Pain: Why do some hurt and some don't?

it has to do with your bodys makeup and how you workout and build the surrounding muscles. how flexable you are ect.

i was talking to my dad the other week he is one of 5 brothers and the only one who has not had any problems with his back. every other guy has had back surgery.

his doctor believes it was all the heavy labor he did in his 20's working in the steel mill that made all the muscles in his back stonger. which is very different to what i would think. but his one brother who is the least active sitting behind a desk for 25 years has had 2 back surgerys so who knows.

Yea but that can work the other way too. Very many physically tasking jobs can lead to one experienceing pains when they get older. I think its just natural selction and luck of the draw. But physically tasking labor on ones body certainly can take its toll on one who otherwsie may not have been normally in any kinds of troubles I think much more so than the other way around.

Just ask most any old football players how they feel every day. And i';m not even talking about the head injury stuff. Even without that so many of tghese guys have all kinds of ailments with all different body parts. I know the way they beat themselves up is a bit extreme vs the average physical job but the logic is the same.

Yea but that can work the other way too. Very many physically tasking jobs can lead to one experienceing pains when they get older. I think its just natural selction and luck of the draw. But physically tasking labor on ones body certainly can take its toll on one who otherwsie may not have been normally in any kinds of troubles I think much more so than the other way around.

Just ask most any old football players how they feel every day. And i';m not even talking about the head injury stuff. Even without that so many of tghese guys have all kinds of ailments with all different body parts. I know the way they beat themselves up is a bit extreme vs the average physical job but the logic is the same.

A lot of that comes back to how they treat (or ignore) injuries during the season. Though I think that also comes back to a reason some hurt and some don't. Eventually we'll all get injured. How we treat injury, and specifically how we treat ourselves while injured, has a lot to do with how we'll feel later in life. I think when we're hurt and we soldier through it, we create a lot of long-term imbalances that over the course of time cause some pretty long-term pain. I got hurt last September (pulled a groin muscle) that I ignored for a month until I literally could not lift anything. It took me until Christmas to feel right again. It set my golf game back, it set everything back, because I didn't want to rest for a week or so until I was 100%. Those are the kinds of injuries, the nagging ones, that can be ignored, that create those imbalances.

This is not an endorsement of quitting everytime we hurt or everytime we get hurt. But when you do get some time to rest, it's important to recuperate smartly and come back stronger.

A lot of that comes back to how they treat (or ignore) injuries during the season. Though I think that also comes back to a reason some hurt and some don't. Eventually we'll all get injured. How we treat injury, and specifically how we treat ourselves while injured, has a lot to do with how we'll feel later in life. I think when we're hurt and we soldier through it, we create a lot of long-term imbalances that over the course of time cause some pretty long-term pain. I got hurt last September (pulled a groin muscle) that I ignored for a month until I literally could not lift anything. It took me until Christmas to feel right again. It set my golf game back, it set everything back, because I didn't want to rest for a week or so until I was 100%. Those are the kinds of injuries, the nagging ones, that can be ignored, that create those imbalances.

This is not an endorsement of quitting everytime we hurt or everytime we get hurt. But when you do get some time to rest, it's important to recuperate smartly and come back stronger.

I'm sure your dad didnt take off every time he injured himself doing heavy work. If he did he would of spent alot of time out of work. I'm sure his bult up physical condition due to the job helped made him stronger and i can se what you mean that his built up muscles can help the situation alot but imo he is tsill lucky especially when it comes to the "back". Some people are just lucky while others have issues most of there lives and yet some have issues only once in a while. Someimes its just the luck of the draw.

I'm sure your dad didnt take off every time he injured himself doing heavy work. If he did he would of spent alot of time out of work. I'm sure his bult up physical condition due to the job helped made him stronger and i can se what you mean that his built up muscles can help the situation alot but imo he is tsill lucky especially when it comes to the "back". Some people are just lucky while others have issues most of there lives and yet some have issues only once in a while. Someimes its just the luck of the draw.

Wouldn't know. My old man got into the IT field in the early days. Lifted a lot of weights for fun, sure, but I don't remember a time when he ever had to do lots of manual labor for pay. I can honestly put myself in the same boat. I lift for fun far more than I'm required for work.

Wouldn't know. My old man got into the IT field in the early days. Lifted a lot of weights for fun, sure, but I don't remember a time when he ever had to do lots of manual labor for pay. I can honestly put myself in the same boat. I lift for fun far more than I'm required for work.

My apologies, oooopse, i confused you with the post from "ohio_stricker". If you look back you would see why my post would then make better sense. lol

Its likely down to technique, what you practice on, and shaft/club dynamics. Shock and vibration are the two most likely culprits for joint pain and they could come from something as simple as hitting a lot of shots thin.

I look at it from that direction becuse once I fixed my club path last year my tennis elbow disappeared and never showed back up all season. I truely believe from looking at it that casting and out to in path were the cause of tennis elbow for me.

Back