Tour Edge Exotics - CB PROs Wedges - THP Preview

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
In for review is the CB PROs wedge from Tour Edge Exotics. Box grooves called "Mongo grooves" combined with micro grooves improve face roughness and look fantastic looking down at the head. Vibrant chrome finish and great weighting generate some serious intrigue to get out and swing them.

From Tour Edge:

Forged from 1025 carbon steel, the CB PROs wedge series provides the ultimate feedback for the perfect touch.

Precision-milled MONGO grooves with the most aggressive legal sharpness & width, are layered with 28 micro-grooves to provide maximum face roughness. This combination of mongo and micro grooves delivers the ultimate spin control performance.

The CB PROs wedge series features a tour-grind sole design that eliminates bounce from the heel and toe for maximum versatility - so you can take control of any shot you face.

techlayer.jpg

perflayer.jpg

EXOTICS CB PRO S FORGED WEDGE SPECIFICATIONS
MODEL
LOFT
BOUNCE
LIE
SWINGWEIGHT
STEEL LENGTH
50°
10°
64°
D3
35.25"
52°
12°
64°
D3
35.25"
54°
14°
64°
D4
35.25"
56°
14°
64°
D5
35.25"
58°
14°
64°
D5
35.25"
60°
14°
64°
D5
35.25"
Available in men's and women's right hand. Lengths listed are men's standard. Ladies standard lengths are -1" from men's standard.

In Hand Photos

20140514_144344-XL.jpg

20140514_144902-XL.jpg

20140514_144824-XL.jpg

20140514_144446-M.jpg

20140514_144459-XL.jpg

20140514_144641-XL.jpg

20140514_144622-XL.jpg

Sharp looking wedge. Be interested to see how you like them.

Well hi there Tour Edge wedge. That's a pretty nice looking wedge from the address position. I'll be interested to hear how you find its versatility Dan.

I like the looks at setup.

It seems like the rough face tech is really taking hold lately. I can't wait to get this in the sand and around the green with an open face to see what kind of spin I can put on the ball.

Man, that's a pretty looking wedge.

I really like the look of these, minus the chrome. Darker finish and it would be perfect. 28 grooves, must be some serious spin with these. Cannot wait to hear more about them.

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

I will be watching this one closely... that is a good looking wedge and those grooves on grooves are intriguing!

Wow,

That's a lot of bounce on all of the wedges. Interesting to see how they'll perform for full swings on tight lies. Nice looking wedge though.

I will be watching this one closely... that is a good looking wedge and those grooves on grooves are intriguing!

It really doesn't look much different the Cleveland or Callaway groves.

Too much bounce for around here with our tight lies. They look pretty though

Nice looking wedge and remember MONGO SMASH:clapp:

Those are sharp looking. Seems like a solid wedge. Curious to hear how you do with them. Look forward to your thoughts.

Nice looking wedge. I am interested in hearing how the heel and toe grind improves playability on tighter lies. I will admit that the in hand close-up of the face looks really sweet.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Those look good, Dan. It looks like they are using the same Lamkin grip on the wedge as they are on their 3w, which is one that I really like.

Fantastic photos Dan and a great looking wedge.

Face looks enormous...can we get a comparison shot against the J40 for reference?

Nice looking wedge Dan. Look forward to what you think of these.

Seller on eBay told me TE is discontinuing their CB line . Is this true?

i played the TEE xcg-3 and that set is by definition the classic example of a game improvement shovel. Actually played it ok, but finally could not stand the lines, width of soles, and reverted back to my mini shovels, the 2.0 burners.

These wedges just hit marketplace, so what the future holds is anybody's guess, but these wedges have not been discontinued and are part of the 2014 line.

Great looking photos Dan.

Looking forward to your feedback on the Mongo grooves from what you see out on the course with them

The high bounce and same length for each loft is interesting.

nice photos Dan. I'm not big into the chrome finish , but can't wait to hear your thoughts

Fantastic photos Dan and a great looking wedge.

Face looks enormous...can we get a comparison shot against the J40 for reference?

I'll give you a few -- Sadly my Cleveland Rotex are on loan so I can't include them in the mix. We have the TaylorMade xFT, Wilson Staff FG Tour, Bridgestone J40, and the TEE CB PROs

20140515_101431.jpg

20140515_101411.jpg

20140515_101356.jpg

very nice looking wedge

Bounce doesn't bother me. Like the heel/toe relief. Still, in a marketplace with so many great options I don't know how I'd come to find these in the bag.

Back