PineHills Golf Club - Plymouth, MA

DDBowdoin

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Pinehills Golf Club is a 36 hole complex located in Plymouth, MA. Plymouth is located on the southeastern coast of Massachusetts and is famous for being the landing site of the Pilgrims. The town has healthy mix of golf clubs and boasts 4 quality tracks. The Pinehills Golf Club boasts two world class designs by Rees Jones and Jack Nicklaus is one of the finest public clubs in Massachusetts.

I recently had the pleasure of playing the Jones course. This is my first experience with a Jones design and I must say I was thoroughly impressed. Pine Hills boasts well manicured conditions and a layout second to none in Massachusetts. Green fee's are a bit steep coming in at 110 in the high season. We took advantage of the fall season rate of 80, which includes cart and unlimited range balls. The course is consistently ranked as the finest public course in Massachusetts. Playing from the tips the course is challenging and measures at 7175 yards with several holes consistently playing into strong headwinds. I'm not a fan of cart golf and we decided to walk the course. This was certainly challenging due to the distance between tee and green on several holes but I enjoyed the experience nonetheless. Length is paramount here, especially when facing the 12th hole, a 446 yard par 4 that had a healthy wind in the face. The par 5 15th, measuring 509 yards, is simply a stunning hole and although it was not the most difficult hole I have ever played is certainly one of the most visually stunning holes I have ever played.

2995674765_5b140f9d42_b.jpg

2996548800_e45327102a_b.jpg

Pinehills is the perfect addition to a classic Cape Cod vacation. Located only minutes from Cape Cod it is the perfect home base when planning the perfect golf vacation.

Here are some quick pictures I snapped during our round. Hope you enjoy and if you're ever in the area certainly make an effort to stop in and play Pinehills. You won't be disappointed.

2996511904_ddc5069a1b_b.jpg

2996499448_28a534c4f1_b.jpg

2996531956_402afa7c78_b.jpg

Simply gorgeous.

Wow. That looks amazing.

Thanks for the pics DD

a rarity in these parts... I'm a pretty confident player and I shot a 90 there. The course was just absurdly long. Like I said in the mini-review the course plays with some serious wind conditions. This is mainly due to the fact that Plymouth, and the course, is roughly a mile from the Atlantic.

There was some 480 par 4's, uphill, and into the wind where driver and 3 wood left you with a wedge in hand. One of the hardest tracks I have played but mainly due to length and wind.

The picture of the long par 5 required a 260 yard drive over a gorge to make the fairway. It was downhill but was incredibly deceptive. You couldn't tell if you barely made it or blew one by. Some how, our balls were 60-70 yards deep into the fairway. The entire walk down we thought we'd be searching in the rough for our balls and were happily surprised to see them in the fairway. I hit 3 wood into the green side bunker. Left myself 10feet and made the birdie putt. Only birdie of the day...

We also encountered a 248 yard par 3, all carry over a valley, with a heavily protected green. Deep bunkers and shaved banks required the perfect shot. I hit driver short into the right bunker. Fortunately my sand game was on point and I was left with 2 ft. Made the putt and limped away with par.

Fantastic photos. Picture postcard stuff.

glad to you enjoyed the photographs... decided to lug out the nice camera and glad I did. I have a point and shoot and a DSLR Nikon D80... which takes great shots but is cumbersome.

glad to you enjoyed the photographs... decided to lug out the nice camera and glad I did. I have a point and shoot and a DSLR Nikon D80... which takes great shots but is cumbersome.

I'm playing a course called Gainsborough Greens for the second time in the week after next. I'll take my camera with me. It has a number of lazy kangaroos in residence which lie on the edge of some fairways admiring the golf & scratching themselves. (probably like a lot of golf spectators)

that's hillarious... the weather here is quickly becoming colder and colder. we don't have many weekends left

I have no idea what I will be doing in the off season. Have to look into some trips

few more shots from the course...

2996487384_2ef9ea9bee_b.jpg

9th hole, approach

2995687213_de187c5a27_b.jpg

9th hole, view from tee

2995680353_f2d8bd256d_b.jpg

Nice looking course and beautiful photos. Thanks DDB

Very nice, I hope one day to be good enough to play a course that nice.

it literally kicked my ass... I'm pretty confident when I get out there on a normal day but when I'm facing 7200 yards with bunkers in play, decent rough, and wind I legitimately felt as if I was facing tour like conditions.

I was pleased ending the day with a 90, you don't hear that often from someone who posts a 6 handicap

it literally kicked my ass... I'm pretty confident when I get out there on a normal day but when I'm facing 7200 yards with bunkers in play, decent rough, and wind I legitimately felt as if I was facing tour like conditions.

I was pleased ending the day with a 90, you don't hear that often from someone who posts a 6 handicap

I would have to play from the white tees and judging by the slope, still take a beating:beat-up:

Very beautiful course, I'm not worthy of teeing it up. :shame:

Black 7175 yards, 73.8 / 135
blue 6762 yards, 72.4 / 131
white 6201 yards 69.6 / 125
red 5380 yards 71.2 / 125

Back