Reggae Music Thread

TheCrest4

#UrbanLumberJack
Reaction score
Handicap
YES I am a white man starting a Reagge music thread. Don't really care please mod if there is one already please merge. The power of positive thinking is Huge and no one does it better than Reagge artists. #trustme Burning Spear and Steel Pulse!

Reggae should always be played in pubs. No better music to relax and have a beer to!

Dennis Brown....

This thread makes me happy. I love Reggae music. I've played in several Reggae bands and write and play reggae music solo as well. I've had the honor of opening for Black Uhuru, Pablo Moses and the Meditations, Eek a Mouse, the Skatalites to name a few. There's so many great Reggae artists out there I love. Good stuff.

I could listen to "Three little birds" all the time.

Heptones - Book of Rules a classic I get stuck in my head a lot.

I like myself a bit of reggae music to just groove to. I really like UB40.

Bob marley bufflo soldier and jammin,i shot the shieff in the rotation always lookin for new stuff..Yeah Man

Last edited:
Heck yes! I'm aware of some of the bigger names in past history, what albums are on your "hot" list?

I have a ton of Lee Perry cd's lying around that get into regular rotation during BBQ's at my house. great music to have in the background and to relax to over a cold beverage.

Used to be a huge fan. Burning Spear was a lady getter back in the late 90's.

Don't listen to it a lot, but I have a little Derrick Morgan on the iPod along with some Bob Marley.

On UVerse TV, channel 5111, is the Reggae music channel. I listen to it almost every night. I couldn't name a singer or band, except for Marley. But, it is great music.

Reggae Music Thread

I've been a big reggae fan for years. Being in a college town, we get a lot of small acts playing the pubs. New school stuff like Rebelution and the Expendables play the area frequently.

Just a couple weeks back I got to cross a big bucket list show off the list. Ziggy Marley (who was excellent) and his opening act was my favorite, Steel Pulse! Those guys killed it, but did not play my favorite song, Stepping Out.

Checkered, that's really cool. Black Uhuru has been a favorite for years.

I grew up going to the Jazz and Reggae Fest at UCLA over the memorial day weekend. Seen all the acts of the late 80's and early 90's. Some of the best days chilling on a blanket or beach chair in the sun, rockin away and soaking up the good vibes. If I move back to LA it is something I'll definitely rekindle.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

This thread makes me happy. I love Reggae music. I've played in several Reggae bands and write and play reggae music solo as well. I've had the honor of opening for Black Uhuru, Pablo Moses and the Meditations, Eek a Mouse, the Skatalites to name a few. There's so many great Reggae artists out there I love. Good stuff.

Wow that is awesome! Some great artists that you were able to see first hand must have been a great experience. I am always looking for more artists to check out thanks for the suggestions!

Barrington Levy on via Google Music Unlimited. Cant beat it

wouldn't say I'm a huge fan but Steel Pulses True Democracy and Earth Crisis are always in rotation,and love the song Night Nurse by Gregory Isaacs

Aint no stopping Sister Nancy.....

Lots of Burning Spear tonight just a great band

Got some Bob Marley and Peter Tosh albums on my iPod. When I hook it on my car stereo when I go to work it makes live a lot more fun in the traffic jams :D

Barrington Levy blasting and hockey on mute...... Honestly never thought I would love this genre as much as I do but....... Please give it a try if you can

Back to Barrington....... Rob and Gone

I heard Burning Spear in the Starbucks this morning it was awesome. My wife always asks me to stop singing as I am embarrassing her...... :)

I heard Burning Spear in the Starbucks this morning it was awesome. My wife always asks me to stop singing as I am embarrassing her...... :)
I always get slack for dancing when I hear reggae out and about. Can't help it though hahaha.

Back