set up for another run from him. He is the overwhelming favorite at Augusta. I think he will win it but possibly he will put too much pressure on himself. He will win at least 1 major but I think more. He's got a very good possibility of 3-4 more regular tour wins as well. He's back to winning on his courses. Now it's time to start winning those majors again. I think he does

Back