Golf Pride Tour Velvet Super Tack Grips Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the review JB. Have always been a Golf Pride fan for my non-putter grips, I will certainly have to give these a try.

Solid price point and appears to be the solution to everyone's problem about not having the right grips for the humid months. Oh and that water test was cool!

I'm in the market for new grips might have to check these out. Have only tried tack on wedges in the past.

Putting these on the list for when I need new grips. Which should be soon if I keep swinging as much as I have been.

Looking at grips right now for the i25's. JB would you say these are in thebsame category as the I-lines as in staying tacky for an extended time. At a couple dollars cheaper would you say they are a strong competitor?

• Admin
Looking at grips right now for the i25's. JB would you say these are in thebsame category as the I-lines as in staying tacky for an extended time. At a couple dollars cheaper would you say they are a strong competitor?

Very different grips in my opinion. My personal preference is the I-Lines, but that is completely based on subjective thoughts. These might handle water a bit better than the I-Lines however.

JB, how do you these compare to the NDMC grips? These look they would be a little "softer" if that is the right word.

• Admin
JB, how do you these compare to the NDMC grips? These look they would be a little "softer" if that is the right word.

To me they are much softer. Im not a real cord guy, so I am probably the wrong person to ask, but I would prefer these.

These really do sound like awesome grips. Curious to see the different texture on top and bottom of these grips. This sounds interesting to me. If these hold up for any length of time, I will have to give these a look when changing out grips this year.

The information about heat and humidity is a huge factor for me. That's where grips make separate themselves from one another IMO.

These really have my interest. Down here in the south it gets really really hot and humid and it's not uncommon to lose a couple shots a round due to swampy grips and gloves. I'm due for new grips and these jump to the top of the list.

Great review JB.

Nice review here Josh! These sound like great performers for certain climates and could really alleviate some frustration on the course when it comes to slick grips.

Price is solid but they gotta get some other colors available....black is so 1970's. ;)

Very nice. The poor performance in humid conditions is the reason I am not a fan of the regular Tour Velvets. Sounds like they fixed that with this version.

Tour Velvets are my grip of choice. I can't wait to try these out. The water test was definately cool.

Very nice. The poor performance in humid conditions is the reason I am not a fan of the regular Tour Velvets. Sounds like they fixed that with this version.

Me too.

Like Erik, I stayed away because of the poor performance in humid conditions. Love when a company looks at their product and see a flaw and works to fix it. Seems like GP did a great job with these.

These sound like a good step in the right direction, and if they repel water like it looks like they do it will be a grip that is definitely in the mix.

When I saw the water test from the PGA show, I was interested, but after hearing about how well they perform, I'm excited to give these a try. I wear a glove n the summer because the regular tour velvets don't keep their grip with my sweaty palms, but sounds like these might fix that problem and allow me to play without a glove?

I need to check these out with the happenings in July on the horizon.

Any idea on longevity compared to the Winn dry tacks? I loved the feel initially but seemed to have worn down/changed rapidly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always been a Tour Velvet fan and have had limited humidity slippage issues. I will put this new version on for sure. Thank you for the report

These look a little soft for my liking....

Super intrigued by these. I prefer to play without a glove, and that can be a real challenge on wet and humid days. These look like they could be the answer for me.

Thanks for the review Josh. That water test was pretty unique.

Soft and tacky sounds right up my alley. With the rain we're getting now and humidity we'll be getting in a little bit, I might give these a try. Moreover, the color schemes intrigue me.

these have been on my list since PGA Show. That water demo was too cool to ignore. Really was amazed at how good that grip felt after being dunked in the water.

Back