Scorecard Holders - Who Uses One?

I am still on the fence about getting one. Not sure if I really need it and how well I would like it. It might come on handy for tournaments and the like though.

More research to come...

I have been using my back pocket now that I've begun to walk more. That leads to the card getting bent and moist if I sweat. Thinking about picking up a Nead scorecard holder.

For me it's when I'm sweating I don't want my card to get wet.

I have been using my back pocket now that I've begun to walk more. That leads to the card getting bent and moist if I sweat. Thinking about picking up a Nead scorecard holder.

This is the main reason that I might get one, hate when the card gets wet and torn up in my back pocket while walking.

That EP deal is pretty tempting....

This is the main reason that I might get one, hate when the card gets wet and torn up in my back pocket while walking.

That EP deal is pretty tempting....

Just looked into the EP deal. Let the pondering begin.

Never have I, and never will I. I just don't see the point? I put it in my back pocket if I'm carrying or in my clicgear when I use it. Golf is full of gimmicks and people trying to one up everyone with new clubs, bags, balls, clothes etc etc etc. If you want to show me up then do it with your game, I couldn't care less about what gimmick you use, least of all one for which there are plenty of free alternatives.
Thought about this comment on my drive in to work and debated replying or not. If you knew me, you'd know there really was never a doubt that I would reply, just how it was going to be worded. ;)

Here is the thing. In a sport where a bad score is a #FirstWorldProblem, and a single lost ball - no matter how cheap it was - could feed a child in an impoverished country for at least a day, raising the argument about gimmicks and showing people up is ... well, it's absurd. I use a scorecard holder not because I want to impress anyone. If we played tomorrow, I wouldn't care one iota what you thought about me, or my gear, or my game. I'm out there to have fun, not impress or show off. I use the scorecard holder because it keeps moisture off the card, and it's easier to get in and out of my back pocket (especially when I am walking). Since I use it while I walk, it's typically in use when I'm alone because 90% of the time I am walking, I am playing a round alone. It's not a gimmick, it's a tool and we are a society based on technology and using tools to make life simpler, easier, and more enjoyable.

The argument you used can be applied to every facet of the game. From clubs (game a Scotty Cameron recently?), to clothes, to accessories. It can be applied to life, from big houses, to flashy cars, to suits and dresses, to shoes, to the designer dog you walk at the end of a gold leash. My reply to it all is: Who cares. Take care of you and yours, because that's what matters. If someone wants to sink $X into something, that's their deal. Not mine.

For me, I just stick my scorecard in my back right pocket.

I just found his post amusing. I guess I should stop wearing my fancy clothes, using my fancy laser or GPS and go back to using my hickory shafted sticks and feather balls as these are surely all gimmicks I have been purchasing to intimidate someone on the golf course lol.

I ordered one last night from EP. It's a great deal and I have been wanting to get one for a while. Will post pictures when it comes.

Here is mine from EP ...

va2y5y7e.jpg

ydymu7em.jpg

da6y4y5y.jpg

I love it!

On my scorecard I keep the following stats: score, FIR (direction of miss), distance of my drive, # putts, and penalties. I don't keep track usually of sand shots but I have thought about it. The rest, I let OOB calculate it for me when I enter my scores in when I get home.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

are you able to fit a small notepad in there?

are you able to fit a small notepad in there?
One of the ones with the spiral at the top? Yes, it fits. Not sure if the ones with the spirals on the side would work. Will get you exact dimensions when I get home tonight.

One of the ones with the spiral at the top? Yes, it fits. Not sure if the ones with the spirals on the side would work. Will get you exact dimensions when I get home tonight.

spiral on the top is the one I was thinking of. Thanks

You guys are bad influences! I just ordered my custom EP scorecard holder, only $37 shipped was too good to pass up. Black Lizard w/a touch of White Outback in the inside and my initials.

Its easier to take notes that way for me than with a phone

i've always wanted a nice scorecard holder, but couldn't fathom some of the prices of the top end ones with the exotic materials. an EP one is mighty tempting right now....

can anyone post pics of the inside of their holders and how they're utilized? eg. do you slide a notepad in there and use it as a yardage book/notes, or how does your scorecard fit in there? unfortunately my home club uses a book style left-right opening scorecard so i just don't know how to make those work?

My FIL bought me one of these a couple of years back from a local dealer. Quite honestly don't use it that much as I rarely walk. That's due to change this year though as I plan to walk for all league matches and play more courses that allow walking on weekends.

I've thought about grabbing something like this in the past but my current bag has a spot to hold the scorecard and it's very convenient when carrying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

My push cart has a place for the scorecard which I use, so no, but technically yes....

i've always wanted a nice scorecard holder, but couldn't fathom some of the prices of the top end ones with the exotic materials. an EP one is mighty tempting right now....

can anyone post pics of the inside of their holders and how they're utilized? eg. do you slide a notepad in there and use it as a yardage book/notes, or how does your scorecard fit in there? unfortunately my home club uses a book style left-right opening scorecard so i just don't know how to make those work?
I'll take some pics when I get home.

These notepads work really well in bad-ish weather. We use them out in the field at work.

I plan on using one this year. I have a cheap one now, that comes with cards to track some stats. Now I just need to use it and not take to long recording everything.

THP #theking #imwithchad

After using my phone a bunch last round (new course) and entering scores in there, I've concluded that the phone is a pain and I just stick to the card. Right now I just shove the card in my back pocket - I don't think I would pay for a scorecard holder. The only way I can see this helping is if it's waterproof - if it's raining and the card gets wet, good luck writing down scores.

I bought the Nead yardage book cover which I plan on using as a scorecard holder as well. I had to trim a scorecard to fit in it, but it will work.
4ubatedu.jpg

And while in Palmetto Dunes for the Invitational, I put the yardage book in it as it was designed, and am blown away at how everything fits.
nehyre3a.jpg

qaqu6edy.jpg

Never used one, probably never will - back pocket has worked fine for 40 years. If I had a notepad with detailed info on each hole like the pros it might be handy. But it doesn't rain here much and my ass doesn't sweat so protecting the scorecard from getting wet doesn't seem to be a factor for me. If I did have to play in the rain I could input scores on the GPS program in my phone and fill in the scorecard after the round.

I'm debating one of these something fierce. I just don't know if I should be looking at a yardage book cover or a scorecard holder. It would need to be big enough to hold a small ringed booklet and a professional yardage book if applicable. Some courses sell the good ones and they're a lot of fun to use.

Back