Wilson Staff Ci11 Irons

Wow, these grips are seriously cheap crap. I just finished regripping these things. The Wilson grips were thick and crumbled everywhere when i took em off. Stick to rebadged golfprides like everyone else, Wilson!

I've read several reviews where the factory grips got slagged, but they seem fine (for now, at least) to me. No worse than the factory Callaway grips I had before. I doubt very much they'll last as long, though.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll have to look around...know any off the top of your head that were <=250? I saw that W/S had marked them down as well - will they alter the lie for free on there? I've got my current sticks at 1* up, but the lies on these may be a little different to begin with.

There's a set on the bay for $269/buy it now. 4-PW,GW.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Wilson-...21206149760?pt=Golf_Clubs&hash=item4ac960e280

I'd love to jump on them but now just isn't the right time for me

Global golf has got em fairly cheap as well. under 300 new when i checked this past weekend. I just wanted the instant gratification and thrill of the hunt!

Golfio has these for $229 brand new.

Sale ends tomorrow.

Golfio has these for $229 brand new.

Sale ends tomorrow.

Just saw this posted on another forum, was about to post it here but was beaten.

229 is an absolute steal.

The more I keep playing these and the better my swing gets the more and more I'm enjoying them. The ability to work the ball when need is there and the ability to control distance(take a little off) is great.

The last three times out I have been spinning balls back with everything from 6-gw.

Haven't been playing much this month thanks to a certain bank's annual enrollment, but i've managed to put two rounds on these clubs now. One pretty good, one worst-round-ive-ever-played-kind-of-bad. The bad round resulting from me experimenting with different things in my swing in an effort to hit the ball a bit straighter more often and a bunch of bad lies on a hilly course. Went back out to the range yesterday though and hit pretty much everything straight but with varying distances - i just need to get this swing more consistent. Like many noob golfers, i keep fiddling with grip/address trying to find something that feels and works well. One of my buddies that is pretty good hit mine a few weeks ago and fell in love and ordered a set this weekend to replace his current gamers.

Enron glad you like them so far and your buddy was so swept with them he picked up a set as well.

They are great clubs and are highly under rated IMO. I'm still loving mine and even picked up a 4i to finish the set off.

They aren't the most forgiving irons and respond to a nice smooth swing the best, at least for me.

I guess what I am asking are these a good option for a low handicapper.

I would have no reason to say no they are workable, if you work the ball, they are forgiving, I can and do stick them on the green with plenty of spin, flightable

Are they bigger than your Titleist yes yes they are, probably not as workable. They will get the Job Done. I've seen low cappers hit mine well and think they could game them with out any problem.

I guess what I am asking are these a good option for a low handicapper.

Well that is sort of a loaded question...because it depends as follows:

1) What is your definition is of a low handicap

2) Why is a person a low hanicapper (strong short game, very good ball striker, etc...)

Based on my experience, I think a low handicapper is anyone 5 and below...I have had my handicap down to 6.2 but have been playing somwhere between 8-10 over the last two years due to injuries, lack of practice, etc...

So if your question is asking can a 5 or lower play these clubs...I say "Yes" becuase if the 5 is a very good ball striker and likes to work the ball he can with these clubs but if he is a 5 because of a strong short game the Ci11 are forgiving enough to provide some help (distance control)...I have had these clubs in the bag on two different occasions and in my humble opinion I would say that the highest handicapper to play these (again depending on why their hanicap is where it is) is probably 12-15 as they dont have a lot of offset nor is the sole very wide to keep a steep swinger from digging too much..they are what I call a "tweener"...between a Player's iron and a GI...just my 2 cents...

I am going to get these but I am not sure if I should go with graphite of steel.

My current set is the Adams A2's, which I've used from almost 10 years. My swing speed with the 7 iron was 70 and driver speed is 95mph. Any suggestions?

I am going to get these but I am not sure if I should go with graphite of steel.

My current set is the Adams A2's, which I've used from almost 10 years. My swing speed with the 7 iron was 70 and driver speed is 95mph. Any suggestions?

I currently game the Ci11s with KBS Tour 90 steel shafts in them. The stock steel True Temper flighted shafts aren't bad, though, and I have a driver swing speed around your range.

The steel shafts, from my experience, launch mid high to high.

Thanks. I was set on steel stiff shafts, but I found a really good deal on graphite. I've started researching the topic and now throughly confused myself. I mentioned getting graphite shafts to some friends and they replied with some very derogatory comments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I was set on steel stiff shafts, but I found a really good deal on graphite. I've started researching the topic and now throughly confused myself. I mentioned getting graphite shafts to some friends and they replied with some very derogatory comments.

That'll happen. I worked myself up into a lather hitting the steel, graphite, & the half & half shaft before purchasing the C11's with the half & half.

Some swing changes combined with an exercise program for a tender back & now the clubs are on the workbench; winter shaft roulette begins anew.

If you prefer a shaft with some girth in it, go with the stock steel. Drop in the Pro-Soft inserts if you need some shock relief when you regrip them. If some reason you feel that you want a lighter shaft, consider the graphite or the half & half.

Truthfully, with the stock Wilson shaft offerings, you're splitting hairs here.

As info, I'm going to reshaft using something heavier as that works better for my swing - Nippon 1050's and FST 115's are the leading candidates right now.

Thanks. I was interested in the half and half but on one seems to have them in stock. I will be pulling the trigger on these soon. I trying to hold out until after thanksgiving to try and catch a sale.

Thanks. I was interested in the half and half but on one seems to have them in stock. I will be pulling the trigger on these soon. I trying to hold out until after thanksgiving to try and catch a sale.

What shaft flex are you playing currently? Do you need shafts that get the ball up?

FYI Fredricksburg Golf has the Ci11s on ebay for $219 shipped, 4-PW. 100% legit seller.

What shaft flex are you playing currently? Do you need shafts that get the ball up?

I play regular flex on Adams a2's. I am going to switch to stiff, I want the added stability even if it costs me a few yards. I had no problem hitting the 4 iron when I demoed them. I was very happy with that because I'm used to hitting the hibrrd

I play regular flex Adams a2. I am going to switch to stiff I want the added stability.

I was able to get the 4 iron up when I was demoing the clubs no problem. I was a bit worried going from 3 and 4 hybrids to a 4 iron.

FYI Fredricksburg Golf has the Ci11s on ebay for $219 shipped, 4-PW. 100% legit seller.

Nice thanks. I'm trying to get em for $200.

Sorry just realized I've been repeating my self. Disregard that.

I bought some CI9s w/graphite due to an old injury (elbow but not golf related) that was making golf painful, going from steel to graphite the only difference I noticed was no pain, I would not hesitate to tell anyone to go to graphite. Other than no pain I notice no difference about my iron play going graphite vs steel, would like to try the 1/2 and 1/2 shaft but have never seen them in a setting that I was able to try them. In the future I will always go graphite as I don't miss anything about a steel shaft. I have 105 gr proto shafts not so sure I would like some of the lighter options out there.

I had a chance to hit these once yesterday on a par 3. Didn't hit it very good but had good outcome. It landed about 1.5' from the hole. Very good miss! I will swing them again when golfinff and I play golf again.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Back