Scorecard Holders - Who Uses One?

fupresti

Former Big Deal
Reaction score
Handicap
Marriage
I recently purchased a cheap scorecard holder, a Callaway model. I liked the idea of going analog with my scorekeeping. Seems so hipster, but I wondered it relying on Golfshot for my iPhone to track my score was a distraction. I was always fiddling with my phone to enter my details. I though maybe using a tried and true scorecard would be a good way to simplify my scorekeeping and see if it helped me focus on my game. I saw Hawk purchased a kangaroo one and have been looking at them online and man are there some options out there!

Do you use one? What kind? Post a pic, I would like to see what everyone is using.

I will be picking one up this season.

To be honest, it's one of those things I have always wanted, but never looked for. Now that I keep my stats a little more in detail, I always have an extra card just for me, so this would be great for that.

JM

My back pocket doesn't count? I, too, have taken to using pencil and paper to track my score, for very similar reasons. I've been getting a bit hung up on distances and carry and whatnot, and realized I haven't been paying enough attention to the elements. Ball above/below the feet, elevated green, wind, etc. So my phone has gone away for awhile. I can write things down just as well.

Always wanted to get one, but I just never got around to getting one.

I use one, and it works well. It's built in to the cart. Always holds it securely, too

I have one I use in tournaments. I'm going to upgrade to a fancier one this season. Not sure if I want to go full custom or just get sort of stock handmade one that i see floating around the bay.

Don't have one but want one. Looking at getting one of the Nead Covers, they're leather and pretty sweet.

No, I use the GPS on my phone too much, and also love the progressive scoring when playing with mates so I will stick with digital scoring. However accessories are great, so get two.

I like my Golfshots. I found myself fiddling with a score card more than the phone so I went back to it. That is if you still want to track everything on your scorecard that you put into the app. If all you do is write the stroked then it's no big deal probably.

I get the cheap one at PGA Superstore. They last about a year and that is walking quite a few rounds. It is good for keeping the card dry in sweat and rain.

Was looking to pick one up soon, just keep forgetting. Some nice ones on eBay made of leather, snakeskin, stingray, etc. Vokey has a nice one also.

Scorecard Holders - Who Uses One?

I'm thinking about ordering one from here after I customize it: http://epheadcovers.com/product-category/scorecardholders

Here is mine from EP ...

va2y5y7e.jpg

ydymu7em.jpg

da6y4y5y.jpg

I love it!

On my scorecard I keep the following stats: score, FIR (direction of miss), distance of my drive, # putts, and penalties. I don't keep track usually of sand shots but I have thought about it. The rest, I let OOB calculate it for me when I enter my scores in when I get home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a couple of Callaway ones that I use to help me track stats during the round. I may pick up a nicer one this season since I have made it through two seasons without losing one.

Just had a custom one made. Will get used since I walk most of my rounds, but also had a lot of sentimental type value in the way I designed it.

Nope. I have not yet found the desire/need to have one.

That's why I am looking at one for our local tournaments. I currently just take a scorecard from the course and stick my tournament scorecard inside of that with the local rules for the day in there. Plus I figure a scorecard holder has to be worth a shot or more :)

I'm thinking about ordering one from here after I customize it: http://epheadcovers.com/product-category/scorecardholders

I purchased one from here, pretty good especially given the customization options. Not the quality of the Jacob Hill leathers scorecard holders, but maybe a quarter of the price. The only issue I have with it is the interior pocket is a little tight for a couple cards when I have played.

Not for me but I would get a custom one if I was in the market for one.

Back