What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awesome. I'll be his golfing buddy lol.

Played Ole Gray and KellyBo's home course, Monroe Country Club. This was my first time out on the course and I was pleased with how I played considering that. It certainly helped to be playing in KB's group as she gave some invaluable guidance around the track.

33013skycaddiescorecard_zpsbd44b50c.jpg

Typically a good round for me is dependent upon how many greens I hit. I did not hit a green in regulation today until #15. In spite of it, I was only one over up until then (scrambled my tail off all day). I ended up playing the last 4 holes even to shoot 71.

Strong to have hit so few GIRs. Nice shooting.

Played Ole Gray and KellyBo's home course, Monroe Country Club. This was my first time out on the course and I was pleased with how I played considering that. It certainly helped to be playing in KB's group as she gave some invaluable guidance around the track.

33013skycaddiescorecard_zpsbd44b50c.jpg
Impressive cljohnst, that is a great score on that course IMO. I have yet to break 90, I doubled the 18th last time to shoot 90 even for my best round there, so hopefully next time.

Yesterday was my first round of 2013. While i wasnt officially keeping score, i was turrible. 65 - 61 = 126. Atrocious ball striking, way too many penalties and weak putting. Thankfully i hit about 100 balls today at the range and temporarily resolved my issue at address and making consistent contact regularly. No where to go but up! (I hope)

My boss is hurting for golfing buddies so bad he let me leave 3 hours early to go play with him. And he paid for it.

True definition of a win-win

Try the right thread this time.

Monkey = off back.

39/40
9/14 FIR
6 GIR
29 putts

1 Under 70 from a very long 6400 yards at TPC Deere Run.

I'm liking this year already.

Wow, well done boys. Something in the water up there?

I had a horrifying round today. It was simply a forgettable round and I'm kinda bummed about it. I know I'll be back but today was just not cool. The score itself wasn't that bad but I was just out of control...balls were going where I wasn't trying to make them go and I hate that feeling.

My boss is hurting for golfing buddies so bad he let me leave 3 hours early to go play with him. And he paid for it.

That's my kind of boss!

Played 9 today. Shot a 40 with 15 putts. Pretty happy just need to clean up some iron issues

Finally it my first to understand if the season. 47/44 - 91.....all things considered not awful, new clubs, course wasn't in great shape. Sand everywhere on the greens. Soggy and wet conditions.... I'll take it for my opening round.

Dan

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

I shot 38 the other day hitting 7 greens. And a double.

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

Damn dude, don't know how you do it. PA winters demolish my game. It takes me a month and a half to get back to breaking 40 once I can start playing regularly.

81 with 34 damn putts at RedTail (41/17-40/17). first 9 took 3 hours, back nine took 1.5hrs, and the last four holes were pitch black. birdied the last hole with a chunk'd shot. edit: 7 GIR's, 5 FIR's, 1 U&D, two doubles.
finally it my first to understand if the season. 47/44 - 91.....all things considered not awful, new clubs, course wasn't in great shape. Sand everywhere on the greens. Soggy and wet conditions.... I'll take it for my opening round.

Dan

sent from my sgh-t999 using tapatalk 2

you got a fw!!!

Damn dude, don't know how you do it. PA winters demolish my game. It takes me a month and a half to get back to breaking 40 once I can start playing regularly.

I'm used to Canada winters. My game is good coming out of the gate but then i let bad habits in. I hit a ton of fairways too and hit it to 2 feet twice.

This year feels different though. I feel like this is a starting point and I'll only keep improving I think.

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

My game is good coming out of the gate but then i let bad habits in.

Nice 9 you posted! This sounds familiar. Sometimes the best fix for my game is to take 2-3 weeks off without touching the clubs.

44/55=99 with 39 putts. Best ball striking round in awhile with my irons. Really working on staying down on my irons and having a smooth tempo. Drove it pretty well, but I've been also relying on a solid 220 yd 4-iron that I'm getting a lot of confidence in using off the tee. Gotta get this putting figured out and hopefully I'll be back in the 80s where I belong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Played at World Woods (Rolling Oaks). Shot an 85. Shot 40 on the front, then things got bad.

What did you think of the course, we played there a couple of years ago on a trip and it was our favourite, loved the design by Tom Fazio?

84. 41/43. Couldn't hit a solid shot all day and put 2 into water hazards on two different par 3's including #18. Thank god my trusty putter didn't leave me.

44/55=99 with 39 putts. Best ball striking round in awhile with my irons. Really working on staying down on my irons and having a smooth tempo. Drove it pretty well, but I've been also relying on a solid 220 yd 4-iron that I'm getting a lot of confidence in using off the tee. Gotta get this putting figured out and hopefully I'll be back in the 80s where I belong.

Wow, that is totally unlike you to use so many putts, where did you play?

40/42
Yesterday was my first full day of golf since the THP in Dallas I have spent all the other time on the range. After many swing changes and a new driver it's all finally coming together I think.
82 degrees and pretty calm and a light rain on Friday night made the greens a bit more soft.
I hit all but 1 fairway with my new driver and ball. Chipping and putting is what I need to work on now.
I was driving the ball extremely well and allot longer than I am used to which made the par 4s pretty easy and actually got on a par 5 in 2 which never happens.
My ball flight is a bit higher with the XHOT and has quite a bit more carry than my 910d2 did even at it's highest loft setting. It must be the shaft that is agreeing with me.

My playing partner was saying that my swing looked effortless compared to my grip it and rip it normal swing.
Funny thing I noticed, I wasn't tired after my round at all, usually my shoulders and feet are killing me but smoothing out my swing has evidently taken a bunch of the strain off.

After my grandsons Easter Egg hunt today, I plan on another round as I am not stiff or sore at all.

What did you shoot today?

Wow, that is totally unlike you to use so many putts, where did you play?

Green Acres in Dexter. Super slow greens and a couple of impossible hole locations. Missed two or three 5 footers. The entire group struggled. Still trying to get that Scottsdale TR figured out, too. Happy Easter!

we tried to do a points game on Friday in a light rain, but after about 5 holes the steady sprinkle turned into a steady harder rain that just didn't let up. We all called it quits after 9. I carded a 47 with a bunch of bogeys. Just couldn't seem to get the iron game working.

yesterday, we played in the opening day scramble at our club. Unbelievably bad play for me. I didn't hit a playable drive all day and only had 1 real decent shot off a tee box all day. I put us on the green on a 185 yd par 3. Duffing/topping shots all day, swinging outside to in and slicing/shanking...I felt like a beginner. Putted well but couldn't get one to drop on the first putt if my life depended on it. Nothing felt right with any part of my game all day.

In my defense, the course is still in winter shape. Tight lies everywhere and it was soaking wet from Friday's rain so everyone was having a hard time but I still have some unresolved fundamental tempo issues going on and probably ought to go see my swing doctor for another prescription.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back