Shaft rattle question

tequila4kapp

Tom Watson called to say “Hi”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
USGA 13.5
I traded for a shaft and installed it w/out issue. I recently noticed if the head is allowed to drop say an inch or two to the ground the end of the shaft rattles. It is kind of hard to tell but maybe it sounds like the rattle is as high up as the grip, maybe a little lower than the grip. Not 100% sure. Any ideas what this could be? How do I fix it?

Usually just old epoxy. Nothing bad. It should get stuck eventually.

you could remove the grip and see if you can shake it loose

In the shaft is the easiest rattle to fix--just remove the grip and shake it out. Depending on how you do your grips it would only cost you a grip at most--I do my own grips with air so its easy to fix. Rattles in the head of a FW or driver are more fun and require tac glue and pulling the clubhead.

In the shaft is the easiest rattle to fix--just remove the grip and shake it out. Depending on how you do your grips it would only cost you a grip at most--I do my own grips with air so its easy to fix. Rattles in the head of a FW or driver are more fun and require tac glue and pulling the clubhead.

I agree. You will just have to remove the grip.

Sometimes rattles that sound like they are in the shaft are actually caused by tip weights that did not get epoxied in place. These can be more difficult to quiet.

Thanks everyone. THP comes through again - it is a simple little thing, unless you don't know it is a simple little thing.

Back