Scorecard Holders - Who Uses One?

I was going to order me from EP but I think I really want one with a pencil holder.

Back to the drawing board.

I just sent Justin an email asking if they could add a loop of material inside to hold a pencil, will see what he says.

I just sent Justin an email asking if they could add a loop of material inside to hold a pencil, will see what he says.

Thanks, I would want that as well.

That would be awesome if they could do that.

He is quick on the replies, he says because the way the holder is designed, if you put a pencil in the fold of the holder inside, the pencil will stay in there due to the tightness of the fold. So the answer is no pencil holder.

That makes sense and still doable I think.

www.linksandkings.com

As a disclosure, I used to do all the embroidery for this guy but don't any longer. We just go too busy to run 1 and 2 piece custom orders. His work is top notch and prices are reasonable. I'm almost positive his scorecard holder has a pencil slot in it.

He charges a fee for custom logos and the fee is steep for only one piece but maybe we could pull a group order together. Again, I'm not affiliated in any way but know he is local to me and his stuff is really nice.

I sent one as well. Figured 2 might be better than 1..haha

Edit: Just got a response. Shocked at how fast these guys communicate:

Ricky,

Thanks for contacting us. As of right now, we do not put "loops" in our scorecard holder. When you put a pencil the fold of your scorecard holder and close it, it will be very tight and it won't let your pencil slip out. Maybe in the future we will think about adding that, but as of right now, we want to stay away from it.

So, here's my thoughts on this.

I ordered a custom one of these last week after a long ponder. Mostly did it for personal reasons (aka sentimental), but figured since I carry my bag so often it may come in handy.

Used it for the first time today and I am bummed I waited so long to pull the trigger. First of all, I don't have to dig in my bag for the card. Second, the card isn't all crumpled up at the end of my round. Third, it has a pencil holder, so it's always there. It fit in the back pocket perfectly. Plus, it gives me a little structure to write on. Very happy with the purchase, though it obviously loses value if I'm not carrying a bag. Also, looks badass.

I ordered a custom one of these last week after a long ponder. Mostly did it for personal reasons (aka sentimental), but figured since I carry my bag so often it may come in handy.

Used it for the first time today and I am bummed I waited so long to pull the trigger. First of all, I don't have to dig in my bag for the card. Second, the card isn't all crumpled up at the end of my round. Third, it has a pencil holder, so it's always there. It fit in the back pocket perfectly. Plus, it gives me a little structure to write on. Very happy with the purchase, though it obviously loses value if I'm not carrying a bag. Also, looks badass.

Where'd you end up getting yours from?

Hawk, is yours strictly a scorecard holder or can you fit a yardage book in there easily as well?

Hawk, is yours strictly a scorecard holder or can you fit a yardage book in there easily as well?
Good point. I really enjoy using a yardage book when available

Good point. I really enjoy using a yardage book when available

Exactly. I may end up just getting a bunch of the those little notebooks and use those for courses that don't have the books.

Dammit Hawk. Now I want one.

No regrets at all.

Nead makes a pretty sweet one. Just saying

I really like the looks of that one. Dang it. Now I am in serious ponder mode.

Not sure if you bought from that exact guy on the bay or not, but i've bought a couple of the 'cash cover' type wallets from that seller and they've functioned well for a couple years now.

I demand pictures!

Also, Justin from EP finalized my design on Friday. Now the waiting game begins.

I demand pictures!

Also, Justin from EP finalized my design on Friday. Now the waiting game begins.

Waiting on my EP holder also. Can't wait. Can't say enough how easy and awesome Justin was to deal with. If he had any questions he emailed me immediately and I had a few questions for him and got responses back in MINUTES. That's not something you find every day.

Waiting on my EP holder also. Can't wait. Can't say enough how easy and awesome Justin was to deal with. If he had any questions he emailed me immediately and I had a few questions for him and got responses back in MINUTES. That's not something you find every day.
I used him for some custom driver covers for a client, great to work with.

Well after walking 9 today and by the time I got to the 9th my card was all bent and wrinkled and I just wasn't happy. Time to go ahead and make a ponder to a purchase. Just have to figure out what I want.

Well after walking 9 today and by the time I got to the 9th my card was all bent and wrinkled and I just wasn't happy. Time to go ahead and make a ponder to a purchase. Just have to figure out what I want.

I'm thinking the same thing. Really want to walk way more this year. And it's really something that would be beneficial since I don't have a cart or anything to house a card.

I'm thinking the same thing. Really want to walk way more this year. And it's really something that would be beneficial since I don't have a cart or anything to house a card.

There are obviously some better stuff out there but a custom holder with whatever logo and text and you can pick your textures for sub $50 is hard to beat.

Back