Official Golfing Weather Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heavy misty rain, windy, 6* celsius. Playable if you want a sinus cold, or if you already have one, bronchitis/hypothermia. One of the two anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yay...got out today. 50 degrees, and 30 mph winds. Better than no golf. :D

Freaking figures. You invite people into your state from the north for THP Ultimate Club Testing and they bring the stupid weather with them. It was like 50 walking the dogs today.

Freaking figures. You invite people into your state from the north for THP Ultimate Club Testing and they bring the stupid weather with them. It was like 50 walking the dogs today.

You need to get that fixed JB. I'm not coming to Florida to experience the exact same weather I have here. :p Just looked at the difference between Howie in the Hills and here. It's a whopping 2 degrees different. I was looking forward to wearing shorts, but it appears that's not happening...:banghead:

You need to get that fixed JB. I'm not coming to Florida to experience the exact same weather I have here. :p Just looked at the difference between Howie in the Hills and here. It's a whopping 2 degrees different. I was looking forward to wearing shorts, but it appears that's not happening...:banghead:

Dont blame me, before you guys were coming, it was warm. Now its cold.
To be honest, Howie in the Hills is nowhere near where we are (its about 2+ hours away).

Is 50 bad?

Wait that's a complaint??

Just left to come done and it's 32- and gonna be a high of 42. I'll take 50s haha

Is 50 bad?

When its been 70* and sunny the last 45 days in a row it is. When you compare it to places like Milwaukee? No, but then few places are as bad as that place.

Dont blame me, before you guys were coming, it was warm. Now its cold.
To be honest, Howie in the Hills is nowhere near where we are (its about 2+ hours away).

OK, I'll blame blugold....

But to be honest, it has been a very odd winter here in the southeast. 78 degrees and then 2 days later it's in the 40s.

Cold in Georgia up until Monday and we get a really nice break. The forcast says 59 which will be nice and comfy! The cold weather the last couple of months has been good for making me behave after knee surgery. Results being excellent recovery during post op! Now we have to get KellyBo back up and strong.

1609651_10152144064360552_1222300034_n.jpg

I would love 50. :D

Course was closed today. Fog kept the frost on the ground here.

1506122_10202189117883487_2125449652_o.jpg

Frost delay. Going up to 61 today but got down to around 30 last night. About 40 right now.

Dayummmmm cold weather coming back in today with temps in teens and wind gusts high. Highs in twenties - thirties through this weekend :angry:. The bad thing is MarcH is coming in from Vegas tomorrow to stay with us for a week. We would like to get some golf in before he heads back home. :banghead:

Right now I'm headed to work staring down the barrel of a snowstorm that's about to hit us...over 10 inches predicted for the area. Effffffffffff.

I hear you Nate. Although "only 6 to 8 inches" here in Maryland.

I'm so tired of winter, and then I see it's still only January 21.....ugh.

Yeah we are supposed to get 4 to 10 inches here. Supposed to be the worst this afternoon. Everything is closed which is pretty sweet.

Snow just started so we shall see if what they actually predict comes true.

Last edited:
We're down to the low single digits this morning. Was only supposed to get down to 13.

Was 28 degrees, but one of the courses had no frost, so we went out. It was like playing off the cart path all day, but it was playing. :D

Right now I'm headed to work staring down the barrel of a snowstorm that's about to hit us...over 10 inches predicted for the area. Effffffffffff.

Same here in SE Mass. Wife and kids already had school cancelled for tomorrow. When we get a nice day, I think to myself "oh it'll be soon when I'll be back on the course!".

Then we get a day like today where I'm driving 20mph on the highway home and wishing I could stow away with my father and grandfather when they leave for Myrtle Beach in 2 weeks...

currently 16 degrees here on Long Island and already about 10 inches on the ground, supposed to snow until 10am.....ugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back