What was the worst or most amusing golf tantrum witnessed?

TheNewBrad

Who's ya caddy?
Reaction score
Handicap
Deceptive
I'll start this one off.

I didn't actually see it but my dad told me about it many years ago.

It was like the Royal Bank of Scotland ad but with a bit more.

It was at my dad's old home club. A member there was so frustrated with his round that he threw his clubs (and bag) into a pond on the course. :at-wits-end:

It doesn't end there.

Of course, then he remembers that his car keys are in the bag. :pissed-off: So he dives in and retrieves the lot. :curse:

No, it doesn't end there.

Now, you'd think the impromptu dip would have cooled him down. No, not this guy. He finds his car keys, takes them out & then throws the bag and clubs back into the pond. :at-wits-end:

Last edited:
... more maybe this one?

[YOUTUBE]GDnyCERFPpY[/YOUTUBE]

Woody Austin explaining how he outplayed Tiger but still lost.

That video was awesome!! that is all time

Craig Mac's evil twin, right? :D

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBQFmugvYus&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hBQFmugvYus&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Actually he's probably the nicer one, but I extremely rarely throw a club, and it's usually a small toss towards the bag/cart.

The worst tantrum I have witnessed in person was several years back, playing at Lake Wright Golf Course in Norfolk VA. We were on the 8th hole, a shortish dogleg left par 4, with water all the way down the left. One of our playing partners(known for heavy drinking the night before we played), gets on the tee and proceeds to hook his tee shot in the water. Now he is mad and goes back to the bag and grabs another ball. Swings out of his shoes, exact same result. So he goes back to the bag and grabs another ball, tees it up, same result. He did this 5 times before saying, "I'm just going to f*&^%n' drop up there".

So he gets to the "drop point", face fully red, reaches in his bag and starts throwing handfulls of golf balls in the lake while yelling as many profanities as he can, and telling the lake it can have all the balls in his bag. After which he just proceeds to walk up the hole and keeps going to the parking lot and leaves the course.

I am pretty sure that was the last time any of us have played with him.

... more maybe this one?

They didn't even show the best part of that whole tantrum: One of the volunteers waded into the pond and got herself Charley's Scotty Cameron Fastback prototype. It was awesome.

Does that mean that Craig Mac also looks like Chris Griffin?

familyGuy2006_Chris_f_1178542383.jpg
=
choffman_buick2007.JPG

That's it, now I've placed him! Chris Griffin with Kurt Cobain hair!

:smile: (And a good look it is, Craig...)

I was playing in a three day member/guest at my friends club... anyways, he was playing really well the first two days and on the last day just started to feel some pressure. We were on a par three, hit hit a pretty good shot that just took the worst hop I have ever seen and kicked down below into a deep area well below the hole. An inch the other direction it would have released right to the hole.

Anyways, upon seeing the result he takes his seven iron and just launches it at the cart and the shaft snaps in two. It was a tantrum and a half... I was embarressed that he was my team mate.

I feel bad I don't have any full fledged tantrum stories to share. The worst I ever saw was a friend was having a blowup hole and he hit several shots a few feet each. After the last one it looked like he was chopping firewood with his pitching wedge, he slammed it into the ground four or five times. That's it, boring, I know.
174.gif

I'm pretty much with Smallville. Once played a round with a friend who was disgusted with a particular shot. Almost as a joke, she tossed her PW. She ended up throwing it much harder than she intended, into a big stand of thorny brush. Took us forever to fish it out of there, and she got pretty scratched up. I'm confident she learned her lesson.

Back