Callaway Supersoft Ball

I couldn't wait any longer for this ball to show up at a local shop, so I ordered a dozen online! The reviews this far have me excited and I am waiting impatiently to get them and test them out myself!
Awesome dude, cant wait to hear your feedback on these.

This thread got me excited and I picked up a dozen yesterday and played them today. I love everything about this ball. Durable cover: I was on the dirt and rocks all day and the two balls I used looked nearly new after 18. Looooonnnnng - the four well struck tee shots I had were over 310 yards - my snap hooks went about 250. Soft, like butter driver to putter. Spin, I hit ten greens and each time the ball stopped within a foot of impact. $20/dozen. This is worth trying.

I bought a sleeve at the course and played them during my round last weekend. The course was completely soaked, so it wasn't a typical round, but they seemed to be pretty good balls especially considering the price.

I like the Duo a lot. I can't wait to play these!!!

Played these last round and really enjoyed them. Greens were frozen for most of the round, but the few at the end it held nicely. Great feel off the driver and irons as well. Looking forward to a bit more receptive conditions this weekend to get a better feel for them.

Played these last round and really enjoyed them. Greens were frozen for most of the round, but the few at the end it held nicely. Great feel off the driver and irons as well. Looking forward to a bit more receptive conditions this weekend to get a better feel for them.

Im hoping to play these on saturday as well. Still have the two sleeves you gave me.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

I am not seeing the performance of this ball as an improvement over the E6. For me, the E6 is longer and spins the same. Still trying them for a few holes each round, but probably won't buy a second dozen.

I am not seeing the performance of this ball as an improvement over the E6. For me, the E6 is longer and spins the same. Still trying them for a few holes each round, but probably won't buy a second dozen.

This ^^^
Played a few holes with these on Friday and a few more today and feel the same about these as I do the Wilson Duo..... just too soft and noticeably shorter than the E6 and my gamer as of late, the Srixon Soft Feel. I will admit they do feel nice off the putter and irons though.

Still not available here in Australia so frustrating really wanna have a crack with them!

Will pay attention to distance loss you speak if, nothing stood out when I played them the first time. Mental note.

Played my second round with these Thursday. I really like the feel off the irons. Putt nicely as well. Still a bit cold in the NW but my distances were same as I get with Q Star and E6. Spin seems about the same as well. Also seems durable. Will keep playing and keep you all informed. Playing Chambers Bay next week.

Just ordered a couple boxes of these to try out. Will try them in conjunction with the E6. Too bad the didn't have orange though.

THP #theking #imwithchad

I've been putting with this and the SR3 on my birdieball the past two nights. I have to admit, I think I like the sound of the Supersoft better (sound is less clicky). Odd, since it isn't a urethane cover.

I was able to play a round using the new SuperSoft & the DUO's.

Note: I typically play with either a Callaway Hex Chrome+, a Taylormade Penta, or Pro V1X so my thoughts regarding this ball are coming from that viewpoint. I do not typically play 2 piece balls as I find them to be too hard and have very little spin control.

Here is what I liked along with a comparison:

STRAIGHT:
- The Callaway Supersoft (SS) and the Wilson Staff DUO are very straight from the tee. I suppose that I have gotten so used to a strong draw or push that I was pleasantly surprised to find that with either the SS or the DOU that my ball went straight. I had to make an adjustment to my alignment because they were so straight.

DISTANCE:
For me, the SS was longer than the DUO. I managed to get a few really good drives with each ball and without a doubt the SS tended to travel farther.

TRAJECTORY:
While both the SS and the DUO have a nice trajectory both with the driver as well as the irons and wedges, the SS seemed to have less of a "ballooning" effect. I believe this is really what resulted in more distance.

GREENSIDE SPIN:
I am typically able to generate a lot of spin on the ball with my wedges so I look for the ball to bounce and stop or skip and back up. Actually, I rely on my ability to do that, so I was really interested in seeing how these balls would perform with my wedges.
The DUO won in this department. With the DUO I was able to drop and stop or skip and back-up with the same effort that would use on a urethane covered 4 or 5 piece ball. With the SS, I could get it to stop but could not get it to back up, and I tried several times.

PUTTING:
Both of these balls perform very well with the putter. It would be hard to say which one was "better" as I thought they were very similar.

COLOR OF YELLOW
I played they 'yellow' version of both these balls and I prefer the SS yellow to the DUO yellow. The SS yellow seemed to be brighter and deeper than the softer lighter of the DUO.

RECOMMENDATION
I recommend either the DUO or the SS for beginner to the moderate player. The are very good balls that reduce side spin and are very durable.
I would not have a problem recommending these balls to more skilled players to use during the winter months. They will help to keep you in the fairway and give you a few extra yards.

I give the SS balls 4.5 stars out of 5 for this class of ball.

I finally got my hands a dozen of the Supersoft balls over the weekend. Can't wait to try them out. If it's not the weather, its work that gets in the way!!!!

I wonder how the SS stacks up against the new TaylorMade A ball. My Dicks didn't have the SS on the shelf yet, but it's not like I can hit balls anywhere yet with this snow.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I have been enjoying these since mid January. I think I found a cheap-er balls that work for me. I liked the feel off the driver and irons and putting. I am not so sure about the trajectory and stopping on the green yet.

I tried these balls on the weekend ,our temperature was around 36 fairenheit when we started
my swing speed is 115+ and it was like hitting marshmellows, but the ball flew
no ballooning or anything abnormal.long and straight, I compared them with the pro v1
the callaway was 15 yds longer.
could not tell you how they checked up on the greens though they are frozen
all in all a decent winter ball,i wouldn't hit this ball in temperatures above 50 degrees

Byrd that was an excellent write up. I am happy that people who have played these have been able to get them stick. It sounds like it has a leg up on the e6 in the spin department

For those of you who have played it I'd be curious on your feedback if using insert putters. I play a Versa and the ball barely feels like its on the face when stoked.

For those of you who have played it I'd be curious on your feedback if using insert putters. I play a Versa and the ball barely feels like its on the face when stoked.

I'm Noticing the same thing, even off my metal x milled. Noticeable how much more quiet it is than the sr3 off the putter face

I'm Noticing the same thing, even off my metal x milled. Noticeable how much more quiet it is than the sr3 off the putter face

Glad I'm not alone. At first uh ought it felt cool, it has since become unnerving as the lack of feel is not good for a "feel" putter

Glad I'm not alone. At first uh ought it felt cool, it has since become unnerving as the lack of feel is not good for a "feel" putter
I still haven't played w/ this ball, but I play all the time w/ the Duo which is basically the same ball w/o hex dimples.

With that said, I actually love not feeling the ball off the putter. It's like making a practice stroke.

I still haven't played w/ this ball, but I play all the time w/ the Duo which is basically the same ball w/o hex dimples.

With that said, I actually love not feeling the ball off the putter. It's like making a practice stroke.

And sometimes the practice stroke is better then the real one!

No issues with putting here.

Back