I.G.A.A (Internet Golfers Almost Anonymous)

Adam Hartzell

Yup, I'm a lefty.
Reaction score
Handicap
Hi, my name is Adam and I am an internet golfer.

It has been 8 months since I last played forged blades and a driver that didn't work with my swing, but it sure did look cool.

Thanks to my friends here at THP, I'm now playing game improvement irons with set wedges that offer more forgiveness on approach shots. I'm playing more hybrids in my bag instead of long irons and only using third party wedges for partial shots. I'm also playing a driver/shaft combo that was fit for my swing and not playing something just because it is what the pros use.

All of this has led to much lower scores and an improved handicap. With the continued help and support of my friends here at THP, I hope to continue this trend into better golf.

Thank you.

haha, Congrats. When I was here last, they got me set up with clubs that was more my style and helped me find someplace to get fitted. This is an odd set of internet macguyvers who can find you what you need.

I make no qualms about what I play. I play what I want. My driver was fit for me and my irons were fit for me. I don't lie to myself that harsh clubs will make me better. I also don't lie to myself that a club is going to fix a swing flaw.

I don't post swing speeds or distances, usually. I also don't post shaft flexes in my WITB. Because that isn't important.

Glad to see THP is helping!!!

you can certainly find a plethora of useful information here.

Congrats
THP is a great resourse for learning about the game

Can I join IGAA? ... I like the sound of it. I'm trying to work out how you say it....

Hi Adam.

Congrats on the progress. Only 4 more coins to get your 1 year pin. Keep up the good work.

I'm still in denial. I can't look at wide top lines, moderate to significant offset or large iron heads... but I have progressed from steel and persimmon to graphite and titanium "toasters-on-a-stick", so there's hope for me yet. I mask the harshness with sensicore inserts. I come from a long line of enablers.

Good stuff Adam.

You're a smart man Adam :clapp:

Hi Adam.

Congrats on the progress. Only 4 more coins to get your 1 year pin. Keep up the good work.

I'm still in denial. I can't look at wide top lines, moderate to significant offset or large iron heads... but I have progressed from steel and persimmon to graphite and titanium "toasters-on-a-stick", so there's hope for me yet. I mask the harshness with sensicore inserts. I come from a long line of enablers.

Step one of I.G.A.A. is admitting that you have the problem, which I believe you may have done here.

You're a smart man Adam :clapp:

Good stuff Adam.

Thanks gents. Internet Golfer Addiction is on the rise with more and more amateurs claiming drives of over 300 yards and 4 irons that can carry 215 yards. My hope is that I.G.A.A. will be able to reach through to these internet golfers and help them play better by playing what is best for them and their game.

Good stuff from Adam and Blu. I have played SGI irons and blades, with almost no difference in scoring. I have played set wedges and "specialized" wedges, with almost no difference in scoring. I have played high - end putters and used bin putters with almost no difference in scoring. What I'm playing, now, is what I want to, with some consideration given to my typical miss. In the (in)famous words of Tiger, I believe "I'm close"... I'm close to making the jump into the low 80s, consistently. It's not because of the clubs, but rather that I have made more efforts to improve my swing and approach to the game.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change any and all clubs in my bag at any time. I like shiny new toys.

Disclaimer: I reserve the right to change any and all clubs in my bag at any time. I like shiny new toys.

This qualifies as one of the best post disclaimers ever posted on THP. At least in my book it does.

I do hope that other readers of this thread realize that this is all just supposed to be a fun way for me to say thank you for all the help and support I've received in the time that I have been on this forum.

This qualifies as one of the best post disclaimers ever posted on THP. At least in my book it does.

I do hope that other readers of this thread realize that this is all just supposed to be a fun way for me to say thank you for all the help and support I've received in the time that I have been on this forum.

Yep, your post made perfect sense as an "Internet golfer" as well as the appropriate kudos to other THPers. I concur on the "Thanks for all the info THP."

I'm an internet golfer nowadays I guess. I started playing long before the internet came about, and didn't think "too much" about equipment for many years. Now I'm always looking at and trying new stuff, trying to avail myself of the latest and greatest that technology has to offer. I'm still waiting for the lower scores to kick in. :act-up:

Welcome to THP!

Hi, my name is Adam and I am an internet golfer.

It has been 8 months since I last played forged blades and a driver that didn't work with my swing, but it sure did look cool.

Thanks to my friends here at THP, I'm now playing game improvement irons with set wedges that offer more forgiveness on approach shots. I'm playing more hybrids in my bag instead of long irons and only using third party wedges for partial shots. I'm also playing a driver/shaft combo that was fit for my swing and not playing something just because it is what the pros use.

All of this has led to much lower scores and an improved handicap. With the continued help and support of my friends here at THP, I hope to continue this trend into better golf.

Thank you.

Very nice! Play well!

LOL! Good stuff Adam.

I too have gone away from looked good and have gone with what works. Which reminds me....I need to update my signature.

LOL! Good stuff Adam.

I too have gone away from looked good and have gone with what works. Which reminds me....I need to update my signature.

Yep, I'm all about what works these days. You should see the ugly putter that is in my bag now. It's not the one in my sig, I need to change that.

Welcome to THP!

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk

Back