forgiving drivers

AK jr.

d2 college player
Reaction score
Handicap
ok heres the scoop. my dads birthday is a week or so before christmas, so a lot of times we kind of combine it and he doesn't get many gifts and presents. this year, my brother an i want to get him 2 things. we are going to sell one of the scotty camerons to get him a rife 2 bar hybrid for sure. but we also wanted to get him a new driver, cuz he doesn't really like his taylormade r7 anymore and in my opinion, the 905s he is playing is not forgiving enough for him. the reason he can hit it decently is because of the prolaunch blue shaft. so i need suggestions on a forgiving driver that comes with the prolaunch blue or a similar shaft, probably fuji or v2 highlaunch. i was thinking that ping and callaway tend to make forgiving drivers. so g10 and the old rapture are possibilities. but i am also looking at the callaway ft5, hyper x, and big bertha 460. and advice is welcome. thanks

Forgiving is what you seem to want, maybe the FT-i opposed to the Ft-5.
Best bagn for the buck though would have to be last year's Adams A4's, going really cheap now, forgiving, and really long. The Rapture is a good idea too.

i have the FT-i and a Nike square 5900. Nike hands downs for forgiveness, and they've come way down in price.

I thought the Ft-5 was a high spin driver.

I play an 9* FT-5 with a Fuji Stiff shaft currently and find it very forgiving. My only issue with it right now is that it plays more like a 10* or 10.5* than a 9*, but I have a feeling it is the Fuji shaft that is causing that. I'm no expert, but I don't find the Fuji Stiff to be stiff at all.

I love the club. It has a unique sound that takes a little getting used to, but now I like it.

For forgiveness, you do not want the FT-5. It can work for some, but Callaway calls it more of a players driver because of more spin production. Rapture definitely. Or any of the square drivers. There are a million choices.

For forgiveness, you do not want the FT-5. It can work for some, but Callaway calls it more of a players driver because of more spin production. Rapture definitely. Or any of the square drivers. There are a million choices.

I thought the Rapture was also their player's model of driver?

The Rapture is a very low spin driver.

ok thanks for the suggestions. i am starting to look at some of the square nikes and also the adams a4. the trick is i need to find out if he would hit a square driver. he played at pebble a few times this year and one of the times his luggage got lost so he had to rent clubs. the driver he played was the ft-I and he said he liked it. does anybody know some other low spin drivers from brands that i did not list?

AK,
you may just want to look at a bigger profile and just go with something that is either max GI or GI in the driver. He should like any of those that you get him. Square drivers in theory keep the ball on a straighter path. But many other drivers out there could be right up his alley. Why dont you tell him that you want to test new drivers and bring him along and see which one he likes the most?

good idea. i will talk to him about it soon. im hoping he likes a nike driver cuz i am great friends with a nike rep and he can probably hook me up

For forgiveness, you do not want the FT-5. It can work for some, but Callaway calls it more of a players driver because of more spin production. QUOTE]

Whoa, maybe I really am a player. Yeah, not so much.

Back