2014 Valero Texas Open (Spoilers)

jmatt

Fat b4 the shafts were
Reaction score
Handicap
horrific
It's golf, it's petroleum, it's Texas. There's a few folks fighting for their cards or exemptions, and a bunch who have other things to do.

DatesMarch 24 - March 30, 2014
Title SponsorValero Energy Corporation
Player Field144 Players
Format72 Hole Stroke Play
Purse$6.2 Million
Winner's Share$1,116,000
FedExCup Points500 to the Winner
Defending ChampionMartin Laird (70-71-70-63--274)
CourseTPC San Antonio - AT&T Oaks CourseCurrent PGA TOUR player Sergio Garcia lent his unique perspective in assisting celebrated golfer and renowned golf course architect Greg Norman with the design of the par-72, 7,522-yard AT&T Oaks Course at TPC San Antonio; a part of the JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort and Spa.

I went through my Fantasy picks tonight, and just as well. Would have been pretty lonely on my team.

Withdrawals (from PGA Tour website) include:

Stroud
Reed
Moore
Marino
CH III
Every
Herron
Calcavecchia

Phil's still listed as playing. HOW will he play? Gonna have to wait and see.

Picks in...time to call another winner and make the continued climb!

I still don't know what to do with my lineup, so many guys it seems that don't normally play this event.

I went through my Fantasy picks tonight, and just as well. Would have been pretty lonely on my team.

Stroud
Reed
Moore
Marino
CH III
Every
Herron
Calcavecchia

Thanks for the heads up. I had Every on my team, and would have hated to have wasted a pick.

Crap need to get to a computer to remove every

Did all of my picks early this morning and somehow it reverted back to my picks from last week. I'm screwed on this one.

Stroud
Reed
Moore
Marino
CH III
Every
Herron
Calcavecchia

BUmmer, I left Every in... I checked yesterday... Oh well...

Looks like I got the change just in time...every out and palmer in

I checked yesterday afternoon and now I'm screwed. Reed, Moore, Every all MIA on my team. ugh

Stroud
Reed
Moore
Marino
CH III
Every
Herron
Calcavecchia

This just sucks! I didn't even make my selections until 5:30 this morning and Moore and Reed still showed in.

Whoops overlooked reed...oh well

Maybe Moore as well

2014 Valero Texas Open (Spoilers)

Edit: not as bad as I thought. But I hate it for you guys who had selected them.

Looks like I got the change just in time...every out and palmer in

I think Palmer is going to be right in the thick of things. His statistics match up ridiculously good for this course and looking at the past winners.

This just sucks! I didn't even make my selections until 5:30 this morning and Moore and Reed still showed in.

That's just the way the site works. I got burnt a few weeks ago, so I check http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/gol/golf-player-news/ and the specific tournament website when I get a chance.
There doesn't seem to be anywhere that just lays out the withdrawals. Last year, one of the Fantasy Sites just flagged WDs in red and was pretty up to date. I'd go by that for the most part. Can't seem to find anything like that this year.

The problem that I ran into last night was that half of my team were not in the tournament anymore. Not sure why so many of my players were showing as playing, when I initially set up my team. I ended up changing 5 of my 10 picks. Not looking to do to good this week now. I don't think I have any players in the top 100 in the world in my line up.

I hope I have a winner in this bunch. After the tumble I took last week really need to have the trophy winner and someone else in the top 5:

Speith, Steele, Walker, Tringale, Hadley, Hoffman, Zach, Fuyrk, Kokrak, Jacobson

My team this week:

Jim Furyk 53%
Matt Kuchar 44%
Phil Mickelson 41%
Charley Hoffman 39%
Ryan Palmer 35%
Jason Kokrak 32%
Freddie Jacobson 29%
Ernie Els 19%
Brendan Steele 13%
Kevin Chappell 3%

The problem that I ran into last night was that half of my team were not in the tournament anymore. Not sure why so many of my players were showing as playing, when I initially set up my team. I ended up changing 5 of my 10 picks. Not looking to do to good this week now. I don't think I have any players in the top 100 in the world in my line up.

Why didn't you just change your whole team then? You can create a complete lineup any time until it closes, you aren't stuck with just replacing guys who aren't playing.

Dangit I had Reed, Every, and Moore. Wish I would have seen this last night.

Why didn't you just change your whole team then? You can create a complete lineup any time until it closes, you aren't stuck with just replacing guys who aren't playing.

I pretty much did. I did it late last night. I had Moore and Every, along with a few others that were not in this. I was checking the PGA website when I set up my team initially, but I guess the field changed during the week.

Looking for a winner. Seems we all have pretty similar teams this week....

Tringale, Chappell, Steele, Hadley, Kokrak, Jacobson, Hoffman, Z. Johnson, Palmer, Laird

Love watching this event, just to see tour players stare at mesquite and figure out how they are going to make a swing/shot.

what the heck is Speith doing .....hes going to be out of it on the 1st day.

what the heck is Speith doing .....hes going to be out of it on the 1st day.

He had issues with this tournament last year too. I don't understand why this one gives him fits. Maybe it's because so many friends and family are close by. Trying to hard or maybe distracted?

Back