Callaway HEX Chrome+ Golf Ball Review Thread

I finally bought a dozen of these in Yellow. Cant wait. The Hex Blacks just arent doing it for me. I dont have a high enough swing speed to really take advantage of them. These should be right in my wheelhouse.

Call me crazy, but I can't do the Cally yellow.

It's because you are comparing them to the Tour Yellow from Srixon. I havent had these in Yellow yet but I certainly love the Srixon yellow. I hope these are even close to those.

It's because you are comparing them to the Tour Yellow from Srixon. I havent had these in Yellow yet but I certainly love the Srixon yellow. I hope these are even close to those.

That's exactly the reason haha. I go white with the Cally balls because of it.

That's exactly the reason haha. I go white with the Cally balls because of it.

They are too "range ball" yellow IMO. not to mention I can see a white golf ball better than a yellow one for some reason.

Anyway, when I lost a ball on 9 Saturday it was almost time to replace it anyway. I put a new one in play that hole and I don't think it will last many more holes. I am not seeing great durability but it also isn't any less durable than the B330rx IMO so for the price and added distance and straight ball flight off the tee ill take it. I guess durability is my only disappointment after reading reviews. Still no regrets.

They are too "range ball" yellow IMO. not to mention I can see a white golf ball better than a yellow one for some reason.

Anyway, when I lost a ball on 9 Saturday it was almost time to replace it anyway. I put a new one in play that hole and I don't think it will last many more holes. I am not seeing great durability but it also isn't any less durable than the B330rx IMO so for the price and added distance and straight ball flight off the tee ill take it. I guess durability is my only disappointment after reading reviews. Still no regrets.

To be fair, I feel the same way about Bridgestone yellow. Just not the same.

As for durability, that's such a tough one for me to gauge. I don't really tear up balls much, though I did put some marks on the Hex Black last year.

To be fair, I feel the same way about Bridgestone yellow. Just not the same.

Agreed. Srixon seems to have tour yellow figured out, I just can't see them very well in the air.

I was finally able to get in a full round with these today where the weather wasn't a factor so I could actually gauge the performance of the ball vs. the wind/rain.

Driver/tee shots: The ball definitely prefers to go straighter than the regular Chrome, though it can certainly still be worked and bad shots will still fly off-line, but anything close to a good shot that is well struck with the intent to go straight will tend to stay on line. I did not really pick up any distance vs. the Chrome and the ball flight is of similar height.

Irons: Here i think I actually lose a few yards to a half-club. They feel fine and fly fine, but for me they come up a little short. There were numerous holes where I felt I put a good swing on it with good contact and came up at least 5 yards short of what I expected based upon my yardages with the Chromes for the past year. No increased stopping ability or accuracy vs. Chrome.

Short game: I don't generate a lot of short game spin and I was playing on concrete greens today, so take that for a grain of salt, but these did not check up any more for me than the regular Chromes.

Putting: No complaints at all. They feel great on the putter. They are not, however, magic and do not prevent three- or four-putts. :beat-up:

Hazzard-avoidance: These balls are not hydrophobic and will sink if you hit them in water. Neither are they afraid of woods or trees or bushes or tall grass or bunkers. Pretty fearless, actually, like most of its cousins.

Overall I am not at all disappointed in the Chrome+, but I think for my game the Chrome is just a slightly better fit. Were I to wind up with a dozen Chrome+ somehow in the future I would gladly play them, adjusting my iron distance accordingly. I think I just don't generate quite enough clubhead speed to take full advantage of the Chrome+ changes vs. the original Chrome.

These and Bridgestone B330-RX are the balls that will be in use this year. I love the performance of these.

That's a great price. Not enough disposable income at the moment though lame. Hopefully they'll stay that way for awhile.

Just walked out of my local Dick's with a dozen for just under $33 after tax. The price tags noted this sale lasts until 5/25 so get em while you can!

I have played the chrome+ for a couple of rounds now and must say that it's a pretty decent ball. Long off the tee, straight and smooth off the irons, the only thing I feel it lacks is green side spin. Just not the same as my Hex Blacks or proV1x. While not terrible just not as much as I would like.

I don't know maybe I need another sleeve or two to find out for sure but just not doing it completely for me. They are incredibly durable though and will last quite a while but I still can't get away from my other two gamers.

Softer greens coupled with this ball had some serious spin going on. Not that I get too excited about this, but full iron shots and some pitch shots were backing up a few feet for me. I need to get this thing on a monitor to see what numbers I get off the driver. My feeling is that it's pretty good for my swing based on what I've seen on-course, but I haven't done much side-by-side with balls I know tend to fit me well off the driver. I've played the same ball for 27-ish holes and it's still going strong.

I picked a dozen of these up yesterday on the way home after getting threw a dozen "OG" Chromes. I have been ballooning those but like everything else so I figure I will give these a go.

Played my first 9 with them (check back in the thread, I bought 3 dozen like 2 months ago lol. Ahh, spring in Canada). The felt GREAT, went FAR off the driver and my 3W and 3H. I have new Vokey wedges I was playing for the first time...now, I don't spin back wedges but my shots were stopping *DEAD*.

After 9 holes (no trees, 1 cart path), you could find evidence the ball had been played, but for sure not enough to even consider taking it out of play.

Really hoping to game this ball tomorrow. Hoping to play at least 9 at my home course. Can't wait to test it out!

I have to say that the more I play it the more I like it. I still have 7-8 Hex Blacks out of the dozen I bought and I sort of balked at choosing the Chrome+ when grabbing one from my bag at first. Today, I grabbed the Chrome+ without hesitation.

I have to say that the more I play it the more I like it. I still have 7-8 Hex Blacks out of the dozen I bought and I sort of balked at choosing the Chrome+ when grabbing one from my bag at first. Today, I grabbed the Chrome+ without hesitation.

Its one of SEVERAL golf balls that have really impressed me this year. I still love my RX's, but man every time I play one of these +'s I realize I could easily play them full time.

Very good news my man. I love the cheaper price point.

I am planning to game the Chrome+ balls tomorrow at Twin City golf club, playing with 3 of my friends in the morning.

Back